HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,217
Posts195,973
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 28
Rick H 26
Daryl 4
asygo 3
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
7 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, 3 invisible), 2,524 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 43 of 73 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 72 73
Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: dedication] #165625
06/03/14 11:08 AM
06/03/14 11:08 AM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: dedication
Originally Posted By: Jamessonofthunder
to say Mt Man is presenting "a fundamental belief of the far conservative side of Adventism" seems to be an over generalization.

Quote from Joe Crews; "If Jesus actually inherited the compromised nature of Adam, then why didn't He sin like the rest of Adam's descendants? Because He was filled with the Holy Spirit from the womb and possessed a fully surrendered will and sanctified human nature. May we partake of that same power to keep us from sinning? Yes. Jesus, in living His life of victory over sin, did not utilize His divinity but confined Himself to the same power available to us through conversion and sanctification."

I believe I would stand completely justified in saying that this is a huge advantage, the fact that Jesus was born with the Holy Spirit that we must acquire after birth. It is because of that wonderful advantage that gives us hope in following His divine example. We seek reconciliation with God in this heavenly advantage. The example strengthens us to be delivered from sin.

But isn't that the same as what Mt. Man is presenting? -- Jesus had the "born again" life, "filled with the Holy Spirit from the womb" and thus is the example as to how we as "born again" sanctified Christians need to live?

Jesus "inherited the compromised nature of Adam" but was born-again "filled with the Holy Spirit from the womb"... "If Jesus had any advantage over other men it was simply that His inherent human nature was never further debilitated by personal indulgence in sin." (quoting from Joe Crews)

I don't think the issue is "original guilt", but rather inherited natures. What nature is it that a person inherits from their parents?

these are the issues that God motivates me to address here.
1. Was Jesus Born again?
2. Did Jesus have "sin in His sinful flesh"?
Show me the quotes that say these things directly and I will stop saying this is herecy. If you cannot produce then answer this, has God given anyone here a mission to add to the Testimonies?

Is Jesus, who is the creator, greater than His creatures? You answer that. To say He was born again is like saying the copy of a master piece is as great as the original. Was the earthly temple as great as the heavenly? He was the fullness of the Godhead embodied in human flesh. This is why you will never find any inspired writing addressing Him like what is being attempted here, and the depravity and boldness of the attempt is what I am motivated to challenge. If the Spirit of prophecy does not say those things then do you think you are more inspired?
That is all.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #165627
06/03/14 02:21 PM
06/03/14 02:21 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Daryl, I'm sorry. I promise to stop goading.

Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #165630
06/03/14 03:25 PM
06/03/14 03:25 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted By: JSOT
1. Was Jesus Born again?

As Christ was without sin in His humanity/flesh from birth, why would He need to be born again? I, therefore, say "No" to both questions #1 and #2.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #165632
06/03/14 09:00 PM
06/03/14 09:00 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
What is the definition of "sinful flesh"? Flesh that does not have sin in it????? Sinful = full of sin.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #165633
06/03/14 09:53 PM
06/03/14 09:53 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
If logic and language mean anything . . .

Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #165634
06/03/14 09:56 PM
06/03/14 09:56 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
1) Does sinful flesh cease tempting believers from within when they experience conversion?

2) Was Jesus ever tempted to do something inherently evil?

3) Also, do you think having sinful flesh counts as sin and guilt - even if its sinful desires are not cherished or acted out?

J: He was tempted EXTERNALLY! Did Jesus offer sacrifice?

James, it would be helpful if you answered the questions posted above. Also, answer the question - Why did Jesus get baptized?

PS - You have not posted inspired passages supporting the idea Jesus was not tempted like born-again believers are tempted. Bear in mind all temptations begin as an unholy thought and feeling.

Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #165635
06/03/14 09:57 PM
06/03/14 09:57 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
MM, do you think Jesus came from the womb with the sins of the world on His head? Jesus did bear our sins till the three days and nights of the sign of Jonah.

