HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,217
Posts195,985
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 32
Rick H 18
Daryl 4
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, 2 invisible), 1,579 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 32 of 102 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 101 102
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159964
01/04/14 04:50 AM
01/04/14 04:50 AM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
If there is any sin in us, we should be affraid of God.

He did not give us the Spirit of fear, the guilt of sin while witnessing righteousness gave us that fear. The fear of the Lord brings us to repentance.

Sin must be acknowledged, so the BEGINNING of wisdom is the fear of the Lord. Every time we sin that fear should be present or we are lost.

Fear of eternal destruction is a motivator to be so perfectly in the will of the Father that no sin exists in our lives; the mercy of the Father to send His Son to die in our place is the bond that motivates us to remain in His Grace.

God allows us to be redeemed from destruction, plucked from the fire, and He does the redemption through His own Son who suffered His wrath for us.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159965
01/04/14 05:06 AM
01/04/14 05:06 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
God is so good to me. Thank you Father for the perfect answer to prayer continually.

Look at this quote APL and all who sympathise with his teachings.

"The whole universe will have become witnesses to the nature and results of sin. And its utter extermination, which in the beginning would have brought fear to angels and dishonor to God, will now vindicate His love and establish His honor before the universe of beings who delight to do His will, and in whose heart is His law. Never will evil again be manifest. Says the word of God: “Affliction shall not rise up the second time.” Nahum 1:9. The law of God, which Satan has reproached as the yoke of bondage, will be honored as the law of liberty. A tested and proved creation will never again be turned from allegiance to Him whose character has been fully manifested before them as fathomless love and infinite wisdom. {GC 504.1}

This quote is saying if God would have destroyed Satan in the beginning it would have brought dishonor to Him, but after the Great Controversy is ended, the destruction of sin and sinners "will now vindicate His love and establish His honor before the universe".

There are many things that you will not allow to have sway in your heart APL, and you are in danger because of teaching lies in God's church, which is His prime delight and cause on earth.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: APL] #159967
01/04/14 05:32 AM
01/04/14 05:32 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Again APL is using the principles of love, mercy and kindness which are essential to the Christian life, and somehow thinking this proves God's great love could never execute justice --

Somehow he uses God's great love and mercy in opening a way of salvation and doing all to draw people into that way of salvation, as some kind of proof that the rejectors of this love and mercy won't be punished.

"that thou (Jesus) shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth." Rev. 11:18

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159968
01/04/14 05:41 AM
01/04/14 05:41 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: jsot
Did Jesus come to save us from what God is going to do to us in the end, or to save us from sin? Answer: SIN.

Great Controversy - if Satan had been allowed the natural consequence of sin, he would have died, and it would not have been apparent to the universe that this was the natural result of sin as they were unprepared to understand the nature and consequence of sin. Read the whole chapter in GC in which you quoted. And read PP chapter 1. "Thus the history of this terrible experiment of rebellion was to be a perpetual safeguard to all holy beings, to prevent them from being deceived as to the nature of transgression, to save them from committing sin, and suffering its penalty. {PP 42.4}" Is it sin's penalty, or God that inflicts the penalty? It is SIN. Sin is the cause of death. Christ came to save us from our sin, not from what God was going to do to us if we don't love Him.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: dedication] #159969
01/04/14 05:48 AM
01/04/14 05:48 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: dedication
Again APL is using the principles of love, mercy and kindness which are essential to the Christian life, and somehow thinking this proves God's great love could never execute justice --

Somehow he uses God's great love and mercy in opening a way of salvation and doing all to draw people into that way of salvation, as some kind of proof that the rejectors of this love and mercy won't be punished.

"that thou (Jesus) shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth." Rev. 11:18

Again dedication fails to see that sin is the problem, not God, and wrongly represents what I have said all along. Sinners will die! Those that reject the salvation that Christ came to gain for men, will suffer terribly. They most certainly will receive the punishment that sin brings! The question is what is God's roll? God is not the executioner! "But He leaves the rejectors of His mercy to themselves, to reap that which they have sown."

We are not to regard God as waiting to punish the sinner for his sin. The sinner brings the punishment upon himself. His own actions start a train of circumstances that bring the sure result. Every act of transgression reacts upon the sinner, works in him a change of character, and makes it more easy for him to transgress again. By choosing to sin, men separate themselves from God, cut themselves off from the channel of blessing, and the sure result is ruin and death. {1MR 131.1}

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: APL] #159970
01/04/14 05:53 AM
01/04/14 05:53 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
So APL let me get this straight, because of the failure of the messenger we are not supposed to listen to the report?

