HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,217
Posts195,973
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 28
Rick H 26
Daryl 4
asygo 3
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
7 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, 3 invisible), 2,524 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 33 of 73 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 72 73
Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #165385
05/24/14 09:00 PM
05/24/14 09:00 PM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Divine-Human Saviour—The apostle would call our attention from ourselves to the Author of our salvation. He presents before us His two natures, divine and human. Here is the description of the divine: “Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God.” He was “the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person.”{5BC 1126.7}
Now, of the human: He “was made in the likeness of men: and being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death.” He voluntarily assumed human nature. It was His own act, and by His own consent. He clothed His divinity with humanity. He was all the while as God, but He did not appear as God. He veiled the demonstrations of Deity, which had commanded the homage, and called forth the admiration, of the universe of God. He was God while upon earth, but He divested Himself of the form of God, and in its stead took the form and fashion of a man. He walked the earth as a man. For our sakes He became poor, that we through His poverty might be made rich. He laid aside His glory and His majesty. He was God, but the glories of the form of God He for a while relinquished. Though He walked among men in poverty, scattering His blessings wherever He went, at His word legions of angels would surround their Redeemer, and do Him homage. But He walked the earth unrecognized, unconfessed, with but few exceptions, by His creatures. The atmosphere was polluted with sin and curses, in place of the anthem of praise. His lot was poverty and humiliation. As He passed to and fro upon His mission of mercy to relieve the sick, to lift up the depressed, scarce a solitary voice called Him blessed, and the very greatest of the nation passed Him by with disdain. {5BC 1126.8}

HE CLOTHED HIS DIVINITY WITH HUMANITY. There was no SIN in His flesh. He had the nature of man and was in a human body which CLOTHED His divinity. He did not have sin in His flesh. He had flesh that was the result of sin.That is the NATURE of man. It does not imply anything to do with the Character of man.

The fallen nature of men is what causes babies to be born with defects. Genetics is the "nature". Character was His white robe of righteousness. How could the Bridegroom not have the wedding garment on?

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #165386
05/24/14 09:04 PM
05/24/14 09:04 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Romans 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

Is this talking about character? The nature of the human body is the material flesh. This is speaking somewhat graphically about the use of the orifices of the human body. The physical not the spiritual.

So Jesus coming in likeness of sinful flesh means He came looking like every other sinner who ever lived, but He clothed His divinity with this nature!

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #165387
05/24/14 09:08 PM
05/24/14 09:08 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Hebrews 2:16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

He did not come in angelic flesh He came in human flesh. This is what the term NATURE means. It has nothing to do with the Character.

When it says He took on our NATURE it means He had human DNA!

But He also had TWO natures, one human the other divine, and this is the point you keep skipping right over like you don't even see it Mt Man and APL.

Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #165388
05/24/14 09:26 PM
05/24/14 09:26 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
NATURE; Greek 'physis' φύσις

1; the nature of things, the force, laws, order of nature
(as opposed to what is monstrous, abnormal, perverse)
2; as opposed to what has been produced by the art of man: the natural branches, i.e. branches by the operation of nature.
3; birth, physical origin
4; a mode of feeling and acting which by long habit has become nature.

Jesus was born with Human DNA. But He had a divine nature also, mysteriously blended into one man. He was born with the divine character of God, the "White robe of Character" which He had since birth!

"Let the youth and the little children be taught to choose for themselves that royal robe woven in heaven’s loom—the “fine linen, clean and white” (Revelation 19:8), which all the holy ones of earth will wear. This robe, Christ’s own spotless character, is freely offered to every human being. But all who receive it will receive and wear it here."{CG 190.1}

Jesus denied self on a completely higher order than we do. He gave up heaven to deny self and come this snake pit to save us. We deny sinful desires to deny self, He never had those desires. We are born without the white robe, He had it from birth and that was His only advantage.

Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Rosangela] #165389
05/24/14 09:37 PM
05/24/14 09:37 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: Rosangela
MM,

The expression "without the taint of sin" refers to the humanity Christ took, not to the humanity He developed.

EXACTLY! He was born without the deformities of character that we are born with.

"Each one will have a close struggle to overcome sin in his own heart. This is at times a very painful and discouraging work; because, as we see the deformities in our character, we keep looking at them, when we should look to Jesus and put on the robe of His righteousness. Everyone who enters the pearly gates of the city of God will enter there as a conqueror, and his greatest conquest will have been the conquest of self. {9T 182.3}
“For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might by His Spirit in the inner man; that Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; {9T 183.2}

Christ clothes His divinity with Humanity so we could clothe our humanity with divinity.

Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #165390
05/24/14 09:48 PM
05/24/14 09:48 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Ephesians 3 14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ...