Yes, I believe Jesus bore the sins of the world in His body in sinful flesh from the womb to the tomb. Listen:

Quote:
With the terrible weight of the sins of the world upon Him, Christ withstood the test upon appetite, upon the love of the world, and upon that love of display which leads to presumption. {DA 116.4}

The weight of the sins of the world was pressing His soul, and His countenance expressed unutterable sorrow, a depth of anguish that fallen man had never realized. He felt the overwhelming tide of woe that deluged the world. He realized the strength of indulged appetite and unholy passion which controlled the world and had brought upon man inexpressible suffering. {Con 36.2}

His sacrifice consisted not merely in leaving the royal courts of heaven, in being tried by wicked men as a criminal and pronounced guilty, and in being delivered up to die as a malefactor; but in bearing the weight of the sins of the world. {GW92 69.1}

On Calvary's cross the weight of the sins of the world rested upon his soul. {RH, July 12, 1892 par. 6}

Please answer the following questions:

1) "The weight of the sins of the world was pressing His soul, and His countenance expressed unutterable sorrow, a depth of anguish that fallen man had never realized." When and where did this happen?

2) "He felt the overwhelming tide of woe that deluged the world." How and why was this possible?

3) "He realized the strength of indulged appetite and unholy passion which controlled the world and had brought upon man inexpressible suffering." How and why was this possible?

Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #165637
06/04/14 12:18 AM
06/04/14 12:18 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
jsot and others here claim that that sins of the world were only placed on Christ in Gethsemane and/or the cross. EGW is very clear and is the Bible, that this is not the case. He was encumbered with them from His birth.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #165638
06/04/14 03:26 AM
06/04/14 03:26 AM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Heavenly Father please open their eyes. In the name of your Son, through His righteous life amen.

As we have previously seen, Jesus was born with the Holy Spirit. Do you believe this?

When Jesus came to John to be baptized, John said "no way, I need to be baptized from you" and Jesus said "suffer it to be so for it is right for me to fulfill all righteousness." Did He need it for Himself?

"John could not understand why Jesus, who came not with confession to repentance, should need the rite of baptism when he had no sins to wash away. He refused to baptize Jesus because that he felt that he was better than himself. With firm and gentle authority, Jesus waives the refusal of John and his plea of unworthiness, by these words both of command and solicitation. “Suffer it to be so now; for thus it becometh us to fulfill all righteousness.”{YI January 1, 1874, par. 8}
Christ came to receive baptism, not with confession of sins to repentance, for he was without the taint of sin. He marked the way for the sinner by his own example in taking the steps the sinner is required to take. He pointed out distinctly the way of salvation for the repenting, believing sinner. It was not Christ that had broken the law of God, but sinful man. It was man that had forfeited all right to divine favor by transgression of the Father’s law, and had separated himself from God by his disobedience." {YI January 1, 1874, par. 9}

Then the Holy Spirit came on Him like a dove, correct? Does this mean Jesus didn't have the Holy Spirit before? No, there are varying degrees of Spirit filled living.

For instance, Jesus called the disciples and they were baptized and He sent them to do miracles. Judas was one of them doing miracles. But some things they were not prepared to do. Then later He breathed on them the Holy Spirit and they could do more, then the Day of Pentecost came when the number was complete and then they could RESURRECT THE DEAD in the name of the Lord! Correct?

Jesus was the example. Everything He did He said "you will do greater things" not because He couldn't do them, but because the world was not ready to see what He could do.

So Jesus was born with the Holy Spirit, never sinful, but in the likeness of sinful flesh. The bible never says that Jesus had sin in His flesh, it says He was in the LIKENESS of sinful flesh...totally different. But let me stay on this point.

After Jesus was matured, and the full realization of who He was set in, then there was an advancement of Spiritual discernment. When He turned 30 years old He received the Holy Spirit like a DOVE for the first time and He entered into His perfect ministry. He had a fallen human body but after receiving the Holy Spirit He could be tested to prove He was God in the flesh without using His divinity to overcome temptation. This is the second phase of His life. He went 40 days in the desert without food or water, proving He had never sinned. Death is the result of sin. His mortal body would have been translated and taken to heaven if He had to endure any more, because He was perfectly untouched by sin. He endured every temptation in those forty days. The most mind melting temptations beyond what every person has gone through all at once.

THEN at the end of His ministry He went to the next phase. Because He had lived the perfect life and overcame every temptation of the flesh, now as the perfect sacrifice He took the sins of the world on His head in Gethsemane and at the same time was tempted on a level that only the 144,000 will even come close to. He stood before the wrath of God while the devil tried to convince Him that He was eternally cut off from the Father because He had taken our sins upon His own record. This is beyond temptation of the flesh. It is a temptation of the Spirit. Satan spent three days trying to convict Jesus that He was in fact Satan. Everything that happened to Christ from Gethsemane to the cross was a Spiritual temptation and only those who stand before the Father after probation ends will ever have to endure anything like it. (they are not sin bearers, they only stand at the end of probation while the plagues fall) The 144,000 will in a very small degree know what Jesus went through from Gethsemane to the cross, thus they get to sing the song of the lamb.

