HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,218
Posts195,997
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 28
Rick H 20
Daryl 4
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (TheophilusOne, dedication, Karen Y, 2 invisible), 1,639 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
Re: Foretelling the rejection of the Investigative Judgement? [Re: Rick H] #164127
04/08/14 04:26 PM
04/08/14 04:26 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
Time (and not review) reveals who is of God and who is not.

No, it's not just a question of time. His debt had been forgiven (Mt 18:27), but, after the discovery of new facts (v. 31), it's reinstated (v. 34).

Re: Foretelling the rejection of the Investigative Judgement? [Re: Rick H] #164131
04/08/14 04:41 PM
04/08/14 04:41 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
James, I should explain why I bowed out of this study. I am not evading answering your question. My goal for being on this thread was to learn what you believe. Now that I know you believe the "the temple which is in heaven" symbolizes church members I now know what you believe.

Re: Foretelling the rejection of the Investigative Judgement? [Re: James Peterson] #164132
04/08/14 04:47 PM
04/08/14 04:47 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
"The doctrine (of an investigative judgement) came out of an erroneous interpretation of Dan. 8:14. But the High Priest only sprinkled the blood for the "cleansing of the sanctuary". If you find otherwise, then show where he investigated the historical records of the dead."

A human high priest couldn't read the thoughts or the life of others. A symbolical service couldn't portray this kind of detail. But, as Dedication said, on the Day of Atonement those who did not sincerely repent from their sins were cut off from the people. This implies a separation, or judgment, in heaven.

In fact, the Jews have traditionally considered the Day of Atonement as the Day of Judgment. "Even the angels, we are told in the Ritual, are seized with fear and trembling; they hurry to and fro and say: ‘Behold the Day of Judgment has come.’ The Day of Atonement is the Day of Judgment" (Paul Isaac Hershon, Treasures of the Talmud [1882], p. 97).

Re: Foretelling the rejection of the Investigative Judgement? [Re: Rosangela] #164150
04/09/14 03:26 AM
04/09/14 03:26 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Rosangela
Quote:

No, it's not just a question of time. His debt had been forgiven (Mt 18:27), but, after the discovery of new facts (v. 31), it's reinstated (v. 34).

That's not what the parable was about. Jesus was illustrating how God's forgiveness should lead to regeneration; and if it does not, then you will die. His conclusion was, "So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses" OR, in other words, "if you do not repent and reflect my character, you have no part in me; and in the end, you will surely perish."

It's interesting that it was PETER who was asking, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?" He became the one who needed the most forgiveness after he denied Jesus three times. "So when they had eaten breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, 'Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me more than these? ... Feed My lambs.'" (John 21:15)

As it is written, "If anyone be in Christ, he is a NEW creation." And if he has the Holy Spirit, then he is sealed for salvation; and if not, he will certainly perish. There is NO INVESTIGATION. The question at the end is this: do you have the Holy Spirit, yes or no? Have you not read where it is written, "the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: 'The Lord knows those who are His,' and, 'Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity'"? (2 Tim. 2:19)

///

Re: Foretelling the rejection of the Investigative Judgement? [Re: Mountain Man] #164151
04/09/14 03:34 AM
04/09/14 03:34 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
James, I should explain why I bowed out of this study. I am not evading answering your question. My goal for being on this thread was to learn what you believe. Now that I know you believe the "the temple which is in heaven" symbolizes church members I now know what you believe.

ok

For the record: "For every house is built by someone, but He who built all things is God. And Moses indeed was faithful in all His house -- as a servant -- (for a testimony of those things which would be spoken afterward), but Christ -- as a Son -- over His own house, whose house we are if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm to the end.." (Heb. 3:4-6)

///

Last edited by James Peterson; 04/09/14 04:04 AM. Reason: To add biblical evidence for the church being the 'temple in heaven'
Re: Foretelling the rejection of the Investigative Judgement? [Re: Rosangela] #164152
04/09/14 03:56 AM
04/09/14 03:56 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Quote:
"The doctrine (of an investigative judgement) came out of an erroneous interpretation of Dan. 8:14. But the High Priest only sprinkled the blood for the "cleansing of the sanctuary". If you find otherwise, then show where he investigated the historical records of the dead."

1. A human high priest couldn't read the thoughts or the life of others. A symbolical service couldn't portray this kind of detail. But, as Dedication said, on the Day of Atonement those who did not sincerely repent from their sins were cut off from the people. This implies a separation, or judgment, in heaven.

2. In fact, the Jews have traditionally considered the Day of Atonement as the Day of Judgment. "Even the angels, we are told in the Ritual, are seized with fear and trembling; they hurry to and fro and say: ‘Behold the Day of Judgment has come.’ The Day of Atonement is the Day of Judgment" (Paul Isaac Hershon, Treasures of the Talmud [1882], p. 97).

