HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,217
Posts195,986
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 32
Rick H 18
Daryl 4
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, 1 invisible), 1,595 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 27 of 102 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 101 102
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: Mountain Man] #159875
01/02/14 02:28 AM
01/02/14 02:28 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
APL, fire from the presence of Jesus in the most holy place blazed out and killed Nadab and Abihu:

Quote:
"And there went out fire from the Lord, and devoured them, and they died before the Lord."

God had forbidden them to use the common fire to present before him with the incense, upon pain of death. {RH, July 29, 1873 par. 4}

Fire from his presence destroyed them in their sin. {4aSG 125.1}

A fire blazed out from the holy of holies and consumed them. {Te 280.1}

The minds of Nadab and Abihu were beclouded because of intemperance, and in the place of taking the fire God had commanded them they took the common fire, and God destroyed them. {Te 287.2}

Nadab and Abihu were slain by the fire of God's wrath for their intemperance in the use of wine. God would have his people understand that they will be visited according to their obedience or transgressions. {2SM 412.4}

And the wrath of God was kindled against Nadab and Abihu for their disobedience, and a fire went out from the Lord, and devoured them in the sight of the people. By this judgment God designed to teach the people that they must approach him with reverence and awe, and in his own appointed manner. {ST, July 17, 1884 par. 9}

Do you think Jesus withdrew His restraining hand and fire acted in and of itself and killed Nadab and Abihu?

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: Mountain Man] #159876
01/02/14 04:01 AM
01/02/14 04:01 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: MM
APL, fire from the presence of Jesus in the most holy place blazed out and killed Nadab and Abihu:
Yes, they when where they could not go! Exodus 33:20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for man shall not see me and live. They went into the sanctuary without the protection of the incense. In this case it they entered into God’s presence with their own fire, their own righteousness, which cannot endure before Him.

This is also interesting fire! What to you does it mean they were "consumed"? Leviticus 10:4-5 And Moses called Mishael and Elzaphan, the sons of Uzziel the uncle of Aaron, and said unto them, Come near, carry your brethren from before the sanctuary out of the camp. 5 So they went near, and carried them in their coats out of the camp; as Moses had said.

Interesting fire indeed. Their coats were intact.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: APL] #159877
01/02/14 04:14 AM
01/02/14 04:14 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: mm
You have consistently ignored these (and other) passages. You blow them off as if they don't exist. I suspect you believe they must be interpreted to mean Jesus will withdraw His restraining hand and permit sin and evil to run its natural course.

You interpret these verses from a human emotion, that God must acts as we do. You read that God sent the fiery serpents to mean exactly that and blow off the idea that this is a human description of the event! When we KNOW that God did not send the serpents, but removed His protection. You blow off EGW comments which says God destroys no man, that God is not the executioner. You blow off scripture references such as Deuteronomy 32!
Originally Posted By: EGW
Men cannot with impunity reject the warning which God in mercy sends them. A message was sent from heaven to the world in Noah's day, and their salvation depended upon the manner in which they treated that message. Because they rejected the warning, the Spirit of God was withdrawn from the sinful race, and they perished in the waters of the Flood. In the time of Abraham, mercy ceased to plead with the guilty inhabitants of Sodom, and all but Lot with his wife and two daughters were consumed by the fire sent down from heaven. So in the days of Christ. The Son of God declared to the unbelieving Jews of that generation: "Your house is left unto you desolate." Matthew 23:38. Looking down to the last days, the same Infinite Power declares, concerning those who "received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved": "For this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: that they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness." 2 Thessalonians 2:10-12. As they reject the teachings of His word, God withdraws His Spirit and leaves them to the deceptions which they love. {GC 431.1}
There is cause and effect in action. Men reject God and long and persistent enough, as GC36 says, God withdraws and lets men have what they want, which will be death.

You blow off the idea that God did not want Israel to fight as shown in the Bible and EGW. Perhaps it is your association with the military that has blinded you? I don't know your background. It is hard to find that our human ways are so contrary to God's law, when it is so accepted by human law.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: APL] #159878
01/02/14 04:44 AM
01/02/14 04:44 AM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: APL
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
So I guess it comes down to this, if you believe you are correct that execution of Justice is murder, then you do not agree with the writtings of Ellen White, and this will drive you away from the church.

I fear for you.

"Actually, it is Ellen that says God is not the executioner".

That is a lie. You are misquoting God's messenger.

