HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,217
Posts195,973
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 28
Rick H 26
Daryl 4
asygo 3
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
7 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, 3 invisible), 2,524 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 36 of 54 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 53 54
Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: Mountain Man] #176703
09/07/15 06:47 PM
09/07/15 06:47 PM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Kland, why did Fukushima happen? And, why didn't Jesus intervene and prevent it?

For the same reason why God didn't destroy satan when he first rebelled. People (and angels) wouldn't know WHAT SIN IS and DOES, and would obey God only out of fear.

So God allows satan to demonstrate his type of government.
When will people learn that it is satan's so called "freedom" that has brought terrible destruction, evil, pain, sickness, death.

Instead of trying so hard to blame God for trouble (which is what satan wants us to do)
We should be praising God for every good gift we enjoy, which God has blessed us with, INSPITE of satan's campaigns of evil and destruction. Without God's hand stretched out in love to us, we would not be enjoying the blessings which we do have.

The trouble is -- people take God's gifts for granted as something they are entitled to, in their misplaced ideas that somehow sin is desirable and it's somehow God's fault that all the trouble exists.

When will people learn that sin is TERRIBLE with TERRIBLE results?

The reality is --
THIS SINFUL WORLD is about to plunge into utter destruction.
Our ONLY life line and hope is Jesus Christ our Savior and Deliverer!

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #176704
09/07/15 07:53 PM
09/07/15 07:53 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Back to the subject --

Climate change

While there are some changes in our climate yet the problem lies in the "powers that be" or "want to be greater" making something out of this that goes far beyond the reality, into something which they are attempting to use for their agenda.

Who is at the forefront of this?
The pope!
Why?
He even wrote an encyclical on the subject by which he address not only the people of his church but world leaders.

Why?
What is his purpose?

Next he plans a trip to the USA to personally address the congress on this matter, as well as the UN.

Why?
Why would a pope (the supposed religious leader of a "church") be doing this? His hands are heavily into the politics of the world seeking to overthrow capitalism...
Is that all?

Following this he addresses a meeting on the family (there's no secret that this pope links the wellbeing of family with "sunday")
Will he promote this link to Sunday while in the US?

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #176713
09/08/15 03:06 PM
09/08/15 03:06 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Yes, Jesus sometimes chooses not to intervene and prevent natural and man-made disasters from happening. No doubt one of many reasons why is linked to us learning the terrible consequences of sinning and shoddy workmanship. However, this one reason does not explain why sometimes Jesus does intervene and prevent such things from playing out. The main point being - Jesus leaves nothing to fate, chance, sin, sinners, nature, or evil angels. Nothing happens without His permission and His intimate involvement in managing how things unfold. The outcome of the great controversy is in the hands of Jesus. It is a highly controlled, tightly regulated experiment. Satan is not free to do as he pleases. He is answerable to Jesus. He can only do what Jesus allows him to do. Jesus is in control. He is responsible. When all is said and done the Universe will praise Jesus for orchestrating a perfect outcome.

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: Mountain Man] #176759
09/09/15 11:18 PM
09/09/15 11:18 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
You asked, "If Jesus were to cause the Iranians to . . . ." Do you think Jesus causes people and nations to do things? Or, do you believe He respects freewill? Personally, I do not believe Jesus causes people and nations to do things.
Actually, I didn't ask it that way, but differently. This was only putting in terms you were insisting on.

The question is this. Will you answer it or not?

I mean, a possibility is, to just say that question makes you uncomfortable and you choose not to answer it. That would be better than pretending to answer some other question not asked.

Using fission in general of any material:

What I did ask was:
If Iran were to be allowed to use centrifuges for producing nuclear bombs and missiles, would you say they would be making use of the same destructive power as Japan did by failing to have a backup plan for their nuclear reactors resulting in all kinds of death and destruction?

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: dedication] #176760
09/09/15 11:26 PM
09/09/15 11:26 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: dedication
Back to the subject --

Climate change

While there are some changes in our climate yet the problem lies in the "powers that be" or "want to be greater" making something out of this that goes far beyond the reality, into something which they are attempting to use for their agenda.

Who is at the forefront of this?
The pope!
Why?
He even wrote an encyclical on the subject by which he address not only the people of his church but world leaders.

Why?
What is his purpose?

Next he plans a trip to the USA to personally address the congress on this matter, as well as the UN.

Why?
Why would a pope (the supposed religious leader of a "church") be doing this? His hands are heavily into the politics of the world seeking to overthrow capitalism...
Is that all?

Following this he addresses a meeting on the family (there's no secret that this pope links the wellbeing of family with "sunday")
Will he promote this link to Sunday while in the US?

Yep. As said elsewhere, none of this global warming nonsense made sense. Obviously a jesuit scheme.

I bet lightbulbs are another one. All this promotion about changing your lightbulb to save pennies. Blah, blah, if everyone saved pennies then there would be real savings and we could save the earth. However, changing your thermostat a degree would overpower all your savings of lightbulbs.

But look at the mentality. Same with daylight "savings" time. Nonsense. But it's fixing the mentality. Now everything's in place. We got to save the earth, and by not working one day a week, we can do it. Don't need to make sense. Everyone believes it.