1. Are you imagining things now? If God gave the symbol of sprinkling of blood for cleansing (AND THAT ALONE), who are you to add other imaginary procedures and meanings of those imaginary procedures to the ceremony? The High Priest NEVER investigated anything because God NEVER provided anything for investigation. The High Priest was to sprinkle the blood of the sacrifice and it was sufficient to "cleanse the sanctuary". Period. It was left up to each individual to believe, to repent and to vow a new beginning; which demonstrates rather markedly that the sanctuary was ALWAYS the congregation and not the building.

2. Of course the Day of Atonement was the day of judgement. Jesus himself said, "Now is the judgment of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out. And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself." (John 12:31) He is the one through whom and by whose death, an otherwise sinful world in complete rebellion was made at one with God. Paul Hershon doesn't know what he talking about.

///

Re: Foretelling the rejection of the Investigative Judgement? [Re: James Peterson] #164156
04/09/14 07:05 AM
04/09/14 07:05 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: James Peterson
Quote:

That's not what the parable was about. Jesus was illustrating how God's forgiveness should lead to regeneration; and if it does not, then you will die. ...As it is written, "If anyone be in Christ, he is a NEW creation." And if he has the Holy Spirit, then he is sealed for salvation; and if not, he will certainly perish. There is NO INVESTIGATION. The question at the end is this: do you have the Holy Spirit, yes or no? Have you not read where it is written, "the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: 'The Lord knows those who are His,' and, 'Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity'"? (2 Tim. 2:19)

///

But it is what the parable is about --
For
yes, justification (having your sins forgiven) should lead to regeneration, if it doesn't a person has turned away from the divine connection and will die. (no longer justified).

In the parable Matt. 18:27,34,35 –”The servant’s master took pity on him, canceled the debt and let him go free. Later, because the servants justification did not lead to regeneration the master turned him over to the jailers until he should pay back all he owed. Why did this man lose his justification? The reason was not based on his belief in the king, or the forgiveness he sought and received, it was based on his later actions!

As long as a person remains in connection with Christ, and by the Holy Spirit is putting to death the deeds of the flesh, (Romans 8:13) yes He is in a saving relationship.
But the person's choice is never removed.

Paul himself who praises God for his salvation says in:
1 Cor. 9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

1 Tim. 1:19 –”Holding on to faith and a good conscience, which some have rejected and so have suffered shipwreck with regard to the faith.”
One can’t shipwreck a ship that never was, nor can they hold on to something they never had in the first place.

True -- the Lord knows who are His.
But what about everyone else?

Daniel 7:9
As I looked,
thrones were set in place,
and the Ancient of Days took his seat.
His clothing was as white as snow;
the hair of his head was white like wool.
His throne was flaming with fire,
and its wheels were all ablaze.
A river of fire was flowing,
coming out from before him.
Thousands upon thousands attended him;
ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him.
The court was seated,
and the books were opened..
13 “In my vision at night I looked,
and there before me was one like a son of man,
coming with the clouds of heaven.
He approached the Ancient of Days
and was led into his presence.
14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power;

[the Son of Man (Jesus) speaking]
Rev. 3:4 There are names...
which have not defiled their garments;
and they shall walk with me in white:
for they are worthy.
3:5 He that overcomes,
the same shall be clothed in white raiment;
and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life,
but I will confess his name before my Father,
and before his angels.

Dan. 26 “For the court will sit,

Re: Foretelling the rejection of the Investigative Judgement? [Re: James Peterson] #164157
04/09/14 07:21 AM
04/09/14 07:21 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: James Peterson
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Now I know you believe the "the temple which is in heaven" symbolizes church members I now know what you believe.

For the record: "For every house is built by someone, but He who built all things is God. And Moses indeed was faithful in all His house -- as a servant -- (for a testimony of those things which would be spoken afterward), but Christ -- as a Son -- over His own house, whose house we are if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm to the end.." (Heb. 3:4-6)
///

And for the record:
"house" is not the same word as "sanctuary" or even "temple".
"oikos" is a residence -- as in "a house".

In the book of Hebrews we see "oikos" used as in -- the house of Israel (Hebrews 8:8 and 8:10)
Or Hebrews 10:21 And having an high priest over the house of God;
Noah saved his "house" in the ark, in Hebrews 11:21

Moses was faithful in the position that he was given over the house of Israel.
Christ is far greater than Moses, and He is faithful over the house of spiritual Israel.

But that word is not the same as "hagios" or TA HAGIA which the author of Hebrews uses ten times when speaking of the heavenly sanctuary where Christ is ministering as our High Priest.

Re: Foretelling the rejection of the Investigative Judgement? [Re: dedication] #164159
04/09/14 12:50 PM
04/09/14 12:50 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: dedication
But it is what the parable is about --
For
yes, justification (having your sins forgiven) should lead to regeneration, if it doesn't a person has turned away from the divine connection and will die. (no longer justified).

