HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Andrew, Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield
1325 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,223
Posts196,067
Members1,325
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 21
Rick H 16
Daryl 2
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Dina, 1 invisible), 2,043 guests, and 14 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 50 of 73 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 72 73
Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #166129
06/23/14 03:49 AM
06/23/14 03:49 AM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
Mt Man, the way you present your case excludes anyone who does not have the complete truth in them from the start which is a lie. . . What you are trying to force as doctrine only applies to those who are sealed and cannot fall ever again.

Born-again babes in Christ are, according to the Bible, born again dead to sin, free from sin, and awake to righteousness. Nowhere in the Bible does it describe born-again babes as new believers who sin ignorantly until Jesus decides to reveal it to them. People who experience rebirth in "God's appointed way" are "complete in Christ". Jesus implants in them all the righteous attributes of God, all the fruits of the Spirit - "not one is missing". While abiding in Jesus, while walking in the Spirit and mind of the new man, while partaking of the divine nature they grow in grace, mature in the fruits of the Spirit "more and more unto the perfect day". They grow from "glory to glory" - not from greater sins to lesser sins.

It sounds like you disagree.
It sounds like you get one part of the equation in your mind and then close your mind to all the other variables, which proves you do not comprehend the reality of the quote.
In other words are you saying that the bible and Spirit of prophecy is wrong when it says that God has people in other denominations who are not keeping the Sabbath yet? Or let me make it more pertinent to the case of you and others here, are you saying that if you are in ignorance of any particular of the will of the Father that you do not have the true Spirit of God? Well maybe that is true for those teaching lies such as womens ordination. According to your understanding if you are wrong about anything in the faith then you are losr. Right?

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #166136
06/23/14 02:30 PM
06/23/14 02:30 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
James, please prove from the Bible people experience rebirth in "God's appointed way" ignorant of Sabbath-keeping or any other saving truth.

Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #166149
06/23/14 08:21 PM
06/23/14 08:21 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Revelation 18:1

And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.

2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

There is a point in time that men will have to make up their minds about keeping the sins of Babylon or letting them go but they are still called MY PEOPLE by God.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #166160
06/24/14 02:55 PM
06/24/14 02:55 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
James, are you suggesting Jesus calling them "My people" proves experiencing rebirth in God's appointed way leaves people deficient, destitute of certain saving truths?

PS - I expected you to cite Romans 2:13-15 as proof.

Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #166183
06/25/14 05:06 AM
06/25/14 05:06 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Are you saying that the people who God is calling His own who do not keep the Sabbath are perfect in sin?

Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #166229
06/27/14 01:52 AM
06/27/14 01:52 AM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
No, I didn't mean to imply such a thing. My question to you was asked in hopes you would clarify your position. Ellen White makes a good point in the following passage:

Quote:
One ray of the glory of God, one gleam of the purity of Christ, penetrating the soul, makes every spot of defilement painfully distinct, and lays bare the deformity and defects of the human character. It makes apparent the unhallowed desires, the infidelity of the heart, the impurity of the lips. The sinner's acts of disloyalty in making void the law of God, are exposed to his sight, and his spirit is stricken and afflicted under the searching influence of the Spirit of God. He loathes himself as he views the pure, spotless character of Christ. {SC 29}

By saying

1) makes every spot of defilement painfully distinct
2) lays bare the deformity and defects of the human character
3) makes apparent the unhallowed desires, the infidelity of the heart, the impurity of the lips
4) the sinner's acts of disloyalty in making void the law of God, are exposed to his sight

she doesn't leave room for the idea people are left ignorant of certain sinful traits of character.

Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: jamesonofthunder] #166235
06/27/14 07:26 AM
06/27/14 07:26 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA

You originally said;

Born-again babes in Christ are, according to the Bible, born again dead to sin, free from sin, and awake to righteousness. Nowhere in the Bible does it describe born-again babes as new believers who sin ignorantly until Jesus decides to reveal it to them.
It sounds like you disagree.

Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
Are you saying that the people who God is calling His own, who do not keep the Sabbath, are perfect in sin?

No, I didn't mean to imply such a thing.

she doesn't leave room for the idea people are left ignorant of certain sinful traits of character.

So what I said IS what you believe.

You are either saying that those people are not born again, not truly in Christ, OR you are saying that those who God is calling His own who are still in Babylon are perfect in their sins. Which one is it? Or can you not think that deep to understand the implications of what you are trying to say?

If God is calling people HIS OWN who are still in ignorance about the Sabbath and the worship of Idols then obviously people can be in ignorance on even the Commandments of God and still be considered HIS.

