HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,216
Posts195,933
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 22
kland 17
asygo 4
Daryl 3
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
8 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, TheophilusOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 3 invisible), 2,178 guests, and 14 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 23 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 22 23
Re: Identifying the Kings of the North and South - Daniel 11 [Re: Alchemy] #174529
06/22/15 07:12 PM
06/22/15 07:12 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Alchemy
dedication wrote;

"The Seleucids and Ptolemies were past history -- they were no longer the kings of the north or south by verse 21.

Rome was the new King of the North
and Rome continues to be the king of the north till the end of time."

Very well.

My point has always been that Babylon is the king of the north. And that Babylon, or the king of the north, has morphed so-to-speak with different countries at different times in history. But that, Babylon was established as the king of the north after the dividing of Greece.

We see much the same with the king of the south morphing, as I put it, as time goes on. But, as we see today, Egypt is back again. Atheism and pantheism are as strong as ever.
I think here you agreed with dedication that Rome was part of Babylon. And Babylon will include apostate protestantism, of which America is a leader. Babylon was not tied to a specific geographical area. Neither the king of the south.

Re: Identifying the Kings of the North and South - Daniel 11 [Re: kland] #174532
06/23/15 02:10 AM
06/23/15 02:10 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: kland
Originally Posted By: Alchemy
dedication wrote;

"The Seleucids and Ptolemies were past history -- they were no longer the kings of the north or south by verse 21.

Rome was the new King of the North
and Rome continues to be the king of the north till the end of time."

Very well.

My point has always been that Babylon is the king of the north. And that Babylon, or the king of the north, has morphed so-to-speak with different countries at different times in history. But that, Babylon was established as the king of the north after the dividing of Greece.

We see much the same with the king of the south morphing, as I put it, as time goes on. But, as we see today, Egypt is back again. Atheism and pantheism are as strong as ever.
I think here you agreed with dedication that Rome was part of Babylon. And Babylon will include apostate protestantism, of which America is a leader. Babylon was not tied to a specific geographical area. Neither the king of the south.

Blessings kland,

Agreed. As time goes on Babylon will use any country that will join her. But, since 538 AD, the papacy has always been the major component of Babylon. We know there is a little horn in Daniel 7, I see this fulfilled in Peter calling Rome Babylon. And we see Rome has changed very much since then so as to promote the rise of the papacy, the little horn in Daniel 8.

As Protestantism has apostatized, these countries have also joined Babylon with the United States leading the way in these last days.

We must not forget spiritualism in these last days. This is rising right before our eyes on TV, books, movies and other subtle ways.

Re: Identifying the Kings of the North and South - Daniel 11 [Re: kland] #174538
06/23/15 02:57 PM
06/23/15 02:57 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: kland
Originally Posted By: His child
This is how I read it now: the Supreme Court will declare independence from God this month. God will remove His protection from our godless America. Iran will attack the US fleet in the Gulf. And Obama (the power that is to return to pluck up the third horn from the former Eastern Roman Empire- Afghanistan, Iraq, and Iran) will do exploits against the Covenant (Constitution) and Sunday Laws will be close behind.
Tsk, tsk. Have you not learned anything against making predictions?

This month. June. Within the next week and half. Sounds like something that can be determined to be true or not. But is it? Will you waffle out of it? How can we determine if it's true or not? ...

As I currently read prophecy, when the Supreme Court declares independence from God by implementing an abomination as the law of the land, it will declare independence from God June 2015. Shortly [that can be subjective = a few days, months, or years...though I would not expect it to tarry years] after wickedness is declared to be the law of the land, God will remove His special protection that has preserved America through the centuries.

