HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,217
Posts195,975
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 30
Rick H 26
Daryl 4
asygo 3
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, Kevin H, dedication, ProdigalOne, 2 invisible), 2,678 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 44 of 73 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 72 73
Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: James Peterson] #165641
06/04/14 11:08 AM
06/04/14 11:08 AM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: James Peterson
Originally Posted By: Daryl
Originally Posted By: JSOT
1. Was Jesus Born again?
2. Did Jesus have "sin in His sinful flesh"?

As Christ was without sin in His humanity/flesh from birth, why would He need to be born again? I, therefore, say "No" to both questions #1 and #2.

I agree 100% with you Daryl.

To be "born in sin and shaped in iniquity" means to be born in poverty, poverty of the knowledge and experience of God. But Jesus was different from any one of us, even from Adam. John the Baptist spoke of him this way, "He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all." (John 3:31)

It is much like if Prince George, of William and Kate of England, were born in Haiti, in its poorest slum. I tell you, the full power of the British crown would be behind him though for a while he was living amidst squalor. He would have the best private tutor and be surrounded by the bravest of men. And who would say nay? For he would be destined for the Throne of the Commonwealth.

Jesus bore the hallmarks of heaven because he was of heaven and was brought up with an education befitting one who was destined for heavenly glory. As John the Baptist said, "For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him." (John 3:34) And as Jesus himself said, at the tender age of 12, when they found him in the Temple:

47 And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.
48 And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing.
49 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?
50 And they understood not the saying which he spake unto them.

Luke 2

///

It's nice to be in agreement with you Mr Peterson. And Brother Daryl.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #165642
06/04/14 12:40 PM
06/04/14 12:40 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
My prayer this morning is most earnest and importunate, that in the Christian warfare we shall not fail nor be discouraged. "There is light above," a Voice says to me, and in response I withdraw my eyes from the earthly and the discouraging and look to the heavenly, praying earnestly that God's people may more distinctly and forcibly realize the dignity that our heavenly Father has conferred upon us in calling us to represent before the world, in sinful flesh, His goodness and mercy. Upon us, as well as upon the unthankful and the unholy, He pours unnumbered blessings. We are to express our thankfulness to Him that we are accepted as workers to cooperate with the Lord Jesus Christ. {MM 255.2}

Those who preach the word of the Lord must live that which they teach. If we receive the grace of God in the heart, we must reveal to others this grace in every word and act. Those who dwell upon the long-sufferance and mercy of Christ must practice His patience and forbearance, and never reveal a spirit of high-handed injustice toward their brethren or others.
{MM 255.3}

For "as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same." "In all things it behooved him to be made like unto his brethren." And therefore God "made him to be sin for us." "He hath laid on him the iniquity of us all." Thus, in our flesh, having our nature, laden with iniquity, and himself made to be sin, Christ Jesus lived in this world, tempted in all points like as we are; and yet God always caused him to triumph in him, and made manifest the savor of his knowledge by him in every place. Thus God was manifest in the flesh,—in our flesh, in human flesh laden with sin,—and made to be sin in itself, weak and tempted as ours is. And thus the mystery of God was made known to all nations for the obedience of faith. O, believe it!
{September 29, 1896 ATJ, ARSH 621.7}

And this is the mystery of God to-day and forever—God manifest in the flesh, in human flesh, in flesh, laden with sin, tempted and tried. In this flesh, God will make manifest the knowledge of himself in every place where the believer is found. Believe it, and praise his holy name!
{September 29, 1896 ATJ, ARSH 621.8}

This is the mystery which to-day, in the third angel's message, is again to be made known to all nations for the obedience of faith. This is the mystery of God, which in this time is to be "finished,"—not only finished in the sense of being ended to the world, but finished in the sense of being brought to completion in its grand work in the believer. This is the time when the mystery of God is to be finished in the sense that God is to be manifest in every true believer, in every place where that believer shall be found. This is, in deed and in truth, the keeping of the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus. {September 29, 1896 ATJ, ARSH 621.9}

"Be of good cheer; I have overcome the world,"—I have revealed God in the flesh. Our faith is the victory that has overcome the world. Therefore, and now, "Thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savor of his knowledge by us in every place."
A. T. J.
{September 29, 1896 ATJ, ARSH 621.10}

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #165644
06/04/14 02:50 PM
06/04/14 02:50 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
James, are you planning to address my posts? If not, please say so. Otherwise, I will keep hoping you will.

Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #165645
06/04/14 03:03 PM
06/04/14 03:03 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
James, please note the Bible never says Jesus came in the likeness of sinless flesh. Also, Jesus had no advantage not available to born-again believers in their fight against sin, self, and Satan. And, the Bible makes it abundantly clear Jesus was tempted in all points like a born-again believer. He was tempted to do wrong just like a born-again believer - not like an unconverted person.

He endured every trial to which we are subject. And He exercised in His own behalf no power that is not freely offered to us. As man, He met temptation, and overcame in the strength given Him from God. {DA 24.2}

Jesus revealed no qualities, and exercised no powers, that men may not have through faith in Him. His perfect humanity is that which all His followers may possess, if they will be in subjection to God as He was. {DA 664.4}

Temptation is resisted when man is powerfully influenced to do a wrong action; and, knowing that he can do it, resists, by faith, with a firm hold upon divine power. This was the ordeal through which Christ passed. {YI, July 20, 1899 par. 10}

Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #165649
06/04/14 03:56 PM
06/04/14 03:56 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
"He was tempted to do wrong just like a born-again believer - not like an unconverted person."

Ah - He was tempted just like ALL of us.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: APL] #165656
06/04/14 07:40 PM
06/04/14 07:40 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: APL
My prayer this morning is most earnest and importunate, that in the Christian warfare we shall not fail nor be discouraged. "There is light above," a Voice says to me, and in response I withdraw my eyes from the earthly and the discouraging and look to the heavenly, praying earnestly that God's people may more distinctly and forcibly realize the dignity that our heavenly Father has conferred upon us in calling us to represent before the world, in sinful flesh, His goodness and mercy. Upon us, as well as upon the unthankful and the unholy, He pours unnumbered blessings. We are to express our thankfulness to Him that we are accepted as workers to cooperate with the Lord Jesus Christ. {MM 255.2}

Those who preach the word of the Lord must live that which they teach. If we receive the grace of God in the heart, we must reveal to others this grace in every word and act. Those who dwell upon the long-sufferance and mercy of Christ must practice His patience and forbearance, and never reveal a spirit of high-handed injustice toward their brethren or others.
{MM 255.3}

For "as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same." "In all things it behooved him to be made like unto his brethren." And therefore God "made him to be sin for us." "He hath laid on him the iniquity of us all." Thus, in our flesh, having our nature, laden with iniquity, and himself made to be sin, Christ Jesus lived in this world, tempted in all points like as we are; and yet God always caused him to triumph in him, and made manifest the savor of his knowledge by him in every place. Thus God was manifest in the flesh,—in our flesh, in human flesh laden with sin,—and made to be sin in itself, weak and tempted as ours is. And thus the mystery of God was made known to all nations for the obedience of faith. O, believe it!
{September 29, 1896 ATJ, ARSH 621.7}

And this is the mystery of God to-day and forever—God manifest in the flesh, in human flesh, in flesh, laden with sin, tempted and tried. In this flesh, God will make manifest the knowledge of himself in every place where the believer is found. Believe it, and praise his holy name!
{September 29, 1896 ATJ, ARSH 621.8}

This is the mystery which to-day, in the third angel's message, is again to be made known to all nations for the obedience of faith. This is the mystery of God, which in this time is to be "finished,"—not only finished in the sense of being ended to the world, but finished in the sense of being brought to completion in its grand work in the believer. This is the time when the mystery of God is to be finished in the sense that God is to be manifest in every true believer, in every place where that believer shall be found. This is, in deed and in truth, the keeping of the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus. {September 29, 1896 ATJ, ARSH 621.9}

"Be of good cheer; I have overcome the world,"—I have revealed God in the flesh. Our faith is the victory that has overcome the world. Therefore, and now, "Thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savor of his knowledge by us in every place."
A. T. J.
{September 29, 1896 ATJ, ARSH 621.10}

There you go quoting AT Jones again when the Holy Spirit through the Lord's servant told us not to do that. So are you saying you take his counsel over that of the Lord's servant?

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #165657
06/04/14 08:33 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man

Please answer the following questions:

1) "The weight of the sins of the world was pressing His soul, and His countenance expressed unutterable sorrow, a depth of anguish that fallen man had never realized." When and where did this happen?

2) "He felt the overwhelming tide of woe that deluged the world." How and why was this possible?

3) "He realized the strength of indulged appetite and unholy passion which controlled the world and had brought upon man inexpressible suffering." How and why was this possible?

This is not goading?

I answered those questions in my last response and several times before, but you have just proven how shallow you even attempt to read what God tells me to say.