Don't you see that? You take such extreme views on very important issues that leaves absolutely no room for grace.

Let me put it this way, when you were first brought to Christ, did you have a perfect understanding of every single issue? I know you didn't because your faith is still very flawed in comprehension. I do not say that lightly.

But since then you have learned where you were mistaken on some points correct? Does that mean you were not Christ's before?

Acts 17:30 "And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commands all men every where to repent"

Hebrews 10:26 "For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins,"

The people of God that are in the other churches are still God's people even though they are in ignorance and worshiping Idols on the wrong day of the week at this time. They still believe the Pope is a representative of Peter or believe in ghosts to this day yet God still calls them His own UNTIL they reject the message.

"For centuries men have walked in blindness concerning the true Sabbath, and the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now is the day of reformation, and he calls upon men everywhere to repent. When the light of God’s disregarded commandment shone upon the path of those who sincerely loved God, they delayed not to keep his statutes. They realized that they must come out from the world and be separate... {ST February 3, 1888, par. 5}

"Not all in the world are lawless and sinful. God has many thousands who have not bowed the knee to Baal. There are God-fearing men and women in the fallen churches. If this were not so, we would not be given the message to bear: “Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen.” “Come out of her, My people.” Many of the honest in heart are gasping for a breath of life from heaven. They will recognize the gospel when it is brought to them in the beauty and simplicity with which it is presented in God’s Word.—Testimonies For The Church 9:109-111 (1909). {Ev 66.3}

When the Loud Cry is heard around the world then they will have to make a choice. You should be careful how you present this message of yours, it does not portray God to be very forgiving.

Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #166273
06/27/14 05:53 PM
06/27/14 05:53 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: JSOT
No, I didn't mean to imply such a thing. My question to you was asked in hopes you would clarify your position. Ellen White makes a good point in the following passage:

Quote:
One ray of the glory of God, one gleam of the purity of Christ, penetrating the soul, makes every spot of defilement painfully distinct, and lays bare the deformity and defects of the human character. It makes apparent the unhallowed desires, the infidelity of the heart, the impurity of the lips. The sinner's acts of disloyalty in making void the law of God, are exposed to his sight, and his spirit is stricken and afflicted under the searching influence of the Spirit of God. He loathes himself as he views the pure, spotless character of Christ. {SC 29}

By saying

1) makes every spot of defilement painfully distinct
2) lays bare the deformity and defects of the human character
3) makes apparent the unhallowed desires, the infidelity of the heart, the impurity of the lips
4) the sinner's acts of disloyalty in making void the law of God, are exposed to his sight

So what I said IS what you believe. You are either saying that those people are not born again, not truly in Christ, OR you are saying that those who God is calling His own who are still in Babylon are perfect in their sins. Which one is it? (Inappropriate Comment Deleted)If God is calling people HIS OWN who are still in ignorance about the Sabbath and the worship of Idols then obviously people can be in ignorance on even the Commandments of God and still be considered HIS.

Yes, He considers them His own. However, their experience does not match the biblical description of the process of rebirth or conversion. You have not proven from the Bible or the SOP people experience the process of rebirth or conversion in ignorance of saving truths. Here's what the Bible says:

Quote:
1 Peter
2:1 Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,
2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
2:3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord [is] gracious.

James
3:2 For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same [is] a perfect man, [and] able also to bridle the whole body.

Newborn babes in Christ have laid aside all evil speaking. They are perfect and able to control the whole body.

Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #166277
06/27/14 06:20 PM
06/27/14 06:20 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
So when Peter received the Holy Spirit on Pentecost that means he immediately became perfected in the Spirit? So why did he then begin to go back to circumcision and siding with the Jews? Paul had to rebuke Peter. They had to convene the first Jerusalem counsel to set Peter straight. God had to give him a vision saying "what I have called clean do not call unclean". He still had prejudice inside of him. So he obviously was not "all clean" right? That was why Jesus instituted the foot washing ceremony.

And another point is when were they considered reborn? At Baptism? At their first calling to be ministers? At the resurrection of Jesus or when He breathed on them the Spirit? Or was it at Pentecost?

Mrs White said that after Peter had denied Jesus 3 times he blindly made his way to Gethsemane and fell on the ground where Jesus had sweat blood and mourned for his sins against Christ, wishing he had been there for him that night. Then she says "he left that Garden a CONVERTED MAN", but does that mean Peter was perfected in the Spirit? No way, he still had many mistakes he went through after that night and still needed the early rain and still needed to be cleansed from his false doctrines.

The quotes you are misapplying are the work of a lifetime.

