HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Andrew, Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield
1325 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,223
Posts196,070
Members1,325
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 19
Rick H 16
Daryl 2
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (dedication, Kevin H, Karen Y, daylily), 2,279 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 21 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 20 21
Re: If One kills those who disagree with Him, does that show love? [Re: APL] #169830
11/13/14 05:28 PM
11/13/14 05:28 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: APL
I know Romans 8:20. Do you know Isaiah 5:20? To say that a rape is good is an evil thing. Yet you and MM think that it is God's will that they happen. Let's give thanks for rape!!!

Sick...

APL,

Whether you agree or not, the Bible does not command us to give thanks for only the good things. Giving thanks does not equate to calling evil good. Evil is evil whether one chooses to be thankful to God or not.

If you want to call me sick for believing the Bible, please feel free. My foundation is unmoved.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: If One kills those who disagree with Him, does that show love? [Re: kland] #169831
11/13/14 06:04 PM
11/13/14 06:04 PM
Johann  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Retired Pastor
3000+ Member
Iceland
Sin is only with those who disagree with you

"Here is a last piece of advice. If you believe in goodness and if you value the approval of God, fix your minds on the things which are holy and right and pure and beautiful and good. Model your conduct on what you have learned from me, on what I have told you and shown you, and you will find the God of peace will be with you."
Re: If One kills those who disagree with Him, does that show love? [Re: kland] #169833
11/13/14 06:33 PM
11/13/14 06:33 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
So you admit it, we should give thanks for rape, child abuse and murder. And you believe it is God's will that these things take place. And you believe that the Bible says we should give thanks for these things! Rape, murder, and child abuse is evil and it is not a good thing, and we should never give thanks for evil.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: If One kills those who disagree with Him, does that show love? [Re: APL] #169834
11/13/14 09:02 PM
11/13/14 09:02 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
M: APL, although I appreciate you sharing what you believe, I do not believe the texts you posted support your conclusions, namely, Jesus is not free to intervene on behalf of innocent victims.

A: By this, you put the blame clearly on God for the origin and continuation of sin, for He is in control of every outcome. Rape, child abuse and murder happen because He wants them to happen. Incredible...

For some reason you think your view makes Jesus look good. You believe Jesus is willing to allow evildoers to rape, murder, and steal because He respects their freewill more than He does that of their victims.

Re: If One kills those who disagree with Him, does that show love? [Re: Mountain Man] #169837
11/13/14 09:44 PM
11/13/14 09:44 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
M: APL, although I appreciate you sharing what you believe, I do not believe the texts you posted support your conclusions, namely, Jesus is not free to intervene on behalf of innocent victims.

A: By this, you put the blame clearly on God for the origin and continuation of sin, for He is in control of every outcome. Rape, child abuse and murder happen because He wants them to happen. Incredible...

For some reason you think your view makes Jesus look good. You believe Jesus is willing to allow evildoers to rape, murder, and steal because He respects their freewill more than He does that of their victims.
And your view make God look good? God wills that people are raped, abused and murdered? <shaking head in disbelief>

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: If One kills those who disagree with Him, does that show love? [Re: APL] #169838
11/13/14 10:43 PM
11/13/14 10:43 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
So you admit it, we should give thanks for rape, child abuse and murder. And you believe it is God's will that these things take place. And you believe that the Bible says we should give thanks for these things! Rape, murder, and child abuse is evil and it is not a good thing, and we should never give thanks for evil.

APL,

I have personally experienced rape and child abuse. Thankfully I have not been murdered. You know what? I can give thanks for these traumatic experiences that I have had in my life. They have helped me to be more sensitive to others who pass through similar experiences. They have helped me to know what it is like so that I can be of greater usefulness to such persons in my ministry.

Only those who have been raped may be able to understand the intense struggle required to forgive the offender/perpetrator. The feelings of hatred which the victim experience are no ordinary feelings, and seem to occur both violently and involuntarily in the victim. It takes God's help to be able to forgive. I am naturally a forgiving person, but I could not forgive in this case on my own power. It was impossible. I cannot explain it in words. But I am thankful to God that for His glory and honor I have passed through this trial, for it makes me a better gospel worker.

I debated whether or not even to share this. Perhaps I am merely casting pearls before swine. Turn again and rend me over this if you wish, but you will have God to answer to for so doing. The fact remains, I know whereof I speak. I am able to praise God for His grace to endure the trials I passed through, and in praising Him, I commit my life to His capable hands.

Here are two quotes from Mrs. White. The first one is from Ministry of Healing and shows that the giving of thanks demonstrates our faith and trust in God. The second quote shows that the Christian life should be one of constant joy and praise to God.

Originally Posted By: Ellen White
"In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." 1 Thessalonians 5:18. This command is an assurance that even the things which appear to be against us will work for our good. God would not bid us be thankful for that which would do us harm.