If you prayerfully go back and read what I posted you would have seen the answer to these exact questions but you don't.

I would ask you, are you attempting to say that those quotes are for Jesus before His baptism? You know they aren't so why do you say that He was carrying the sins of the world since birth?

IF YOU PRAYERFULLY EVEN LOOKED AT JUST MY LAST POST you would see the answer to these questions.

Those quotes took place at the same time this quote took place, which is right next to one of the quotes you used, which shows how deep your prayer to know the truth was.

"Christ thus entered upon his life of conflict to overcome the mighty foe, in bearing the very test Adam failed to endure, that, through successful conflict, he might break the power of Satan, and redeem the race from the disgrace of the fall."{RH August 4, 1874, par. 4}

Those quotes are referring to the baptism of Christ. So the fact that Jesus ENTERED into His life of conflict shows that He didn't have that conflict in the 30 years before His baptism. The fact that you used those quotes and didn't see this proves duplicity on your part.

Like I said in that last post there are varying degrees of the Holy Spirit in the life of Christ like for the Apostles. The Holy Spirit is what prepares us to endure temptation for he will not let us be tempted beyond what we can endure.

So when Jesus ENTERED into His life of conflict after His baptism it shows He had more to endure the further He went into His ministry. Anyone with Holy Spirit should be able to see this.

I have covered this several times in this thread. Remember my post about the 'Inclusios'? Book end prophecies? The first time the Holy Spirit alighted upon Christ in the form of a dove was the beginning of the inclusio and then in Gethsemane was the second time.

In the first temptation scenario Jesus was not suffering the wrath of the Father like He was in Gethsemane. He was ENTERING His life of conflict which kept getting more intense till the end.

Also, like I have answered before in this very thread... to feel the weight of the sins of the flesh is way different than to accept the sins of the world upon His head and carry them. Jesus pleaded with the Father for there to be a different way because He knew it would cut Him off from communication with His Father. Are you saying Jesus was cut off His whole life? That is so ignorant that I want to cry talking to you.

But now since you insisted that I respond, and I found the perfect quote stating that Jesus ENTERED into His life of conflict after His baptism, how does this fit in your interpretation that Jesus carried the weight of the sins of the world since birth? Doesn't this disprove your statement? Aren't you going to acknowledge you were wrong about that? I know you will not because of your pride and self sufficiency.

So to answer your question those quotes are from when He entered into temptation in the the wilderness. BUT they are nothing compared to what He endured in the Garden of Gethsemane when He took the sins of the world upon Himself cutting Him off from the Father.

The difference is so obvious I am wondering how you cannot see it?

Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #165658
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Or are you saying Jesus was cut off from the Father since His baptism?

Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #165661
06/04/14 10:50 PM
06/04/14 10:50 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I think the problem is in the use of the two words, "sinless flesh", which I can't find anywhere in EGW's writings, therefore, if she doesn't use those two words together in her writings, then neither should we.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #165662
06/04/14 10:55 PM
06/04/14 10:55 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Now, I do see that EGW uses the words, "sinful flesh", therefore, we need to determine what she meant by those words when she wrote them in her day, rather than what they mean in our day, which I suggest be done in a thread of its own.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Page 44 of 73 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 72 73

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by dedication. 09/18/24 05:00 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 09/11/24 05:20 PM
The Judgment of the Living
by kland. 09/10/24 06:13 PM
Fireballs in the Sky
by kland. 09/10/24 06:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 09/10/24 11:45 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 09/03/24 05:48 PM
Are All Born Saved and All Choose to be Lost?
by dedication. 09/01/24 04:02 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 09/01/24 03:48 PM
Deep down, are humans basically good?
by kland. 08/28/24 12:10 PM
The fragility of our cultural lifestyle
by kland. 08/28/24 11:29 AM
O Canada for Freedom
by Rick H. 08/24/24 01:54 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by kland. 09/19/24 11:34 AM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 09/19/24 11:04 AM
SDA Infiltration by Jesuits?
by kland. 09/17/24 11:30 AM
The church appears about to fall.
by dedication. 09/16/24 03:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by kland. 09/05/24 09:39 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by dedication. 09/02/24 04:58 PM
Timeline of the Last Day Events
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:28 PM
Is God letting loose the Four Winds of Strife?
by Rick H. 08/31/24 07:29 AM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:13 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 08/31/24 03:57 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 08/30/24 08:22 PM
LLU Endorses Gay Pride Month!
by kland. 08/28/24 11:36 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!