HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,217
Posts195,986
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 32
Rick H 18
Daryl 4
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, 1 invisible), 1,595 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 30 of 102 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 101 102
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: Green Cochoa] #159933
01/02/14 06:49 PM
01/02/14 06:49 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
Originally Posted By: APL

All that man needs to know or can know of God has been revealed in the life and character of His Son.

Perhaps APL's Jesus was not "alive" before His incarnation, nor after His ascension to Heaven. So sad.

Note that "character" is mentioned alongside of "life."

Green - are you rejecting what EGW has written? You quote EGW then ridicule the thought given. Why?

John 17:3-6 KJV And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. 4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. 5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. 6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

The "NAME" is the "CHARACTER" of God. What is what Jesus revealed. Why do you reject what Jesus has shown of the character of God?

By coming to dwell with us, Jesus was to reveal God both to men and to angels. He was the Word of God,--God's thought made audible. In His prayer for His disciples He says, "I have declared unto them Thy name,"--"merciful and gracious, long-suffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,"--"that the love wherewith Thou hast loved Me may be in them, and I in them." But not alone for His earthborn children was this revelation given. Our little world is the lesson book of the universe. God's wonderful purpose of grace, the mystery of redeeming love, is the theme into which "angels desire to look," and it will be their study throughout endless ages. Both the redeemed and the unfallen beings will find in the cross of Christ their science and their song. It will be seen that the glory shining in the face of Jesus is the glory of self-sacrificing love. In the light from Calvary it will be seen that the law of self-renouncing love is the law of life for earth and heaven; that the love which "seeketh not her own" has its source in the heart of God; and that in the meek and lowly One is manifested the character of Him who dwelleth in the light which no man can approach unto. {DA 19.2}

It is the darkness of misapprehension of God that is enshrouding the world. Men are losing their knowledge of His character. It has been misunderstood and misinterpreted. At this time a message from God is to be proclaimed, a message illuminating in its influence and saving in its power. His character is to be made known. Into the darkness of the world is to be shed the light of His glory, the light of His goodness, mercy, and truth. {COL 415.3}

This is the work outlined by the prophet Isaiah in the words, "O Jerusalem, that bringest good tidings, lift up thy voice with strength; lift it up, be not afraid; say unto the cities of Judah, Behold your God! Behold, the Lord God will come with strong hand, and His arm shall rule for Him; behold, His reward is with Him, and His work before Him." Isaiah 40:9,10. {COL 415.4}

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love. The children of God are to manifest His glory. In their own life and character they are to reveal what the grace of God has done for them. {COL 415.5}

The light of the Sun of Righteousness is to shine forth in good works--in words of truth and deeds of holiness. {COL 416.1}

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: Green Cochoa] #159934
01/02/14 08:12 PM
01/02/14 08:12 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
APL, I hate to say it, but GC is right - you have repeatedly refused to directly answer questions. You believe Jesus casting resurrected sinners alive in the lake of fire must be interpreted to mean - Jesus withdraws His protection and permits sin to run its natural course. You also insist every inspired passage that describes Jesus punishing sinners must be interpreted similarly. While the withdraw and permit principle of punishment is one way Jesus employs, it is not, however, the only way. You refuse to believe it. So be it.

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: Mountain Man] #159935
01/02/14 09:17 PM
01/02/14 09:17 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
APL, I hate to say it, but GC is right - you have repeatedly refused to directly answer questions. You believe Jesus casting resurrected sinners alive in the lake of fire must be interpreted to mean - Jesus withdraws His protection and permits sin to run its natural course. You also insist every inspired passage that describes Jesus punishing sinners must be interpreted similarly. While the withdraw and permit principle of punishment is one way Jesus employs, it is not, however, the only way. You refuse to believe it. So be it.