Iran (the king of the South will attack the US fleet in the Gulf) and President Obama (the king of the North) will do exploits against the Covenant (beginning with America's Constitution). And prophecy will be fulfilled in its time in a way that was not expected by those who should have been watching and preparing.

we will not have long to wait to see if I'm in the ball park or if your cautious [fearfulness about proclaiming what the word of God means before it happens] is a blessing to you or a curse.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Identifying the Kings of the North and South - Daniel 11 [Re: Alchemy] #174540
06/23/15 03:06 PM
06/23/15 03:06 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: dedication
My point has always been that Babylon is the king of the north. And that Babylon, or the king of the north, has morphed so-to-speak with different countries at different times in history. But that, Babylon was established as the king of the north ...

The question then follows who is Babylon? The woman riding the beast in Rev 17 or the beast itself

But as I read it President Obama is now the King of the North and Iran is the king of the south. So how does that fit with the postulation "Babylon is the king of the north"?

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Identifying the Kings of the North and South - Daniel 11 [Re: His child] #174547
06/23/15 04:30 PM
06/23/15 04:30 PM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: dedication actually posted by Alchemy
My point has always been that Babylon is the king of the north. And that Babylon, or the king of the north, has morphed so-to-speak with different countries at different times in history. But that, Babylon was established as the king of the north ...

The question then follows who is Babylon? The woman riding the beast in Rev 17 or the beast itself

But as I read it President Obama is now the King of the North and Iran is the king of the south. So how does that fit with the postulation "Babylon is the king of the north"?

You were quoting Alchemy, though I did write to agree that Rome was the "new Babylon".

As to your question -- who is Babylon of Rev. 17?

The symbolic woman in prophecy represents the "bride of Christ".
A harlot woman represents an unfaithful bride who has other lovers. In other words the "harlot" of Rev. 17 represents apostate Christianity.

Rome is the "king of the north" and in ancient times from 312 AD onward to 1798, Rome combined Christianity and political power in one. Thus in Revelation 13 we see a beast with seven heads, representing this combined power of politics and Christianity that morphed from emperors to papacy.

When the beast was wounded in 1798 the political power was severed from the papacy. (Freedom of religion unenforced by any political power became the norm in Christendom)

The picture in Revelation 17 shows that religion (the woman which represents both Catholicism and apostate Protestantism) unite to revive the old papal supremacy politically enforced system.
It is still Papal Rome as the "head" that is healed (apostate Protestantism has ecumenical union with papacy who literally in our day insists she is the "mother church" not a sister)

Papal Rome has always USED political governments to enforce religion when it had the power. And the USA will be the big political power, as well as the 10 horns of European nations, that will give their power to re-establish the oppressive beast of the old papal system when "united religions" under papal leadership will supposedly bring "peace" to the world, but in reality bring the greatest time of trouble this world has ever seen.

concerning your comment on the president--
The USA is having another election next year. The way I see it -- the democrat presidents largely prepares the things for papal take over in political ways, while the republican presidents do more to prepare things for papal take over in religious ways. The time is just ahead when the USA will give their power in the great attempt to elevate the papacy to world primacy.

Re: Identifying the Kings of the North and South - Daniel 11 [Re: His child] #174548
06/23/15 04:36 PM
06/23/15 04:36 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Quote:
[fearfulness about proclaiming what the word of God means before it happens]
Could you show where in the Bible it says the Supreme Court of the U.S. declares independence from God in June 2015?

You're asking dedication how your chosen specific interpretation fits in with her general interpretation?

Re: Identifying the Kings of the North and South - Daniel 11 [Re: dedication] #174575
06/23/15 10:58 PM
06/23/15 10:58 PM
Johann  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Retired Pastor
3000+ Member
Iceland
[

As to your question -- who is Babylon of Rev. 17?

The symbolic woman in prophecy represents the "bride of Christ".
A harlot woman represents an unfaithful bride who has other lovers. In other words the "harlot" of Rev. 17 represents apostate Christianity.

Rome is the "king of the north" and in ancient times from 312 AD onward to 1798, Rome combined Christianity and political power in one. Thus in Revelation 13 we see a beast with seven heads, representing this combined power of politics and Christianity that morphed from emperors to papacy.

