HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,217
Posts195,976
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 30
Rick H 26
Daryl 4
asygo 3
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, TheophilusOne, Karen Y, Daryl, Kevin H, 1 invisible), 2,900 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Who are the Woman and her Remnant? (Rev.12) [Re: Mountain Man] #166465
07/01/14 06:13 PM
07/01/14 06:13 PM
G
Godsloveandlaw  Offline OP
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
This sheds some light on the 1260 days.

Non- Descript Beast - Papal Rome
Read:
Verse 8,19-25
a. This verse revealed Rome’s transformation from paganism to so-called Christianity. It is identified as such because:
i. A little horn came up with eyes and a mouth which blasphemed God, and persecuted His people (verse 8, 25). This clearly points to the Popes (Papacy).
ii. It thought to change Laws (like the Sabbath), and doctrines (like the Sanctuary, etc.).
iii. It was allowed to do this for a time (one year), times (two years) and dividing of time (half year) - a total of three and half years or 1260 days or years, (a day for a year - Ezek. 4:6) 538 -1798 AD
b. All of this clearly points to the papacy and its rule from 538-1798 AD as the “little horn”(verse 8).
c. It is further proven because the “little horn” uprooted three other horns —the Herulis, Ostrogoths, and the Vandals – so-called Barbarian nations who supported Arianism, the most formidable rival of Catholicism.
Note:
By the time of the rise of the Papacy, Rome had been divided into Eastern and Western Empires. In 476 AD, the West fell to Barbarians tribes. The East had been preserved by its embracing “Christianity” - a process which began with Constantine the great’s so-called conversion and his Edict of Tolerance which seemed to have halted the persecution of Christians (for a short time) making Christianity the State Religion.
d. Thus, the Fourth beast covers the period of both Pagan and Papal Rome, the time of Christ, and through the Dark Ages.
Summary:
Daniel Seven reveals the rise and decline of Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, and Rome. The rise of Papal Rome- who has impacted our Modern World more than any other power, and prepared the way for Present -Day Civilization.

Education Department
Davidic Levitical Institute
Mt. Carmel,
Mountain Dale, New York

As far as the earth. This can only be as represented already in type-- The swallowing of the earth of the unconverted and impostors. Korah and his gang (Numbers chapter 16). We know that type and anti- type follow the same pattern (although not always exactly in all details) So logically the earth 'swallowing" means to do a cleansing work as it did in type. Notice as well that this is God's direct hand , nothing to do with man's involvement. In fact the opposite, man got out of the way and beheld God 'take the reins into His own hands".

Last edited by Godsloveandlaw; 07/01/14 06:17 PM.
Re: Who are the Woman and her Remnant? (Rev.12) [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #166517
07/02/14 05:50 PM
07/02/14 05:50 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
1260 = 538-1798.
Earth = God eliminating unconverted and imposters.

Re: Who are the Woman and her Remnant? (Rev.12) [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #166533
07/03/14 01:05 AM
07/03/14 01:05 AM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
I think you may have shared what the earth coming to help the woman will look like GLL but I can't remember. The Shepard's Rod have a definite view if I remember right. What's yours and what's theirs?

Re: Who are the Woman and her Remnant? (Rev.12) [Re: Mountain Man] #166535
07/03/14 03:06 AM
07/03/14 03:06 AM
G
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
Spot on bro. MM

Last edited by Godsloveandlaw; 07/03/14 03:07 AM.
Re: Who are the Woman and her Remnant? (Rev.12) [Re: Charity] #166536
07/03/14 03:12 AM
07/03/14 03:12 AM
G
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
The Rod is where I get much of my understanding. The view of rev. 12 is from brother Houteff's interpretation, which I concur.

"Hear ye the rod, and Who has appointed it" (Micah 6:9)

What "rod" has ever spoke? As far as I know, only one.

Re: Who are the Woman and her Remnant? (Rev.12) [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #166560
07/03/14 11:17 PM
07/03/14 11:17 PM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: Godsloveandlaw
The Rod is where I get much of my understanding. The view of rev. 12 is from brother Houteff's interpretation, which I concur.

"Hear ye the rod, and Who has appointed it" (Micah 6:9)

What "rod" has ever spoke? As far as I know, only one.

Which rod spoke? In Micah it's the Lord's rod that speaks which is a figure for the judgments the Lord sends in mercy as a call to repentance. But I'm interested in your view GLL.

Regarding the earth swallowing up the tares, the wheat and tares grow together until the harvest is finished at the close of probation. The church will not be pure until it is shaken mainly by persecution and persecution lasts until probation closes and beyond during Jacob's time of trouble. Just before that when the 144,000 give the three angel's messages with power, there will still be tares in the church. At the outpouring of the early rain there were tares then (the falling away had just begun) and it will be similar in the future. We will not know who the 144,000 are until after the close of probation. Why? Because Joel tells us that the Holy Spirit will be poured out on all flesh. Praise the Lord!

Re: Who are the Woman and her Remnant? (Rev.12) [Re: Charity] #166576
07/04/14 06:27 AM
07/04/14 06:27 AM
G
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
"Which rod spoke? In Micah it's the Lord's rod that speaks which is a figure for the judgments the Lord sends in mercy as a call to repentance. But I'm interested in your view GLL."