You also have questions you have not answered. For example, how is death and hell thrown into the lake of fire? I have made the observation about the fire of Nadab and Abihu did not burn their clothes. Interesting fire, would you not agree? That's OK, you don't need to answer.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: APL] #159937
01/03/14 04:26 AM
01/03/14 04:26 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
My internet was spotty, and I didn't even realize any part of that post had been submitted. I had written more, and now that I have internet again, let me repost it:

Quote:

All that man needs to know or can know of God has been revealed in the life and character of His Son.

Perhaps APL's Jesus was not "alive" before His incarnation, nor after His ascension to Heaven. So sad.

Note that "character" is mentioned alongside of "life." Jesus' character is shown us through all of Creation, in addition to the many acts of love and mercy poured out from all of Heaven in our behalf.

But, no, APL would prefer his comfortable blinders--to shut out any additional light that he might not wish to see and which appears to his vision to have not been shown us through Jesus' life incarnate on earth.

I wish to banish such blinders.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: Mountain Man] #159939
01/03/14 05:35 AM
01/03/14 05:35 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Amazes me how anyone can read the story of Korah, Dathan and their followers and believe everything that happened was just a "natural result" of God withdrawing his protection.

Just outline the many uprisings of rebellion that are met with punishment during that short space of time.

-- earth swallows three leaders
-- And there came out a fire from the LORD, and consumed the two hundred and fifty men that offered incense.
-- a plague wipes out 14,700 and only Aaron's actions stops the plague.
--

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: dedication] #159942
01/03/14 06:00 AM
01/03/14 06:00 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: dedication
Amazes me how anyone can read the story of Korah, Dathan and their followers and believe everything that happened was just a "natural result" of God withdrawing his protection.

Just outline the many uprisings of rebellion that are met with punishment during that short space of time.

-- earth swallows three leaders
-- And there came out a fire from the LORD, and consumed the two hundred and fifty men that offered incense.
-- a plague wipes out 14,700 and only Aaron's actions stops the plague.
--

As EGW says: "God works by the manifestation of His Spirit to reprove and convict the sinner; and if the Spirit's work is finally rejected, there is no more that God can do for the soul. The last resource of divine mercy has been employed. The transgressor has cut himself off from God, and sin has no remedy to cure itself. There is no reserved power by which God can work to convict and convert the sinner. "Let him alone" (Hosea 4:17) is the divine command."

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: Green Cochoa] #159943
01/03/14 06:02 AM
01/03/14 06:02 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
My internet was spotty, and I didn't even realize any part of that post had been submitted. I had written more, and now that I have internet again, let me repost it:

Quote:

Note that "character" is mentioned alongside of "life." Jesus' character is shown us through all of Creation, in addition to the many acts of love and mercy poured out from all of Heaven in our behalf.

But, no, APL would prefer his comfortable blinders--to shut out any additional light that he might not wish to see and which appears to his vision to have not been shown us through Jesus' life incarnate on earth.

I wish to banish such blinders.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Again - you are not arguing with me, this is EGW's statement. Do you reject the her testimony?????

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: APL] #159946
01/03/14 04:15 PM
01/03/14 04:15 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
M: APL, I hate to say it, but GC is right - you have repeatedly refused to directly answer questions. You believe Jesus casting resurrected sinners alive in the lake of fire must be interpreted to mean - Jesus withdraws His protection and permits sin to run its natural course. You also insist every inspired passage that describes Jesus punishing sinners must be interpreted similarly. While the withdraw and permit principle of punishment is one way Jesus employs, it is not, however, the only way. You refuse to believe it. So be it.

A: You also have questions you have not answered.

This is the first time you have admitted to not answering questions. Thank you.

For example, how is death and hell thrown into the lake of fire?

The absence of sinners means the absence of death and hell. No sinners = no death, no hell. Death and hell will perish with sinners in the lake of fire.

I have made the observation about the fire of Nadab and Abihu did not burn their clothes. Interesting fire, would you not agree? That's OK, you don't need to answer.