David sinned a most horrible sin, yet he was the progenetor of the body of Jesus. David's life is a figure of Christ. Should his sin deleat the intent that God had for using David as an example of His first Son?

Jehu was first used by God then he backslid into depravity. This does not deminish the fact that in that day he was used by the Lord to accomplish His will.

The same could be said in the lives of Jones and Waggoner. Two testimonies of men used by God then departing to their own path.

Remember what David did to the messenger of the death of Saul? It is never a good thing to make light of the life of someone bearing God's message. Jehu was ANOINTED by God before falling. Be careful how you jest.

The fact that you even went there proves your divisiveness.

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159971
01/04/14 06:01 AM
01/04/14 06:01 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
james - I quoted EGW about Jehu. You take the issue up with her.

BTW - the evidence is that Waggoner did not apostatize based on the testimony of his daughter. He was disfellowshiped because of his divorce, which was not his choice, but his wife's, and she was not disfellowshiped. But I digress....

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: APL] #159972
01/04/14 06:07 AM
01/04/14 06:07 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: APL
Originally Posted By: jsot
Did Jesus come to save us from what God is going to do to us in the end, or to save us from sin? Answer: SIN.

Great Controversy - if Satan had been allowed the natural consequence of sin, he would have died, and it would not have been apparent to the universe that this was the natural result of sin as they were unprepared to understand the nature and consequence of sin. Read the whole chapter in GC in which you quoted. And read PP chapter 1. "Thus the history of this terrible experiment of rebellion was to be a perpetual safeguard to all holy beings, to prevent them from being deceived as to the nature of transgression, to save them from committing sin, and suffering its penalty. {PP 42.4}" Is it sin's penalty, or God that inflicts the penalty? It is SIN. Sin is the cause of death. Christ came to save us from our sin, not from what God was going to do to us if we don't love Him.

God is a consuming fire to sin. Do you think God should hide Himself forever?

He is veiled in and through Christ Jesus.

The veil of the temple that shields men from the glory of the Father was inches thick and through it the image of God in prenincarnate Christ could be seen, filtered so the eyes of men would not be overwhelmed.

In the return of Christ He is coming with His glory and the Glory of the angels and the Father with Him.

Unsheltered by the righteous covering men will painfully disolve in His presence.

Zechariah 14:12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

This happens twice for those who fought against ancient Jerusalem and in the last days those who fight against the teaching of Christ in the heavenly sanctuary will also see it fulfilled twice. Once before they die the first death and second in the second death. The glory of the Lord does this to uncovered souls. It is the power of righteousness to destory wickedness, and the mercy of God is seen in His shielding sinners from His wrath all this time.

You do not know the Glory of the Lord, and you should repent from even teaching in authority until you understand.

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159973
01/04/14 06:18 AM
01/04/14 06:18 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Quote:
God is a consuming fire to sin. Do you think God should hide Himself forever?
YES - God is a consuming fire. What does this fire consume? SIN! The righteous will thrive in this fire!!! Thus it is SIN that causes the death, not God!

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159974
01/04/14 06:21 AM
01/04/14 06:21 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
The lake of fire happens twice for the end time Beast and it's image. They consume at the second coming and the third coming.

Page 32 of 102 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 101 102

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 09/22/24 09:07 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by dedication. 09/22/24 02:44 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 09/22/24 02:05 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 09/11/24 05:20 PM
The Judgment of the Living
by kland. 09/10/24 06:13 PM
Fireballs in the Sky
by kland. 09/10/24 06:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 09/10/24 11:45 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 09/03/24 05:48 PM
Are All Born Saved and All Choose to be Lost?
by dedication. 09/01/24 04:02 PM
Deep down, are humans basically good?
by kland. 08/28/24 12:10 PM
The fragility of our cultural lifestyle
by kland. 08/28/24 11:29 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by ProdigalOne. 09/23/24 12:28 PM
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by kland. 09/22/24 08:15 PM
SDA Infiltration by Jesuits?
by kland. 09/17/24 11:30 AM
The church appears about to fall.
by dedication. 09/16/24 03:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by kland. 09/05/24 09:39 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by dedication. 09/02/24 04:58 PM
Timeline of the Last Day Events
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:28 PM
Is God letting loose the Four Winds of Strife?
by Rick H. 08/31/24 07:29 AM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:13 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 08/31/24 03:57 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 08/30/24 08:22 PM
LLU Endorses Gay Pride Month!
by kland. 08/28/24 11:36 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!