In the parable Matt. 18:27,34,35 –”The servant’s master took pity on him, canceled the debt and let him go free. Later, because the servants justification did not lead to regeneration the master turned him over to the jailers until he should pay back all he owed. Why did this man lose his justification? The reason was not based on his belief in the king, or the forgiveness he sought and received, it was based on his later actions! As long as a person remains in connection with Christ, and by the Holy Spirit is putting to death the deeds of the flesh, (Romans 8:13) yes He is in a saving relationship. But the person's choice is never removed.

Paul himself who praises God for his salvation says in: 1 Cor. 9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway. 1 Tim. 1:19 –”Holding on to faith and a good conscience, which some have rejected and so have suffered shipwreck with regard to the faith.” One can’t shipwreck a ship that never was, nor can they hold on to something they never had in the first place.

As I said, Jesus' own "conclusion was: 'So My heavenly Father also will do to you (cast you into hell) if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses' OR, in other words, 'if you do not repent and reflect my character, you have no part in me; and in the end, you will surely perish.'" From the very beginning, the forgived in the parable was not really cleansed. As it is written:

"For on that day the (High Priest) shall make atonement for you, to cleanse you, that you may be clean from all your sins before the Lord," YET ... "for any person who is not afflicted in soul on that same day shall be cut off from his people," AS IN ... "'Why have we fasted,' they say, 'and You have not seen? Why have we afflicted our souls, and You take no notice?' In fact, in the day of your fast you find pleasure and exploit all your laborers." (Lev. 16:30, Lev. 23:29, Is. 58:3)

The meaning of the parable was given by Jesus himself. There is no need to add to it. He was merely saying that forgiveness by God should result in a change of character towards the Divine similitude; but if not, there's a price to pay. On the other hand, what you are trying to do is add unnecessary significance to each and every detail without consulting the reason for the parable or the conclusion at which Jesus himself arrived. Consider what Peter was asking and, if you can, the answer for which he might have been hoping. Then read the parable from that perspective; and refrain from imposing "the doctrine" on it.

///

Re: Foretelling the rejection of the Investigative Judgement? [Re: dedication] #164160
04/09/14 01:44 PM
04/09/14 01:44 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: dedication
But what about everyone else?

Daniel 7:9
As I looked,
thrones were set in place,
and the Ancient of Days took his seat.
His clothing was as white as snow;
the hair of his head was white like wool.
His throne was flaming with fire,
and its wheels were all ablaze.
A river of fire was flowing,
coming out from before him.
Thousands upon thousands attended him;
ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him.
The court was seated,
and the books were opened..

13 “In my vision at night I looked,
and there before me was one like a son of man,
coming with the clouds of heaven.
He approached the Ancient of Days
and was led into his presence.
14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power;

[the Son of Man (Jesus) speaking]
Rev. 3:4 There are names...
which have not defiled their garments;
and they shall walk with me in white:
for they are worthy.
3:5 He that overcomes,
the same shall be clothed in white raiment;
and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life,
but I will confess his name before my Father,
and before his angels.

Dan. 26 “For the court will sit ...

Putting texts together is good, but you must be careful of what you are juxtaposing. May I remind you of what Jesus says happens in heaven when any person repents unto salvation (i.e. is truly baptized of water and the Spirit -- John 3:5), "there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance" (Luke 15:7), and "there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents" (v.10).

Having said that, the passages you quoted from Daniel do NOT speak of an investigative judgement starting in 1844. Rather, it was fulfilled when Jesus ascended into heaven as described in Rev. 5. The beast spoken of in Dan. 7:11 was Rome, and it's judgement was it's fall and the beginning of the rise of Christianity.

Thirdly, do you know what "and the books were opened ..." means?

///

Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 09/27/24 09:24 PM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by dedication. 09/25/24 04:33 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 09/22/24 09:07 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 09/22/24 02:05 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 09/11/24 05:20 PM
The Judgment of the Living
by kland. 09/10/24 06:13 PM
Fireballs in the Sky
by kland. 09/10/24 06:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 09/10/24 11:45 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 09/03/24 05:48 PM
Are All Born Saved and All Choose to be Lost?
by dedication. 09/01/24 04:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by dedication. 09/26/24 05:49 PM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by ProdigalOne. 09/23/24 12:28 PM
SDA Infiltration by Jesuits?
by kland. 09/17/24 11:30 AM
The church appears about to fall.
by dedication. 09/16/24 03:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by kland. 09/05/24 09:39 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by dedication. 09/02/24 04:58 PM
Timeline of the Last Day Events
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:28 PM
Is God letting loose the Four Winds of Strife?
by Rick H. 08/31/24 07:29 AM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:13 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 08/31/24 03:57 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 08/30/24 08:22 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!