When the beast was wounded in 1798 the political power was severed from the papacy. (Freedom of religion unenforced by any political power became the norm in Christendom)

The picture in Revelation 17 shows that religion (the woman which represents both Catholicism and apostate Protestantism) unite to revive the old papal supremacy politically enforced system.
It is still Papal Rome as the "head" that is healed (apostate Protestantism has ecumenical union with papacy who literally in our day insists she is the "mother church" not a sister)

Papal Rome has always USED political governments to enforce religion when it had the power. And the USA will be the big political power, as well as the 10 horns of European nations, that will give their power to re-establish the oppressive beast of the old papal system when "united religions" under papal leadership will supposedly bring "peace" to the world, but in reality bring the greatest time of trouble this world has ever seen.

concerning your comment on the president--
The USA is having another election next year. The way I see it -- the democrat presidents largely prepares the things for papal take over in political ways, while the republican presidents do more to prepare things for papal take over in religious ways. The time is just ahead when the USA will give their power in the great attempt to elevate the papacy to world primacy.

I find it very difficult to disagree with this, dedication. It has been in the development for many year now, closer to its fulfillment these days. We do not see the papacy as the great enemy now because the Muslim powers are doing the killing. A former pope predicted the unification of the muslims with the papacy in the future.

"Here is a last piece of advice. If you believe in goodness and if you value the approval of God, fix your minds on the things which are holy and right and pure and beautiful and good. Model your conduct on what you have learned from me, on what I have told you and shown you, and you will find the God of peace will be with you."
Re: Identifying the Kings of the North and South - Daniel 11 [Re: His child] #174583
06/24/15 04:41 AM
06/24/15 04:41 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia

Blessings His child,

Babylon is made up of the papacy, apostate protestantism and spiritualism. The woman in Revelation 17 has the name written on her forehead, and can not be on her hand, "Mystery, Babylon the Great".

Re: Identifying the Kings of the North and South - Daniel 11 [Re: dedication] #174590
06/24/15 02:44 PM
06/24/15 02:44 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA

You were quoting Alchemy, though I did write to agree that Rome was the "new Babylon".

Thanks for clarifying.

As to your question -- who is Babylon of Rev. 17? ...

Then who is the beast in Revelation 17?
If the papal beast in Revelation 13 is being expanded and explained in rev 17, then how can the woman be Catholicism?

Re: Identifying the Kings of the North and South - Daniel 11 [Re: His child] #174592
06/24/15 03:27 PM
06/24/15 03:27 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland

Then who is the beast in Revelation 17?
If the papal beast in Revelation 13 is being expanded and explained in rev 17, then how can the woman be Catholicism?
I think she said, represents both Catholicism and apostate Protestantism.

Page 14 of 23 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 22 23

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by dedication. 09/06/24 12:53 AM
Fireballs in the Sky
by kland. 09/05/24 09:41 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 09/03/24 05:48 PM
Are All Born Saved and All Choose to be Lost?
by dedication. 09/01/24 04:02 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 09/01/24 03:48 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 08/28/24 02:39 PM
Deep down, are humans basically good?
by kland. 08/28/24 12:10 PM
The fragility of our cultural lifestyle
by kland. 08/28/24 11:29 AM
O Canada for Freedom
by Rick H. 08/24/24 01:54 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by Rick H. 09/07/24 09:49 AM
A campaign against the church
by kland. 09/05/24 09:39 PM
SDA Infiltration by Jesuits?
by kland. 09/05/24 09:37 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by dedication. 09/02/24 04:58 PM
Timeline of the Last Day Events
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:28 PM
Is God letting loose the Four Winds of Strife?
by Rick H. 08/31/24 07:29 AM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:13 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 08/31/24 03:57 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 08/30/24 08:22 PM
LLU Endorses Gay Pride Month!
by kland. 08/28/24 11:36 AM
Perfection, when will we gain it?
by Rick H. 08/24/24 02:18 PM
The Beginning and Ending of the Sabbath
by Rick H. 08/24/24 02:12 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!