16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;

17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fullness of God.

The inner man is not the nature of man. The Nature is the DNA, the physical body. The inner man as Strong's concordance puts it is the "soul, conscience, character".

Jesus came with the fallen human natural body, but He had the divine "inner man", "soul, character, conscience". He could have sinned because He became flesh. But He didn't because He had His Fathers character, the white robe of character from birth. If He would have yielded to Satan's assaults in any way He would have lost that character.

WE NEED TO SEE THIS PEOPLE! Embrace His character and stop trying to lower Christ.

Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #165391
05/24/14 10:14 PM
05/24/14 10:14 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Again Rosangela, you should consider the whole Baker letter which you references and which is not published on the EGW-CDROM.

The humanity He took was that of Abraham. He took fallen human nature, not Adam's unfallen human nature. "By taking upon Himself man's nature in its fallen condition, Christ did not in the least participate in its sin." Fallen condition is not that of Adam's before his fall.

It would have been an almost infinite humiliation for the Son of God to take man's nature, even when Adam stood in his innocence in Eden. But Jesus accepted humanity when the race had been weakened by four thousand years of sin. Like every child of Adam He accepted the results of the working of the great law of heredity. What these results were is shown in the history of His earthly ancestors. He came with such a heredity to share our sorrows and temptations, and to give us the example of a sinless life. {DA 48.5}

Satan had pointed to Adam's sin as proof that God's law was unjust, and could not be obeyed. In our humanity, Christ was to redeem Adam's failure. But when Adam was assailed by the tempter, none of the effects of sin were upon him. He stood in the strength of perfect manhood, possessing the full vigor of mind and body. He was surrounded with the glories of Eden, and was in daily communion with heavenly beings. It was not thus with Jesus when He entered the wilderness to cope with Satan. For four thousand years the race had been decreasing in physical strength, in mental power, and in moral worth; and Christ took upon Him the infirmities of degenerate humanity. Only thus could He rescue man from the lowest depths of his degradation.
{DA 117.1}

In the desolate wilderness, Christ was not in so favorable a position to endure the temptations of Satan as was Adam when he was tempted in Eden. The Son of God humbled himself, and took man's nature, after the race had wandered four thousand years from Eden, and from their original state of purity and uprightness. Sin had been making its terrible marks upon the race for ages; and physical, mental, and moral degeneracy prevailed throughout the human family.
{2Red 30.1}

In what contrast is the second Adam as He entered the gloomy wilderness to cope with Satan singlehanded! Since the Fall the race had been decreasing in size and physical strength, and sinking lower in the scale of moral worth, up to the period of Christ's advent to the earth. And in order to elevate fallen man, Christ must reach him where he was. He took human nature, and bore the infirmities and degeneracy of the race. He, who knew no sin, became sin for us. He humiliated Himself to the lowest depths of human woe, that He might be qualified to reach man, and bring him up from the degradation in which sin had plunged him.
{1SM 268.2}

By experiencing in himself the strength of Satan's temptation, and of human sufferings and infirmities, he would know how to succor those who should put forth efforts to help themselves.
{RH, March 18, 1875 par. 9}

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #165393
05/24/14 10:48 PM
05/24/14 10:48 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: Rosangela
The expression "without the taint of sin" refers to the humanity Christ took, not to the humanity He developed.

Here is how the expression "taint of sin" is used elsewhere:

Quote:
Though He had no taint of sin upon His character, yet He condescended to connect our fallen human nature with His divinity. {CTr 232.2}

His character was absolutely perfect, free from the slightest taint of sin. {SpTB01 24.1}

The human nature of Christ was like unto ours. And suffering was really more keenly felt by Him, for His spiritual nature was free from every taint of sin. {CTr 268.6}

He was subject to temptation, but He yielded not to sin. No taint of sin was upon Him. He declared, "I have kept my Father's commandments [in My earthly life]" (John 15:10). {3SM 141.5}

One unsanctified act on the part of our Saviour, would have marred the pattern, and He could not have been a perfect example for us; but although He was tempted in all points like as we are, He was yet without one taint of sin. {SD 148.4}

Not one impure word escaped His lips. Never did He do a wrong action, for He was the Son of God. Although He possessed a human form, yet He was without a taint of sin. {WM 286.3}

Brethren and sisters, we need the reformation that all who are redeemed must have, through the cleansing of mind and heart from every taint of sin. {CH 633.3}

Yes, learn of Him how to live the Christ life--a life pure and holy, free from any taint of sin. {HP 183.3}

To understand the expression "taint of sin" we must necessarily understand "the only definition of sin". Listen:

Quote:
The only definition we find in the Bible for sin is that "sin is the transgression of the law." {1SM 320.1}