Originally Posted By: Ellen White
The Christian's life should be one of faith, of victory, and joy in God. “Whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world; and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.” [1 John 5:4.] Truly spake God's servant Nehemiah, “The joy of the Lord is your strength.” [Nehemiah 8:10.] And says Paul: “Rejoice in the Lord alway; and again I say, Rejoice.” “Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.” [Philippians 4:4; 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18.] {GC88 477.3}

Such are the fruits of Bible conversion and sanctification; and it is because the great principles of righteousness set forth in the law of God are so indifferently regarded by the Christian world, that these fruits are so rarely witnessed. This is why there is manifest so little of that deep, abiding work of the Spirit of God which marked revivals in former years. {GC88 478.1}

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: If One kills those who disagree with Him, does that show love? [Re: kland] #169842
11/14/14 12:40 AM
11/14/14 12:40 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
It was NEVER God's will that you were raped or abused. NEVER. To say that God willed you to have these bad experience is not true! God can make good come out of all the evil that happens to us, but this in no way makes God responsible for the evil in the world. And on the day of final judgement, God will stand clear of blame for the existence or continuance of evil. It will be demonstrated that the divine decrees are not accessory to sin. Rape is sin. God is not accessory to sin. Murder is sin. God is not an accessory to sin. Don't blame God, making Him responsible for evil.

Re: If One kills those who disagree with Him, does that show love? [Re: APL] #169843
11/14/14 01:47 AM
11/14/14 01:47 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
It was NEVER God's will that you were raped or abused. NEVER. To say that God willed you to have these bad experience is not true! God can make good come out of all the evil that happens to us, but this in no way makes God responsible for the evil in the world. And on the day of final judgement, God will stand clear of blame for the existence or continuance of evil. It will be demonstrated that the divine decrees are not accessory to sin. Rape is sin. God is not accessory to sin. Murder is sin. God is not an accessory to sin. Don't blame God, making Him responsible for evil.

Thanking God is not the same as blaming Him, is it? At least, I don't look at it that way. Thanking Him means we trust Him. We trust that He will keep His promises to us, including that all things will work together for good. That doesn't mean God is "responsible" for evil, it means I trust God to take care of me, whether there is evil or good. Remember Job? Like that.

As he put it, "Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD." After praising the Lord in this manner after the loss of his wealth and family, the Bible says "In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly."

It is no sin to praise the Lord in everything--for the Bible even asks that we do so.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: If One kills those who disagree with Him, does that show love? [Re: kland] #169844
11/14/14 04:26 AM
11/14/14 04:26 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Job did not know why he was afflicted. What he knew, is that he could trust God, that God was not one to bring affliction on to people, but Job did not know what we know. He friends said that the trouble came on him from God, Job knew that was not the case.

What you have agreed with MM on is that it is GOD'S WILL that trouble, rape, abuse, and murder happens to people. That God can prevent any of these evils. God can't. And He can't because of the way He runs His government.

Was it God's will you were raped and abused? Was it? NO. NO. NO.

and note - don't think you are along in receiving abuse...

Re: If One kills those who disagree with Him, does that show love? [Re: APL] #169845
11/14/14 04:54 AM
11/14/14 04:54 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
APL,

Life (on this planet) may not be "fair." But we all have a chance to put our trust in God. It IS God's will that we have freedom to choose. It is NOT God's will that anyone should be harmed. As long as there is no sin, there is no conflict. When sin happened, there were victims. There still are victims. This is a result of God's will to give freedom of choice. Victims are not the result of God's own choice. There is a fine line there. I hope you can see it.

It IS God's will, however, that the universe should see sufficient results of sin as to be inoculated against it forever. No one will want to return to this vomit again when once the sin experiment is over. Until then, the experiment does continue. There is still vomit. There are victims everywhere...including all of us. Some of us have received more "inoculations" than others, or in different areas of character. That is fine. No two people will have the exact same experience...but guess what? God's grace is sufficient for all.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Page 13 of 21 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 20 21

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John
by dedication. 10/21/24 01:01 AM
Understanding the Battle of Armageddon
by dedication. 10/19/24 03:08 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 10/15/24 12:56 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 10/14/24 12:13 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 10/10/24 12:36 PM
The October 7th Massacre and Zechariah 9 Prophecy
by dedication. 10/08/24 05:41 PM
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 10/01/24 11:56 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by Rick H. 09/28/24 10:02 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by dedication. 10/21/24 08:37 PM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 10/15/24 05:21 PM
What Should Be Our Response to the "Sunday Laws"?
by dedication. 10/13/24 01:08 AM
Understanding the 1290 & 1335 of Daniel 12?
by dedication. 10/11/24 02:16 PM
Are The Prophecies Important?
by dedication. 10/08/24 04:18 PM
The Beast and the Image Beast
by Rick H. 10/05/24 04:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 10/03/24 11:50 PM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by kland. 10/03/24 12:06 PM
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!