But what was it that helped Jesus endure this demonically galactic temptation with the sins of billions of people on His head?

The second baptism. The baptism of Blood. When Jesus was covered, baptized in blood from His head to His toes (Baptizmos) after He took our sins and went through the darkest hour in Gethsemane, that is when the second sign of the Dove rested upon Him.

"No traces of His recent agony were visible as Jesus stepped forth to meet His betrayer. Standing in advance of His disciples He said, “Whom seek ye?” They answered, “Jesus of Nazareth.” Jesus replied, “I am He.” As these words were spoken, the angel who had lately ministered to Jesus moved between Him and the mob. A divine light illuminated the Saviour’s face, and a dovelike form overshadowed Him. In the presence of this divine glory, the murderous throng could not stand for a moment. They staggered back. Priests, elders, soldiers, and even Judas, fell as dead men to the ground.{DA 694.5}

Matthew 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

This is when He could endure standing before the Wrath of the Father and endure the deepest heartache. The Holy Angels were there for Him to strengthen Him, but the Father was silent. He was "cut off but not for Himself".

Do you see the three degrees of Holy Spirit that Jesus had in His life?

Did Jesus endure this His whole life? I need to goad you in this. It is for a divine purpose because you think you are so knowledgeable and act like a teacher when in truth it is so blatantly obvious to me that you are searching without light to guide you on these eternally powerful elements of faith.

Do you want to know more or are you going to close your ears? I will endure it, but you are not going to like the outcome I guarantee it, in the name of Christ.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Daryl] #165640
06/04/14 08:40 AM
06/04/14 08:40 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Daryl
Originally Posted By: JSOT
1. Was Jesus Born again?

As Christ was without sin in His humanity/flesh from birth, why would He need to be born again? I, therefore, say "No" to both questions #1 and #2.

I agree 100% with you Daryl.

To be "born in sin and shaped in iniquity" means to be born in poverty, poverty of the knowledge and experience of God. But Jesus was different from any one of us, even from Adam. John the Baptist spoke of him this way, "He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all." (John 3:31)

It is much like if Prince George, of William and Kate of England, were born in Haiti, in its poorest slum. I tell you, the full power of the British crown would be behind him though for a while he was living amidst squalor. He would have the best private tutor and be surrounded by the bravest of men. And who would say nay? For he would be destined for the Throne of the Commonwealth.

Jesus bore the hallmarks of heaven because he was of heaven and was brought up with an education befitting one who was destined for heavenly glory. As John the Baptist said, "For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him." (John 3:34) And as Jesus himself said, at the tender age of 12, when they found him in the Temple:

47 And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.
48 And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing.
49 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?
50 And they understood not the saying which he spake unto them.

Luke 2

///

Page 43 of 73 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 72 73

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by dedication. 09/18/24 05:00 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 09/11/24 05:20 PM
The Judgment of the Living
by kland. 09/10/24 06:13 PM
Fireballs in the Sky
by kland. 09/10/24 06:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 09/10/24 11:45 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 09/03/24 05:48 PM
Are All Born Saved and All Choose to be Lost?
by dedication. 09/01/24 04:02 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 09/01/24 03:48 PM
Deep down, are humans basically good?
by kland. 08/28/24 12:10 PM
The fragility of our cultural lifestyle
by kland. 08/28/24 11:29 AM
O Canada for Freedom
by Rick H. 08/24/24 01:54 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by dedication. 09/18/24 12:45 AM
SDA Infiltration by Jesuits?
by kland. 09/17/24 11:30 AM
The church appears about to fall.
by dedication. 09/16/24 03:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by kland. 09/05/24 09:39 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by dedication. 09/02/24 04:58 PM
Timeline of the Last Day Events
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:28 PM
Is God letting loose the Four Winds of Strife?
by Rick H. 08/31/24 07:29 AM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:13 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 08/31/24 03:57 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 08/30/24 08:22 PM
LLU Endorses Gay Pride Month!
by kland. 08/28/24 11:36 AM
Perfection, when will we gain it?
by Rick H. 08/24/24 02:18 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!