HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Andrew, Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield
1325 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,223
Posts196,067
Members1,325
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 21
Rick H 16
Daryl 2
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Dina, 1 invisible), 1,994 guests, and 14 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16
Re: God's love not unconditional [Re: kland] #162092
02/20/14 12:28 PM
02/20/14 12:28 PM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: kland
Originally Posted By: Alchemy
I guess the clarification I would make is this; God's love is conditional upon our choice. God's desire has always been for all His creatures to be saved. Unfortunately, we disagree with God and end up choosing to be lost.

That is not God's fault!
I think previous posters had said it was unconditional. Us choosing to be lost, does not change the condition of His love. But maybe you are questioning the definition of love. And does it mean the same as "care"?

I could say God's love is unconditional to a point. But, once I say "to a point", it becomes conditional.

So, to try and clarify my earlier response, once the wicked are completely destroyed, I don't believe God still retains love for those whom He had to destroy. I don't believe that God will go through the ceaseless ages yearning for those people He destroyed. Consequently, I do believe God's love has a limit.

I hope I was clearer?

Re: God's love not unconditional [Re: danielw] #162095
02/20/14 01:12 PM
02/20/14 01:12 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
I could say God's love is unconditional to a point. But, once I say "to a point", it becomes conditional.

So, to try and clarify my earlier response, once the wicked are completely destroyed, I don't believe God still retains love for those whom He had to destroy. I don't believe that God will go through the ceaseless ages yearning for those people He destroyed. Consequently, I do believe God's love has a limit.

I hope I was clearer?

I look at this differently. I would explain the apparent discrepancy by saying there are two kinds of "love" which God has and are recorded in His Word.

The first kind is that ingrained in His very character. God IS love. In this sense, God always loves every creature, regardless. For example, "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son" applies to everyone.

The second kind is that which corresponds to His acceptance. It is more similar, perhaps, to the word "like." In this sense, God only "loves" those who have His spirit in their hearts and who desire to serve Him. For example, "For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth" applies to this group, and not to everyone.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: God's love not unconditional [Re: Alchemy] #162172
02/22/14 05:57 AM
02/22/14 05:57 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA

I know two couples who have lost toddlers. They do not spend their days crying over their loss. However, I don't think they love them any less.

Consider David's reaction to Absalom's death. If David could love his son who had attempted to kill him, can't we envision that God can love His wayward children at least as much?

The destruction of the impenitent is no less an act of love than the salvation of the repentant.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: God's love not unconditional [Re: danielw] #162177
02/22/14 10:25 AM
02/22/14 10:25 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Well said, Arnold, especially that last line. It bears repeating...

"The destruction of the impenitent is no less an act of love than the salvation of the repentant."

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: God's love not unconditional [Re: danielw] #162179
02/22/14 12:42 PM
02/22/14 12:42 PM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
"The destruction of the impenitent is no less an act of love than the salvation of the repentant."

Exactly, but those who are the devils advocate believe that wicked men are justified to live forever without God. They see men as having some kind of licence to live without God. Some kind of celestial rights that do not include God and being Holy.

Without true conversion it would be better for the universe for fallen men to die and the earth to vanish. Thank God for His promise to recreate us in His image to restore harmony in the Universe.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: God's love not unconditional [Re: danielw] #162186
02/22/14 05:36 PM
02/22/14 05:36 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
"God is love." Can't imagine love not loving someone.

Re: God's love not unconditional [Re: Mountain Man] #162208
02/23/14 03:24 AM
02/23/14 03:24 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
"God is love." They cannot not love. Their love is unconditional. However, salvation is very much conditional.

Excellent post, MM.

It's because of God's love for us that Jesus risked everything for our salvation. Unfortunately, we often choose to reject salvation anyway.

Re: God's love not unconditional [Re: Green Cochoa] #162209
02/23/14 03:29 AM
02/23/14 03:29 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
I think I understand what you are saying Green.

My point had more to do with time. God loves everyone now, no matter what! In the time of the New Heaven and New Earth, the lost will be forgotten. I believe God even forgets them.

I know God will always "know" everything past, present and future. I mean He will no longer have love for those who were destroyed.

