HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Andrew, Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield
1325 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,223
Posts196,070
Members1,325
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 19
Rick H 16
Daryl 2
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (dedication, Kevin H, Karen Y, daylily), 2,156 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 39 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 38 39
Re: What happens to our sinful flesh nature when we are born again? #16179
11/23/05 01:22 AM
11/23/05 01:22 AM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Darius, it was Sister White who made the truth regarding sinful nature easier to understand.

John, we become aware of the unholy lusts and affections, which our fallen nature produces, when they appear as sinful thoughts and feelings. The body generates innocent and legitimate needs, the carnal mind of sinful flesh intercepts and perverts them, and the brain converts them into conscious thoughts and feelings.

Re: What happens to our sinful flesh nature when we are born again? #16180
11/23/05 02:22 AM
11/23/05 02:22 AM
J
John Boskovic  Offline
Dedicated Member
Ontario
MM, is "that part of us" (the carnal mind of sinful flesh) a physical aspect of the body, or is it of the spiritual (thinking/governing) aspect?

Re: What happens to our sinful flesh nature when we are born again? #16181
11/23/05 03:05 PM
11/23/05 03:05 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
John, it is akin to instincts. It is neither a higher or lower power, neither physical nor spiritual. It is a separate, independent, intangible power or force. Like instincts, it is not reason, intellect, or conscience, or appetite or passion. The mind and voice of sinful flesh nature remains with us until Jesus restores it to its original, pre-fall state, which is not until He returns.

Why do you keep asking?

Re: What happens to our sinful flesh nature when we are born again? #16182
11/23/05 03:58 PM
11/23/05 03:58 PM
Darius  Offline
Dedicated Member
Muncie, IN
MM, did you say "easier?" Please demonstrate how.

Re: What happens to our sinful flesh nature when we are born again? #16183
11/24/05 03:51 PM
11/24/05 03:51 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Darius, please do a word search on sinful nature and you'll see what I mean. Let me know what you think. Thank you. PS - there are dozens of quotes on this thread.

Re: What happens to our sinful flesh nature when we are born again? #16184
11/26/05 03:09 AM
11/26/05 03:09 AM
J
John Boskovic  Offline
Dedicated Member
Ontario
quote:
Why do you keep asking?
Why do I keep asking? It has helped to clarify somewhat what it is you are talking about.

quote:
John, it is akin to instincts. It is neither a higher or lower power, neither physical nor spiritual. It is a separate, independent, intangible power or force. Like instincts, it is not reason, intellect, or conscience, or appetite or passion. The mind and voice of sinful flesh nature remains with us until Jesus restores it to its original, pre-fall state, which is not until He returns.
In your definition here I see three possible realities, which I have underlined.

akin to instincts:
This is something that one turns to automatically or naturally without premeditation. This aspect has to do with spirit. There is a saying “birds of a feather flock together”. What that means is that one leans towards that which one is most at home with; as a child naturally-instinctively runs to the parent when in danger. You might say: what does that have to do with temptation? It has to do with “faith” and our resting - trusting place. Remember temptations require “values” on your part before they can materialize. The Lord said it this way, for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. So seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

It is a separate, independent, intangible power or force.
This would be insinuations, misrepresentations, and suggestions, of the enemy of souls; spiritual warfare.
Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

The mind and voice of sinful flesh nature remains with us until Jesus restores it to its original, pre-fall state,
This is the phrase you have repeated often which seems to tie in with the body, because you connect it to physical body restoration. But you said it is not a physical issue. So it does not make sense that physical restoration can solve a problem which is not physical.

Or are you speaking about the avenues which Satan can use to tempt us with?

Re: What happens to our sinful flesh nature when we are born again? #16185
11/27/05 04:11 AM
11/27/05 04:11 AM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
John, we definitely see things differently. I believe the carnal mind of sinful flesh nature generates lusts and affections, and communicates them to our conscious mind as unholy ideas and suggestions, sinful thoughts and feelings. "Flesh" in this sense is not physical. Nor is it spiritual. It is simply the mind and voice of our fallen instincts.

If I understand your position correctly, you believe our internally generated temptations, our unholy thoughts and feelings, are the byproduct of the flesh ruling the spirit, and that once this relationship is reversed, at rebirth, internally generated temptations cease to happen.

If I'm reading you right, and I think I am, then, according to your view, our nature is restored to its pre-fall Adamic state. Which means the lusts and affections that are generated by our flesh nature are no longer at war with the Holy Spirit, that they are in perfect harmony with the will of God. Every impulse, every thought, every feeling would be naturally pure and holy and sinless. Do you agree with my observations and conclusions?

Do you believe that the following insights cease to happen when we are born again? That is, that our flesh stops warring against our soul and against the Holy Spirit?

Galatians
5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

1 Peter
2:11 Dearly beloved, I beseech [you] as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;

In the following quote, what do you think is the origin of "our own impulses"?

DA 668
All true obedience comes from the heart. It was heart work with Christ. And if we consent, He will so identify Himself with our thoughts and aims, so blend our hearts and minds into conformity to His will, that when obeying Him we shall be but carrying out our own impulses. The will, refined and sanctified, will find its highest delight in doing His service. When we know God as it is our privilege to know Him, our life will be a life of continual obedience. Through an appreciation of the character of Christ, through communion with God, sin will become hateful to us. {DA 668.3}

Re: What happens to our sinful flesh nature when we are born again? #16186
11/29/05 12:33 PM
11/29/05 12:33 PM
Darius  Offline
Dedicated Member
Muncie, IN
MM, what is tha advantage of doing a word seach on "sinful nature?" It will only bring up all the flawed understanding that has permeated our teachings. The term has been blessed and sanctified by consistent use but it makes no sense. Nature is eternal; it cannot be changed. If I were to change your nature you would become a different species.

Re: What happens to our sinful flesh nature when we are born again? #16187
11/29/05 03:46 PM
11/29/05 03:46 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
A "different species"? I like it. Paul put it this way - a "new creature", a "new man". I realize you mean it in an entirely different way, but spiritually speaking my way fits, don't you think? Yes, we still inhabit the same old body, subject to decay and death and disease, always tempting us from within to sin, but spititually we are totally different people. When we are born again we become a Christian, as it were - a new species!

Re: What happens to our sinful flesh nature when we are born again? #16188
11/30/05 04:15 AM
11/30/05 04:15 AM
Darius  Offline
Dedicated Member
Muncie, IN
Humans were created as physical beings. They were never spirit beings. I don't have a spirit. It does not matter how much fancy language you use, it won't change the fact of our existence.

Page 29 of 39 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 38 39

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John
by dedication. 10/21/24 01:01 AM
Understanding the Battle of Armageddon
by dedication. 10/19/24 03:08 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 10/15/24 12:56 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 10/14/24 12:13 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 10/10/24 12:36 PM
The October 7th Massacre and Zechariah 9 Prophecy
by dedication. 10/08/24 05:41 PM
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 10/01/24 11:56 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by Rick H. 09/28/24 10:02 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by dedication. 10/21/24 08:37 PM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 10/15/24 05:21 PM
What Should Be Our Response to the "Sunday Laws"?
by dedication. 10/13/24 01:08 AM
Understanding the 1290 & 1335 of Daniel 12?
by dedication. 10/11/24 02:16 PM
Are The Prophecies Important?
by dedication. 10/08/24 04:18 PM
The Beast and the Image Beast
by Rick H. 10/05/24 04:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 10/03/24 11:50 PM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by kland. 10/03/24 12:06 PM
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!