I should have used the whole quote--
"The LORD'S voice cries to the city-- Wisdom shall see Your name. Hear ye the rod, and Who has appointed it."

The Rod is actually the "Lord's voice". But who does He speak through? Prophets (Amos 3:7) and He has called it to speak (appointed it).

"Regarding the earth swallowing up the tares, the wheat and tares grow together until the harvest is finished at the close of probation.."

The lesson that Rev. 12 shows us is a timeline, yes? Notice the earth swallows the unconverted PRIOR to Satan going after the remnant. Then it is that Satan goes to war "time of trouble such as never was".

Let us realize that right now Satan is content. Why? because the church is over run with tares. The ONLY thing that Inspiration shows us that will "enrage" Him is when he sees that his deceitful purpose and plan (causing a flood of tares in the church)is eliminated within the church.

So you are right in one sense that they grow together, which is right now, but once the earth swallows the tares, there now is a pure church. That is the reason Satan gets enraged. Remember when the Apostolic church was pure and signs and wonders amazed the people? Satan was enraged also and then the terrible persecution came (eaten by lions, burned alive, etc.)

But we notice that he changed plans and said "if I can't beat them I'll join them". Since then his plan has been absolutely wondrous in working. Once the Lord stops it cold, we'll see him go back to his prior plan of persecution.

Re: Who are the Woman and her Remnant? (Rev.12) [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #166598
07/05/14 11:17 AM
07/05/14 11:17 AM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Here's an entire chapter that depicts the latter rain. Notice what brings it on:

Isa 49:1 Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The LORD hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name.
Isa 49:2 And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he hid me;
Isa 49:3 And said unto me, Thou art my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified.
. . .
Isa 49:6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, [12,000 per tribe] and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.
Isa 49:7 Thus saith the LORD, the Redeemer of Israel, and his Holy One, to him whom man despiseth, [God's persecuted remnant.] to him whom the nation abhorreth, to a servant of rulers, Kings shall see and arise, princes also shall worship, because of the LORD that is faithful, and the Holy One of Israel, and he shall choose thee.
Isa 49:8 Thus saith the LORD, In an acceptable time have I heard thee, and in a day of salvation have I helped thee: and I will preserve thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, to establish the earth, to cause to inherit the desolate heritages;
Isa 49:9 That thou mayest say to the prisoners, Go forth; [originally this referred to King Cyrus who released the Hebrews from Babylonian captivity. See the previous few chapters. But it especially applies to the end and the spiritual liberation of the remnant from spiritual Babylon and deliverance from the mark of the beast.] to them that are in darkness, Shew yourselves. They shall feed in the ways, and their pastures shall be in all high places.
Isa 49:10 They shall not hunger nor thirst; neither shall the heat nor sun smite them: for he that hath mercy on them shall lead them, even by the springs of water shall he guide them.
Isa 49:11 And I will make all my mountains a way, and my highways shall be exalted.
Isa 49:12 Behold, these shall come from far: and, lo, these from the north [Protestant and Catholic Europe] and from the west [the New World]; and these from the land of Sinim [Chine and the far East].
Isa 49:13 Sing, O heavens; and be joyful, O earth; and break forth into singing, O mountains: for the LORD hath comforted his people, and will have mercy upon his afflicted.
Isa 49:14 But Zion said, The LORD hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me.
Isa 49:15 Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.
Isa 49:16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.
Isa 49:17 Thy children shall make haste; thy destroyers and they that made thee waste shall go forth of thee.
Isa 49:18 Lift up thine eyes round about, and behold: all these gather themselves together, and come to thee. As I live, saith the LORD, thou shalt surely clothe thee with them all, as with an ornament, and bind them on thee, as a bride doeth.
Isa 49:19 For thy waste and thy desolate places, and the land of thy destruction, shall even now be too narrow by reason of the inhabitants, and they that swallowed thee up shall be far away.
Isa 49:20 The children which thou shalt have, after thou hast lost the other, shall say again in thine ears, The place is too strait for me: give place to me that I may dwell.
Isa 49:21 Then shalt thou say in thine heart, Who hath begotten me these, seeing I have lost my children, and am desolate, a captive, and removing to and fro? and who hath brought up these? Behold, I was left alone; these, where had they been?
Isa 49:22 Thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I will lift up mine hand to the Gentiles, and set up my standard to the people: and they shall bring thy sons in their arms, and thy daughters shall be carried upon their shoulders.
Isa 49:23 And kings shall be thy nursing fathers, and their queens thy nursing mothers: they shall bow down to thee with their face toward the earth, and lick up the dust of thy feet; [at the final deliverance of the remnant] and thou shalt know that I am the LORD: for they shall not be ashamed that wait for me.
Isa 49:24 Shall the prey be taken from the mighty, or the lawful captive delivered? [from Babylon.]
Isa 49:25 But thus saith the LORD, Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered: for I will contend with him that contendeth with thee, and I will save thy children.
Isa 49:26 And I will feed them that oppress thee [Babyon] with their own flesh; and they shall be drunken with their own blood, as with sweet wine: and all flesh shall know that I the LORD am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.