She said "We cannot know how much we owe to Christ for the peace and protection which we enjoy (In this life). It is the restraining power of God that prevents mankind from passing fully under the control of Satan. The disobedient and unthankful have great reason for gratitude for God’s mercy and long-suffering in holding in check the cruel, malignant power of the evil one. But when men pass the limits of divine forbearance (past probation), that restraint is removed. (AFTER PROBATION, BEFORE THE DEATH OF THE WICKED) God does not stand toward the sinner as an executioner of the sentence against transgression; but He leaves the rejectors of His mercy to themselves, to reap that which they have sown." {GC 36.1}

This quote is specifically for the end of probation in this life. But what about those who after probation are still alive when He returns or at the seocnd resurrection? They are slain by the wrath of the Lion of the tribe of Judah.

"At the coming of Christ the wicked are destroyed by the brightness of His glory. Christ takes His people to the city of God, and the earth is emptied of its inhabitants. “Behold, the Lord maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof. ... The land shall be utterly emptied and utterly spoiled: for the Lord hath spoken this word ... because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant. Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned.” Isaiah 24:1, 3, 5, 6. {HF 397.2}

"For six thousand years the great controversy has been in progress; the Son of God and His heavenly messengers have been in conflict with the power of the evil one, to warn, enlighten, and save the children of men. Now all have made their decisions (close of probation); the wicked have fully united with Satan in his warfare against God. The time has come for God to vindicate the authority of His downtrodden law. Now the controversy is not alone with Satan, but with men. “The Lord hath a controversy with the nations”; “He will give them that are wicked to the sword.” {Mar 296.2}
The mark of deliverance has been set upon those “that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done.” Now the angel of death goes forth, represented in Ezekiel’s vision by the men with the slaughtering weapons, to whom the command is given: “Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary.” Says the prophet: “They began at the ancient men which were before the house.” Ezekiel 9:1-6. The work of destruction begins among those who have professed to be the spiritual guardians of the people. The false watchmen are the first to fall. There are none to pity or to spare. Men, women, maidens, and little children perish together. {Mar 296.3}
“The Lord cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.” Isaiah 26:21.... In the mad strife of their own fierce passions, and by the awful outpouring of God’s unmingled wrath, fall the wicked inhabitants of the earth—priests, rulers, and people, rich and poor, high and low. “And the slain of the Lord shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried.” Jeremiah 25:33. {Mar 296.4}

This quote says like I have been saying all along that there is two elements to the destruction of the wicked, the tumult of their "mad strife of their own fierce passions, and by the awful outpouring of God’s unmingled wrath".

APL You have outright neglected every quote using direct statements that God does execute judgment. So in essence you do not see harmony between the statements that you missapply to God's impotence and the other quotes that directly say Jesus is both the lamb of God and the Lion of Judah. You mocked me saying "Yeah, lets fear the wrath of the lamb" and when I proved through the testimonies that He is also the Lion of Judah to the impenatent, you don't even look at it, like you are wilfully blinded to those statements. I have seen this before so much in the church.

"I was shown that the seven last plagues will be poured out after Jesus leaves the sanctuary. Said the angel, “It is the wrath of God and the Lamb that causes the destruction or death of the wicked. At the voice of God the saints will be mighty and terrible as an army with banners, but they will not then execute the judgment written. The execution of the judgment will be at the close of the one thousand years.” {EW 52.1}

APL you are so convicted that you are correct, there is no hope for you on this subject.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159879
01/02/14 04:50 AM
01/02/14 04:50 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Here is a warning directly for you APL, and everyone else who thinks they are being led by God to teach lies...

"Now the angel of death goes forth, represented in Ezekiel’s vision by the men with the slaughtering weapons, to whom the command is given: “Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary.” “They began at the ancient men which were before the house,” those who professed to be the spiritual guardians of the people. Ezekiel 9:6. {HF 396.4}
False watchmen are the first to fall. “The Lord cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.” “A great tumult from the Lord shall be among them; and they shall lay hold every one on the hand of his neighbor, and his hand shall rise up against the hand of his neighbor.” Isaiah 26:21; Zechariah 14:13. {HF 396.5}
In the mad strife of their own fierce passions and by the outpouring of God’s unmingled wrath, fall wicked priests, rulers, and people. “And the slain of the Lord shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other.” Jeremiah 25:33. {HF 397.1}

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159880
01/02/14 05:01 AM
01/02/14 05:01 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
And what about the plagues? Are you saying that they are poured out by demons? You need to repent APL.