The three worthy Hebrews also experienced "interesting fire". It burned the ropes that bound them and the guards who tossed them in the fiery furnace but it did not burn them or even leave a trace of smoke on them. Jesus is in control of nature. He manages the outcome. He employs fire and water to punish sinners. He managed the fire that blazed out from His presence in the most holy place. He managed it in a way that resulted in punishment. So you see, there is nothing "interesting" about the fire Jesus used to kill Nadab and Abihu. He merely managed fire according to His will, His plan, His purpose. Simple as that.

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: Mountain Man] #159947
01/03/14 04:28 PM
01/03/14 04:28 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: mm
Jesus is in control of nature. He manages the outcome.
There is no free will...

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: APL] #159952
01/04/14 03:00 AM
01/04/14 03:00 AM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
What is interesting is that you reject the picture of God that Christ, in His life on this earth, came to reveal? Why? You say we learn little of the character of God from the life of Christ on this earth. That is the most remarkable thing to me.

The most remarkable thing to me is that you can read the direct words of scriptural truth and reject the message. I am fully convicted that you are not here to support the SDA church. How could anyone say what you just said if they know scripture?

How was Jesus manifested before He became a man? The Pillar of Fire which destroyed the wicked and was safety to the penitent, the burning bush and a glorious warrior. Jesus manifested Himself to sinners and to the righteous for thousands of years in the most righteously fearful way while calling men to repentance.

Then He came in the flesh to win their hearts to the mercy of the Father, but even then He was not averse to manifesting the righteous indignation of the Father...

"Slowly descending the steps, and raising the scourge of cords gathered up on entering the enclosure, He bids the bargaining company depart from the precincts of the temple. With a zeal and severity He has never before manifested, He overthrows the tables of the money-changers. The coin falls, ringing sharply upon the marble pavement. None presume to question His authority. None dare stop to gather up their ill-gotten gain. Jesus does not smite them with the whip of cords, but in His hand that simple scourge seems terrible as a flaming sword. Officers of the temple, speculating priests, brokers and cattle traders, with their sheep and oxen, rush from the place, with the one thought of escaping from the condemnation of His presence. {DA 158.2}
A panic sweeps over the multitude, who feel the overshadowing of His divinity. Cries of terror escape from hundreds of blanched lips. Even the disciples tremble. They are awestruck by the words and manner of Jesus, so unlike His usual demeanor. They remember that it is written of Him, “The zeal of Thine house hath eaten Me up.” Psalm 69:9. (like all of those who truly love Him) Soon the tumultuous throng with their merchandise are far removed from the temple of the Lord. The courts are free from unholy traffic, and a deep silence and solemnity settles upon the scene of confusion. The presence of the Lord, that of old sanctified the mount, has now made sacred the temple reared in His honor. {DA 158.3}
In the cleansing of the temple, Jesus was announcing His mission as the Messiah, and entering upon His work. That temple, erected for the abode of the divine Presence, was designed to be an object lesson for Israel and for the world. From eternal ages it was God’s purpose that every created being, from the bright and holy seraph to man, should be a temple for the indwelling of the Creator. Because of sin, humanity ceased to be a temple for God. Darkened and defiled by evil, the heart of man no longer revealed the glory of the Divine One. But by the incarnation of the Son of God, the purpose of Heaven is fulfilled. God dwells in humanity, and through saving grace the heart of man becomes again His temple. God designed that the temple at Jerusalem should be a continual witness to the high destiny open to every soul. But the Jews had not understood the significance of the building they regarded with so much pride. They did not yield themselves as holy temples for the Divine Spirit. The courts of the temple at Jerusalem, filled with the tumult of unholy traffic, represented all too truly the temple of the heart, defiled by the presence of sensual passion and unholy thoughts. In cleansing the temple from the world’s buyers and sellers, Jesus announced His mission to cleanse the heart from the defilement of sin,—from the earthly desires, the selfish lusts, the evil habits, that corrupt the soul. “The Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to His temple, even the Messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, He shall come, saith the Lord of hosts. But who may abide the day of His coming? and who shall stand when He appeareth? for He is like a refiner’s fire, and like fullers’ soap: and He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and He shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver.” Malachi 3:1-3. {DA 161.1}
Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.” 1 Corinthians 3:16, 17. No man can of himself cast out the evil throng that have taken possession of the heart. Only Christ can cleanse the soul temple. But He will not force an entrance. He comes not into the heart as to the temple of old; but He says, “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him.” Revelation 3:20. He will come, not for one day merely; for He says, “I will dwell in them, and walk in them; ... and they shall be My people.” “He will subdue our iniquities; and Thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.” 2 Corinthians 6:16; Micah 7:19. His presence will cleanse and sanctify the soul, so that it may be a holy temple unto the Lord, and “an habitation of God through the Spirit.” Ephesians 2:21, 22. {DA 161.2}
Overpowered with terror, the priests and rulers had fled from the temple court, and from the searching glance that read their hearts. In their flight they met others on their way to the temple, and bade them turn back, telling them what they had seen and heard. Christ looked upon the fleeing men with yearning pity for their fear, and their ignorance of what constituted true worship. In this scene He saw symbolized the dispersion of the whole Jewish nation for their wickedness and impenitence. {DA 162.1}
And why did the priests flee from the temple? Why did they not stand their ground? He who commanded them to go was a carpenter’s son, a poor Galilean, without earthly rank or power. Why did they not resist Him? Why did they leave the gain so ill acquired, and flee at the command of One whose outward appearance was so humble? {DA 162.2}
Christ spoke with the authority of a king, and in His appearance, and in the tones of His voice, there was that which they had no power to resist. At the word of command they realized, as they had never realized before, their true position as hypocrites and robbers. When divinity flashed through humanity, not only did they see indignation on Christ’s countenance; they realized the import of His words. They felt as if before the throne of the eternal Judge, with their sentence passed on them for time and for eternity. For a time they were convinced that Christ was a prophet; and many believed Him to be the Messiah. The Holy Spirit flashed into their minds the utterances of the prophets concerning Christ. Would they yield to this conviction? {DA 162.3}

