HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,217
Posts195,975
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 30
Rick H 26
Daryl 4
asygo 3
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, Kevin H, dedication, ProdigalOne, 2 invisible), 2,678 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 57 of 102 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 101 102
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: APL] #161471
02/09/14 06:08 AM
02/09/14 06:08 AM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: APL
"God does not stand toward the sinner as an executioner of the sentence against transgression; but He leaves the rejectors of His mercy to themselves, to reap that which they have sown. Every ray of light rejected, every warning despised or unheeded, every passion indulged, every transgression of the law of God, is a seed sown which yields its unfailing harvest. The Spirit of God, persistently resisted, is at last withdrawn from the sinner, and then there is left no power to control the evil passions of the soul, and no protection from the malice and enmity of Satan." {GC 36.1}

If you persist in sin, God will eventually let you suffer the consequence of sin. Sin pays its wage. When God withdraws, all hell breaks loose. God will not force you to follow Him. If you want to know what happens to sinnes and God's response to sinners, look to Christ and Him crucified.

Look, for one thing, only a familiar spirit would make someone act familiar towards someone he doesn't know, as if they are long lost buddies. My name is Brother James or Mr. Tierney, not Jim.

Second, let’s look at the quote above that you have built your whole doctrine on.

"He leaves the rejecters of His mercy to themselves".

This is the whole crux of your debate. Correct?

This one statement itself proves you are misapplying this quote. Is there any mercy shown in the second resurrection? No there is not. So this text MUST be speaking about when there is still mercy, correct? He leaves men to die in their sins instead of saving them from them because they have neglected His mercy. How hard is that? This has nothing to do with the punishment that GOD inflicts against those who reject His mercy, it has nothing to do with the second death.

I and dozens of others have supplied statements and bible verses in juxtaposition with this one quote you keep misapplying, to show you are wrong.

You are so blind I can't stand it, either that or you are intentionally trying to spew confusion in the church.

The quote you keep misapplying is not talking about the punishment for sin in the second death... and I would venture to say that that quote is not universal in this life either since there is so much biblical truth that you completely close your mind to, stating that God does sometimes have to get involved directly or through His ambassadors.

If you can do this for this one very important subject imagine what else you are corrupting.

APL, I have prayed about this matter, and God continually answers resoundingly that you are wrong about this. He has kept me in this debate for the purpose of making sure you don't continue to misapply this prophetic truth into the minds of others incorrectly without defending His truth. He has told me to leave it alone now.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #161477
02/09/14 02:39 PM
02/09/14 02:39 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Mr. Tierney - what is the sentence against transgression? First death? Nope.

There are many many examples in the Bible of how God treats sinners. And the best evidence is Jesus himself. Mr. Tierney - open your eyes to the truth about God. Christ demonstrated what the second death will be like. It is not pretty. Sin is what killed Jesus, perhaps you don't believe that. Sin is what kills the sinner. "Christ was holy, harmless, undefiled. He did no sin, neither was guile found in His mouth." That is our God, our Creator.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: APL] #161489
02/09/14 11:05 PM
02/09/14 11:05 PM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
You would have us believe that God merely steps back while self, sin, and Satan execute justice and mercy upon themsleves, bringing about their own destruction without any participation from God. It's the Watchmaker leaving his creation to run on its own.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: asygo] #161490
02/10/14 12:00 AM
02/10/14 12:00 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
SIN is the destructive agent. 

I was today reading and preparing a manuscript by Pastor Weiland on the 1888 message. The paper compares 3 views. [1] The popular Evangelical view, [2]The Contemporary Seventh-day Adventist View, and [3]The 1888 Message As Brought by Jones and Waggoner and Endorsed By Ellen G. White.

I will quote point #8.
The Evangelical view:
God will torture the lost in an ever burning hell. The doctrine of natural immortality requires this. The egocentric motif thus distorts their view of the character of God.

The Contemporary Seventh-day Adventist view:
God will torture and destroy the lost in hell-fire that annihilates.

The 1888 Message of Jones and Waggoner view:
"God destroys no man; every man who is destroyed will destroy himself." Sin, not God, destroys the wicked. The second death is a merciful thing to end their real misery.

Which view is most popular in the SDA church still?

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: APL] #161495
02/10/14 03:10 AM
02/10/14 03:10 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
APL,

Are you saved by faith? Then you cannot be saved by grace, right? Are you saved by grace? Then you cannot be saved by faith, right?