It does work for me with all I know from Scripture.

Re: God's love not unconditional [Re: danielw] #162213
02/23/14 04:25 AM
02/23/14 04:25 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Why does the Bible speak of certain ones as being "greatly beloved" or "the one whom Jesus loved?"

I'm not convinced that God loves all equally. This has to do with sin...God cannot love sin. The less sin we have in our character, the more ability God has to love us, in a sense.

An interesting statement I just read this morning from Mrs. White's writings indicates that not all lives are equal in value.

Originally Posted By: Ellen White
Invalids, I advise you to venture something. Arouse your will power, and at least make a trial of this matter. Withdraw your thoughts and affections from yourselves. Walk out by faith. Are you inclined to center your thoughts upon yourselves, fearing to exercise, and fearing that if you expose yourself to the air you will lose your life; resist these thoughts and feelings. Do not yield to your diseased imagination. If you fail in the trial, you can but die. And what if you do die? One life might better be lost than many sacrificed. The whims and notions which you cherish are not only destroying your own life, but injuring those whose lives are more valuable than yours. But the course we recommend will not deprive you of life or injure you. You will derive benefit from it. You need not be rash or reckless; commence moderately at first to have more air and exercise, and continue your reform until you become useful, a blessing to your families and to all around you. Let your judgment be convinced that exercise, sunlight, and air are the blessings which Heaven has provided to make the sick well and to keep in health those who are not sick. God does not deprive you of these free, Heaven-bestowed blessings, but you have punished yourselves by closing your doors against them. Properly used, these simple yet powerful agents will assist nature to overcome real difficulties, if such exist, and will give healthy tone to the mind and vigor to the body. {2T 534.2}

That's a rather interesting statement. Of course, if "love" is related to "value," this would help to answer the topic question. I'm not saying this is necessarily so, but I do see a good case could be made for it.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: God's love not unconditional [Re: danielw] #162242
02/23/14 05:37 PM
02/23/14 05:37 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
No Respect of Persons with God

The religion of Christ uplifts the receiver to a higher plane of thought and action, while at the same time it presents the whole human race as alike the objects of the love of God, being purchased by the sacrifice of His Son. At the feet of Jesus, the rich and the poor, the learned and the ignorant, meet together, with no thought of caste or worldly pre-eminence. All earthly distinctions are forgotten as we look upon Him whom our sins have pierced. The self-denial, the condescension, the infinite compassion of Him who was highly exalted in heaven, puts to shame human pride, self-esteem, and social caste. Pure, undefiled religion manifests its heaven-born principles in bringing into oneness all who are sanctified through the truth. All meet as blood-bought souls, alike dependent upon Him who has redeemed them to God.
{GW 330.1}

John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Satan declared that there is no forgiveness with God; that if God should forgive sin, he would make his law of no effect. He says to the sinner, You are lost. {RH, January 19, 1911 par. 16}

Christ came to this world to prove the falsity of this statement, to show that God is love, that like as a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear him. Follow the Saviour from the manger to the cross, mark his life of unselfish ministry, his agony in the garden, and his death on the cross; and know that with God there is plenteous forgiveness. He abhors sin, but
with a love that passes knowledge he loves the sinner. {RH, January 19, 1911 par. 17}

God will forever remember those whom He has lost.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John
by dedication. 10/18/24 11:18 AM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 10/15/24 12:56 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 10/14/24 12:13 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 10/10/24 12:36 PM
The October 7th Massacre and Zechariah 9 Prophecy
by dedication. 10/08/24 05:41 PM
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 10/01/24 11:56 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by Rick H. 09/28/24 10:02 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 09/22/24 02:05 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 10/15/24 05:21 PM
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by kland. 10/15/24 05:12 PM
What Should Be Our Response to the "Sunday Laws"?
by dedication. 10/13/24 01:08 AM
Understanding the 1290 & 1335 of Daniel 12?
by dedication. 10/11/24 02:16 PM
Are The Prophecies Important?
by dedication. 10/08/24 04:18 PM
The Beast and the Image Beast
by Rick H. 10/05/24 04:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 10/03/24 11:50 PM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by kland. 10/03/24 12:06 PM
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!