Listen up. Jesus hates the fact that sinners must be destroyed. He cries over every lost soul. But He is nonetheless enraged over men taking posession of their own hearts in defiance of His law.

Jesus came to the temple in anger because they had taken what was orriginally designed for righteous service and turned it into an example of their fallen hearts.

The point that I must continually reitterate with you APL is that Jesus is the Lamb to the penitent, but He is the Lion to the wicked.

You prove over and over that you do not know the glory of the Lord. Every word you print for others to read is a testimony to your ignorance of God's true character.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Page 30 of 102 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 101 102

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 09/22/24 09:07 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by dedication. 09/22/24 02:44 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 09/22/24 02:05 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 09/11/24 05:20 PM
The Judgment of the Living
by kland. 09/10/24 06:13 PM
Fireballs in the Sky
by kland. 09/10/24 06:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 09/10/24 11:45 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 09/03/24 05:48 PM
Are All Born Saved and All Choose to be Lost?
by dedication. 09/01/24 04:02 PM
Deep down, are humans basically good?
by kland. 08/28/24 12:10 PM
The fragility of our cultural lifestyle
by kland. 08/28/24 11:29 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by dedication. 09/24/24 03:24 PM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by ProdigalOne. 09/23/24 12:28 PM
SDA Infiltration by Jesuits?
by kland. 09/17/24 11:30 AM
The church appears about to fall.
by dedication. 09/16/24 03:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by kland. 09/05/24 09:39 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by dedication. 09/02/24 04:58 PM
Timeline of the Last Day Events
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:28 PM
Is God letting loose the Four Winds of Strife?
by Rick H. 08/31/24 07:29 AM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:13 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 08/31/24 03:57 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 08/30/24 08:22 PM
LLU Endorses Gay Pride Month!
by kland. 08/28/24 11:36 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!