Re: Who are the Woman and her Remnant? (Rev.12) [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #166599
07/05/14 11:36 AM
07/05/14 11:36 AM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
So, GLL, yes we have Ezekiel 9 and the rod and the Korah experience but direct judgments like in the case of Korah are exceptional (and not effective at the time - the Isealites blamed Moses the next day for killing the "people of the Lord!"). The Lord speaks of Assyria as the rod of His anger and the same divine depiction applies to ancient Babylon and spiritual Babylon at the end. These enemies of Israel have been and will be the main sources of purification of the church.

But the main concern with a pre-close of probation purification of the church is the false sense of security it gives to those who think they're a part of it. Let's take the warning of Daniel 12 to heart that even some of those who are wise will fall, which means even during the latter rain, some who have been empowered with divine wisdom and grace will falter and fall to purify those who remain from placing any trust in man.

Re: Who are the Woman and her Remnant? (Rev.12) [Re: Charity] #166611
07/06/14 12:01 AM
07/06/14 12:01 AM
G
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
Isaiah chapter 49 is a wonderful chapter indeed. The whole book of Isaiah is one BIG goldmine of Truth and prophecy for sure.

Mark- "These enemies of Israel have been and will be the main sources of purification of the church."

But about your conclusions, I see that we differ.

Notice that the earth "helped" the Woman. The swallowing of the unconverted does this helping. It frees her (church)up to declare the Loud Cry with God's "full power".

If we deny that the church must be clean prior to the Loud Cry, what do we make of these declarations?

"ONLY those who have withstood temptation in the strength of the Mighty One, will be PERMITTED to act a part in proclaiming it (The 3rd Angel's Message) when it shall have swelled INTO THE LOUD CRY." (Review and Herald , Nov. 19, 1908)

"Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean. (Isaiah 52:1)

"The great issue so near at hand will weed out those whom God has not appointed, and He will have a pure, true, sanctified ministry PREPARED for the latter rain." (Manuscript Releases, vol. 12, p.327)

Notice this weeding out is PRIOR (prepared)to the Loud Cry (latter rain). One cannot be prepared unless he is ready before hand for something.

"God's displeasure is upon His people, and He will not manifest His power in the midst of them while sins exist among them and are fostered by those in responsible positions."(Testimonies, vol. 3, p.270)

This above quote is very illuminating. Let us turn to Early Writings, under the "Loud Cry" section, p.278.

it reads, "A compelling power moved the honest, while the manifestation of the power of God brought fear and restraint upon the unbelieving relatives and friends so that they dared not, neither had they the power to, hinder those who felt the work of the Spirit of God upon them."

Here we see that during the Loud Cry, God's power will be "manifest". This tells us what? That the people giving the Loud Cry will be true and pure (no sinners in the midst. In other words a "pure and clean " church.

SOP tells us of this CHURCH power-- "Clad in the arms of Christ's righteousness, the CHURCH is to enter upon her final conflict, “Fair as the moon, clear as the sun, and terrible as an army with banners” (Song of Solomon 6:10), she is to go forth into all the world, conquering and to conquer."(Prophets and Kings, p.725)

We see a powerhouse for God, not some dis-jointed, here and there workers but a CHURCH. A PURE CHURCH with the power of God behind it!

Now, after really letting the above inspired words and thoughts soak in, tell me how it is not God but rather the enemies that "purify" the church? tell me how this works?

And explain to me how the earth symbolizes something such as "people" (such as our enemies) that will "help" the Woman (church) instead of a divine act of God?

The Lord has declared He will make His move dear brother in His word. Be very careful in supplanting His declared plans, i.e "people will cause the cleansing" and not HIM (Ezek.9 and Rev. 12 and much more Scripture).

Last edited by Godsloveandlaw; 07/06/14 12:05 AM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by dedication. 09/18/24 05:00 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 09/11/24 05:20 PM
The Judgment of the Living
by kland. 09/10/24 06:13 PM
Fireballs in the Sky
by kland. 09/10/24 06:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 09/10/24 11:45 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 09/03/24 05:48 PM
Are All Born Saved and All Choose to be Lost?
by dedication. 09/01/24 04:02 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 09/01/24 03:48 PM
Deep down, are humans basically good?
by kland. 08/28/24 12:10 PM
The fragility of our cultural lifestyle
by kland. 08/28/24 11:29 AM
O Canada for Freedom
by Rick H. 08/24/24 01:54 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by dedication. 09/20/24 01:04 PM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 09/19/24 11:04 AM
SDA Infiltration by Jesuits?
by kland. 09/17/24 11:30 AM
The church appears about to fall.
by dedication. 09/16/24 03:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by kland. 09/05/24 09:39 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by dedication. 09/02/24 04:58 PM
Timeline of the Last Day Events
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:28 PM
Is God letting loose the Four Winds of Strife?
by Rick H. 08/31/24 07:29 AM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:13 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 08/31/24 03:57 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 08/30/24 08:22 PM
LLU Endorses Gay Pride Month!
by kland. 08/28/24 11:36 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!