"And “the rivers and fountains of waters ... became blood.” Terrible as these inflictions are, God’s justice stands fully vindicated. The angel of God declares: “Thou art righteous, O Lord, ... because Thou hast judged thus. For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and Thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy” (Revelation 16:2-6). By condemning the people of God to death, they have as truly incurred the guilt of their blood as if it had been shed by their hands.—The Great Controversy, 628 (1911). {LDE 245.2}

If you look carefully at this ONE statement you would see how they destroy themselves by condemning God's people but it is executed by the righteous angels.

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159881
01/02/14 05:08 AM
01/02/14 05:08 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Here is another perfect quote to prove God executes the judgment...

"To sin, wherever found, “our God is a consuming fire.” Hebrews 12:29. In all who submit to His power the Spirit of God will consume sin. But if men cling to sin, they become identified with it. Then the glory of God, which destroys sin, must destroy them. Jacob, after his night of wrestling with the Angel, exclaimed, “I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.” Genesis 32:30. Jacob had been guilty of a great sin in his conduct toward Esau; but he had repented. His transgression had been forgiven, and his sin purged; therefore he could endure the revelation of God’s presence. But wherever men came before God while willfully cherishing evil, they were destroyed. At the second advent of Christ the wicked shall be consumed “with the Spirit of His mouth,” and destroyed “with the brightness of His coming.” 2 Thessalonians 2:8. The light of the glory of God, which imparts life to the righteous, will slay the wicked. {DA 107.4}

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159882
01/02/14 05:11 AM
01/02/14 05:11 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
How can you possibly look at this quote and not see the ballance between the statements? In all humillity, in the name of Jesus, APL you need to repent of teaching a lie about the character of God. In everything God is telling me, what you are doing is the worst thing you could do claiming to be in the service of God.

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159883
01/02/14 05:12 AM
01/02/14 05:12 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
The firey pillar was safety to the People of God, but it was terror to the wicked. You need to see this now or you will SEE IT later.

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159884
01/02/14 05:17 AM
01/02/14 05:17 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
"When the destroying angel was about to pass through the land of Egypt, and smite the first-born of both man and beast, the Israelites were directed to bring their children into the house with them, and to strike the door-post with blood, and none were to go out of the house; for all that were found among the Egyptians would be destroyed with them. Suppose an Israelite had neglected to place the sign of blood upon his door, saying that the angel of God would be able to distinguish between the Hebrews and the Egyptians; would the heavenly sentinels have stood to guard that dwelling? We should take this lesson to ourselves. Again the destroying angel is to pass through the land. There is to be a mark placed upon God’s people, and that mark is the keeping of his holy Sabbath. We are not to follow our own will and judgment, and flatter ourselves that God will come to our terms. God tests our faith by giving us some part to act in connection with his interposition in our behalf. To those who comply with the conditions, his promises will be fulfilled; but all that venture to depart from his instructions, to follow a way of their own choosing, will perish with the wicked when his judgments are visited upon the earth. {HS 217.1}

But of course you would say that the destroying angel is Satan wouldn't you?

Page 27 of 102 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 101 102

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 09/22/24 09:07 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by dedication. 09/22/24 02:44 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 09/22/24 02:05 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 09/11/24 05:20 PM
The Judgment of the Living
by kland. 09/10/24 06:13 PM
Fireballs in the Sky
by kland. 09/10/24 06:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 09/10/24 11:45 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 09/03/24 05:48 PM
Are All Born Saved and All Choose to be Lost?
by dedication. 09/01/24 04:02 PM
Deep down, are humans basically good?
by kland. 08/28/24 12:10 PM
The fragility of our cultural lifestyle
by kland. 08/28/24 11:29 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by dedication. 09/24/24 03:24 PM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by ProdigalOne. 09/23/24 12:28 PM
SDA Infiltration by Jesuits?
by kland. 09/17/24 11:30 AM
The church appears about to fall.
by dedication. 09/16/24 03:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by kland. 09/05/24 09:39 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by dedication. 09/02/24 04:58 PM
Timeline of the Last Day Events
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:28 PM
Is God letting loose the Four Winds of Strife?
by Rick H. 08/31/24 07:29 AM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:13 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 08/31/24 03:57 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 08/30/24 08:22 PM
LLU Endorses Gay Pride Month!
by kland. 08/28/24 11:36 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!