Your view is too narrow. Open your eyes. Both of the last two options you listed above have truth. They are NOT (as you suppose) mutually exclusive.

Just as we can be saved both by grace and by faith, so also is both sin and God to have a part in the destruction of the wicked.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: Green Cochoa] #161506
02/10/14 05:13 AM
02/10/14 05:13 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Are you saved by faith? Then you cannot be saved by grace, right? Are you saved by grace? Then you cannot be saved by faith, right?

Green - you want to know the definition of Grace? Read Isaiah 53:11 and Titus 3:5-7.

Your view is too narrow. Open your eyes. Both of the last two options you listed above have truth. They are NOT (as you suppose) mutually exclusive.

Green - as I suppose? WHERE do you get this from??? I know you think my view narrow. But guess what? I think your view widely wrong.

Just as we can be saved both by grace and by faith, so also is both sin and God to have a part in the destruction of the wicked.

Yes, God has a part! He leaves the rejectors of His mercy to themselves, to reap that which they have sown. The Spirit of God, persistently resisted, is at last withdrawn from the sinner, and then there is left no power to control the evil passions of the soul, and no protection from the malice and enmity of Satan.

Green, how would your view fulfill the last message of mercy to the world, a view that is to be illuminating on the character of God? Green - Behold your God!

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: APL] #161507
02/10/14 05:20 AM
02/10/14 05:20 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: APL
Green, how would your view fulfill the last message of mercy to the world, a view that is to be illuminating on the character of God? Green - Behold your God!

My God has asked me to help spread the message of the third angel. I think you have stopped short of this message, or choose only the more happy part of it to give. But God wants it given in its entirety, including the first part of the message (the majority of it).

Originally Posted By: The Bible
Revelation
14:9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive [his] mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
14:10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Your focus is verse 12. My view allows verses 9, 10, and 11 as well. Seventy-five percent, or more, of the message of the third angel is exactly that which you reject.

If you do not believe that you are rejecting these verses, I invite you to share with us how you are spreading this portion of the third angel's message.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: Green Cochoa] #161535
02/10/14 04:27 PM
02/10/14 04:27 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Green - you don't recognize that my question is based on EGW, in what she it saying is the last message of mercy, a message the is illuminating, a message the reveals the character of God, and how that fits the 3AM...

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: APL] #161562
02/11/14 03:24 AM
02/11/14 03:24 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
If you do not believe that you are rejecting these verses, I invite you to share with us how you are spreading this portion of the third angel's message.

Please answer this.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #161578
02/11/14 06:13 PM
02/11/14 06:13 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder

"He leaves the rejecters of His mercy to themselves".

This is the whole crux of your debate. Correct?

This one statement itself proves you are misapplying this quote. Is there any mercy shown in the second resurrection? No there is not. So this text MUST be speaking about when there is still mercy, correct?
Well I'm not sure here, but better look at the logistics of your statement.

If mercy is rejected, is there still mercy? And if there is no longer mercy, can mercy still be accepted?

Page 57 of 102 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 101 102

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by dedication. 09/18/24 05:00 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 09/11/24 05:20 PM
The Judgment of the Living
by kland. 09/10/24 06:13 PM
Fireballs in the Sky
by kland. 09/10/24 06:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 09/10/24 11:45 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 09/03/24 05:48 PM
Are All Born Saved and All Choose to be Lost?
by dedication. 09/01/24 04:02 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 09/01/24 03:48 PM
Deep down, are humans basically good?
by kland. 08/28/24 12:10 PM
The fragility of our cultural lifestyle
by kland. 08/28/24 11:29 AM
O Canada for Freedom
by Rick H. 08/24/24 01:54 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by kland. 09/19/24 11:34 AM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 09/19/24 11:04 AM
SDA Infiltration by Jesuits?
by kland. 09/17/24 11:30 AM
The church appears about to fall.
by dedication. 09/16/24 03:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by kland. 09/05/24 09:39 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by dedication. 09/02/24 04:58 PM
Timeline of the Last Day Events
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:28 PM
Is God letting loose the Four Winds of Strife?
by Rick H. 08/31/24 07:29 AM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:13 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 08/31/24 03:57 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 08/30/24 08:22 PM
LLU Endorses Gay Pride Month!
by kland. 08/28/24 11:36 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!