Some people can see right away. The less preconceived notions of errors the better. The more false doctrines they have inside of them the harder it is to be fully converted and even harder still to be perfected. That is why Jesus rebuked the disciples when the Centurion said "speak the word only and my servant shall be healed" and Jesus said "I have not found such great faith in all of Jerusalem". The Centurion was not filled with the lies of the Pharisees that needed to be purged from their conscience.

The thing that gets me is how you defend your errors. You have no room to be taught.

Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #166290
06/27/14 10:11 PM
06/27/14 10:11 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
So you are saying that Peter was NOT converted in Gethsemane?

"Peter denied the Man of sorrows in his acquaintance with grief in the hour of his humiliation. But he afterward repented and was reconverted. He had true contrition of soul, and gave himself afresh to his Saviour. With blinding tears he makes his way to the solitudes of the garden of Gethsemane, and there prostrates himself where he saw his Saviour’s prostrate form, when the bloody sweat was forced from his pores by his great agony. Peter remembers with remorse that he was asleep when Jesus prayed during those fearful hours. His proud heart breaks, and penitential tears moisten the sods so recently stained with the bloody sweat-drops of God’s dear Son. He left that garden a converted man. He was ready then to pity the tempted. He was humbled, and could sympathize with the weak and erring. He could caution and warn the presumptuous, and was fully fitted to strengthen his brethren.—Testimonies for the Church 3:416.{GW92 401.1}

But he didn't receive the Early Rain Holy Spirit until Pentecost 50 days later, and even after he had been baptized with the Spirit he fell to temptation...

Notice how Mrs White was shown that Peter was RECONVERTED? You speak as if there is no such thing! So you know more and are in comprehension of the Spirit more than Mrs White was? How does this concept of re-conversion fit with your interpretation? It doesn't and you know it, but you will argue of this I am convinced.

"In the vision Peter “saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth: wherein were all manner of four-footed beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air. And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat. But Peter (argued) said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten anything that is common or unclean. And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common. This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.”{AA 135.2}
This vision conveyed to Peter both reproof and instruction. It revealed to him the purpose of God—that by the death of Christ the Gentiles should be made fellow heirs with the Jews to the blessings of salvation. As yet none of the disciples had preached the gospel to the Gentiles. In their minds the middle wall of partition, broken down by the death of Christ, still existed, and their labors had been confined to the Jews, for they had looked upon the Gentiles as excluded from the blessings of the gospel. Now the Lord was seeking to teach Peter the world-wide extent of the divine plan. {AA 135.3}

Here God rebuked Peter for his preconceived notions. But this didn't happen until 3 1/2 years after the Holy Spirit was poured out on Pentecost. And the biblical evidence proves that Peter didn't fully comprehend this message until the Jerusalem Council years later after he was saying circumcision was necessary for the Gentiles to be converted.

And then after Peter began to embrace this truth and go to the Gentiles as God commanded, then others who the Holy Spirit had converted contended with him and rebuked him... They had received the early rain but they argued with the motivation God gave Peter.

"When the brethren in Judea heard that Peter had gone to the house of a Gentile and preached to those assembled, they were surprised and offended. They feared that such a course, which looked to them presumptuous, would have the effect of counteracting his own teaching. When they next saw Peter they met him with severe censure, saying, “Thou wentest in to men uncircumcised, and didst eat with them.”{AA 141.1}

So either Mrs White was lying and Peter wasn't reconverted in Gethsemane the night of his saviors betrayal, and those others who had received the early rain in the upper room were not converted either or your comprehension of this issue is off.

I think you are not being led by the true Spirit of God in your comprehension of this issue again.

The quotes you are trying to say are immediate is actually a lifelong experience to most people. I cringe to think that you are arguing this point because you think that you are already there. That would make me very sad for you.

Page 50 of 73 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 72 73

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John
by dedication. 10/18/24 11:18 AM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 10/15/24 12:56 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 10/14/24 12:13 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 10/10/24 12:36 PM
The October 7th Massacre and Zechariah 9 Prophecy
by dedication. 10/08/24 05:41 PM
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 10/01/24 11:56 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by Rick H. 09/28/24 10:02 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 09/22/24 02:05 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 10/15/24 05:21 PM
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by kland. 10/15/24 05:12 PM
What Should Be Our Response to the "Sunday Laws"?
by dedication. 10/13/24 01:08 AM
Understanding the 1290 & 1335 of Daniel 12?
by dedication. 10/11/24 02:16 PM
Are The Prophecies Important?
by dedication. 10/08/24 04:18 PM
The Beast and the Image Beast
by Rick H. 10/05/24 04:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 10/03/24 11:50 PM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by kland. 10/03/24 12:06 PM
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!