Now, we want to understand what sin is--that it is the transgression of God's law. This is the only definition given in the Scriptures. {FW 56.1}

What is to bring the sinner to the knowledge of his sins unless he knows what sin is? The only definition of sin in the Word of God is given us in 1 John 3:4. "Sin is the transgression of the law." The sinner must be made to feel that he is a transgressor. {OHC 141.3}

We must have the faith that works by love and purifies the soul from every stain of sin. What is sin? The only definition that is given to you in the word of God, is, "Sin is the transgression of the law." {RH, June 10, 1890 par. 11}

"Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law." This is the only definition of sin given in the Holy Scriptures, and we should seek to understand what sin is, lest any of us be found in opposition to the God of heaven. We are required to be in a position of obedience to all of God's commandments. {RH, July 15, 1890 par. 2}

It is the privilege of every sinner to ask his teacher what sin really is. Give me a definition of sin. We have one in 1 John 3. "Sin is the transgression of the law." Now this is the only definition of sin in the whole Bible. We are going to read it to you right out of the Book, so that you need not have the idea that it is not in the Bible, that it is another Bible that we preach to you. {1SAT 228.2}

The "taint of sin," therefore, is the result of sinning, the result of transgressing the law of God. The "flesh of itself cannot act contrary to the will of God." Sinful flesh cannot transgress the law of God. It cannot, therefore, experience the "taint of sin". It cannot cause guilt, corruption, or contamination. Sin is the stuff of choice and character.

"Yes, learn of Him how to live the Christ life--a life pure and holy, free from any taint of sin. {HP 183.3} If, as you seem to think, possessing sinful flesh is the "taint of sin" it would be impossible to imitate the life of Christ - a life pure and holy, free from any taint of sin.

Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #165395
05/24/14 11:52 PM
05/24/14 11:52 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man

"Yes, learn of Him how to live the Christ life--a life pure and holy, free from any taint of sin. {HP 183.3} If, as you seem to think, possessing sinful flesh is the "taint of sin" it would be impossible to imitate the life of Christ - a life pure and holy, free from any taint of sin.

That has not been our argument. The argument is against you saying Jesus had "sin in his sinful flesh"

So by the softening of your tone on this it appears that you are finally starting to get the picture, but isn't it strange that you do so without admitting your error?

You make it sound like you have known it all along when in fact you have totally changed the direction of your response.

SIN IN SINFUL FLESH Jesus NEVER had.

Please go back and look at my recent responses.

Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #165401
05/25/14 02:37 AM
05/25/14 02:37 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
His human nature was the same likeness, perfectly identical with our own. But, praise the Lord, He did not add corruption by sinning or cultivating sinful traits of character. His mind, heart, and character was free of sin, without spot or fault.
Jesus' human nature was the same, perfectly identical to our own - except for the fact He never sinned, He never cultivated sinful traits of character.

So, Christ's nature was exactly like ours, except for the parts where it was very different. He was exactly like all of us, except for the sin and corruption that all of us have. It's all very clear now, except for the parts that are confusing.

MM, you are exactly right in all these things, except for the parts where you are wrong.

With that, I will bow out of the discussion. I've seen everything to see many times over, and I've said everything to say many times over. I don't foresee any new developments here at this time.

Exactly the same, but different in that which we are full of. Indeed.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Page 33 of 73 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 72 73

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by dedication. 09/18/24 05:00 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 09/11/24 05:20 PM
The Judgment of the Living
by kland. 09/10/24 06:13 PM
Fireballs in the Sky
by kland. 09/10/24 06:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 09/10/24 11:45 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 09/03/24 05:48 PM
Are All Born Saved and All Choose to be Lost?
by dedication. 09/01/24 04:02 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 09/01/24 03:48 PM
Deep down, are humans basically good?
by kland. 08/28/24 12:10 PM
The fragility of our cultural lifestyle
by kland. 08/28/24 11:29 AM
O Canada for Freedom
by Rick H. 08/24/24 01:54 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by dedication. 09/18/24 12:45 AM
SDA Infiltration by Jesuits?
by kland. 09/17/24 11:30 AM
The church appears about to fall.
by dedication. 09/16/24 03:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by kland. 09/05/24 09:39 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by dedication. 09/02/24 04:58 PM
Timeline of the Last Day Events
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:28 PM
Is God letting loose the Four Winds of Strife?
by Rick H. 08/31/24 07:29 AM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:13 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 08/31/24 03:57 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 08/30/24 08:22 PM
LLU Endorses Gay Pride Month!
by kland. 08/28/24 11:36 AM
Perfection, when will we gain it?
by Rick H. 08/24/24 02:18 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!