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #176798
09/11/15 03:25 PM
09/11/15 03:25 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: kland
You asked, "If Jesus were to cause the Iranians to . . . ." Do you think Jesus causes people and nations to do things? Or, do you believe He respects freewill? Personally, I do not believe Jesus causes people and nations to do things.
Actually, I didn't ask it that way, but differently. This was only putting in terms you were insisting on.

The question is this. Will you answer it or not?

I mean, a possibility is, to just say that question makes you uncomfortable and you choose not to answer it. That would be better than pretending to answer some other question not asked.

What I did ask was:
If Iran were to be allowed to use centrifuges for producing nuclear bombs and missiles, would you say they would be making use of the same destructive power as Japan did by failing to have a backup plan for their nuclear reactors resulting in all kinds of death and destruction?

Here's what you posted and what I responded to:

Originally Posted By: kland

So now, can you answer the question?

If Jesus were to cause the Iranians to use centrifuges for producing nuclear bombs and missiles, would you say Jesus would be making use of the same destructive power as Jesus did when He caused Japan by failing to have a backup plan for their nuclear reactors resulting in all kinds of death and destruction?

Whatever. Back to your question. "If Iran were to be allowed to use centrifuges for producing nuclear bombs and missiles, would you say they would be making use of the same destructive power as Japan did by failing to have a backup plan for their nuclear reactors resulting in all kinds of death and destruction?"

Okay, one more attempt to answer your question. As I said before, I don't know enough about nuclear material to say, Yes or No. That is, I don't know if the two sources of nuclear material yield the "same destructive power". Do you have a follow up question?

Also, what do you mean by saying Japan made use of destructive nuclear power?

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: dedication] #176800
09/12/15 04:46 AM
09/12/15 04:46 AM
ProdigalOne  Online Content
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Originally Posted By: dedication
Kland, why did Fukushima happen? And, why didn't Jesus intervene and prevent it?

For the same reason why God didn't destroy satan when he first rebelled. People (and angels) wouldn't know WHAT SIN IS and DOES, and would obey God only out of fear.

So God allows satan to demonstrate his type of government.
When will people learn that it is satan's so called "freedom" that has brought terrible destruction, evil, pain, sickness, death.

Instead of trying so hard to blame God for trouble (which is what satan wants us to do)
We should be praising God for every good gift we enjoy, which God has blessed us with, INSPITE of satan's campaigns of evil and destruction. Without God's hand stretched out in love to us, we would not be enjoying the blessings which we do have.

The trouble is -- people take God's gifts for granted as something they are entitled to, in their misplaced ideas that somehow sin is desirable and it's somehow God's fault that all the trouble exists.

When will people learn that sin is TERRIBLE with TERRIBLE results?

The reality is --
Our ONLY life line and hope is Jesus Christ our Savior and Deliverer!

Well said!

"When will people learn that sin is TERRIBLE with TERRIBLE results?"

It won't be much longer. We have such a short time left to warn the world. It is sad and discouraging that the vast majority, sometimes even those closest to us, refuse to listen.
The slightest mention or praise of God makes most turn away in disguist.

I see clouds gathering overhead; I hear angelic voices, pleading! Oh that these precious souls would see past the hypnotic diversions and hear through the confusion of Babel...

"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16
Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #176809
09/12/15 01:17 PM
09/12/15 01:17 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
I have stayed offline for a few months. But it does not look like I missed much.

We are in the endtime now or we are not.

Immediately before Christ comes, Joel describes drought and heat waves and misery.

So is the hand of God bringing about that which He has ordained or is it just a part of the natural cycle?

Skeptics will explain global warming away. But one would hardy expect that mindset to be present in believers.

But Christ did ask if there would be faith upon the earth when He returned.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #176813
09/12/15 10:00 PM
09/12/15 10:00 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Thank-you ProdigalOne, for your comments. That is the truth of our time.

Yet, posts with other comments once again divert the subject from

the reality --
Our ONLY life line and hope is Jesus Christ our Savior and Deliverer --
to the round and round argument of "let's keep arguing over whether God causes the drought and famine, or whether it's an effect of the sinful mismanagement of the earth and abuse of God's laws both physical and moral.

The terrible conditions in the world are the results of manipulation and disregard to the laws our Creator put into nature. The fact that destruction hasn't already occurred centuries or millenniums ago, is because God restrains the effects of evil, giving us more time to come to Him for salvation.

As the Holy spirit is withdrawn from the earth more and more of the terrible results of sin will be seen.

Arguing over whether God causes it or not is senseless, as it's always in God's power to restrain evil, or let sin manifest itself in its true terribleness.

Rev. 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time...that thou.. shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Exactly when God steps in to destroy them which destroy the earth -- will always be open to argument.

But the verse places it at the same time when God steps in to
"give reward unto the servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great";

The main issue is --
How do you stand with Christ, our Savior, Creator, and Redeemer?

Which group will each of us be in?
The group that receives eternal life,
or the group that receives eternal death?

That's the FAITH Christ is seeking --
FAITH in His saving power to redeem us from sin and give us eternal life!
FAITH to walk with Him whether in times of peace or trouble.
FAITH to live for Him, even when the world scorns you.
FAITH -- an abiding, vital, living, and loving relationship with Christ.

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #176814
09/12/15 10:16 PM
09/12/15 10:16 PM
ProdigalOne  Online Content
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
AMEN, dedication!

"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16
Page 36 of 54 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 53 54

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by dedication. 09/18/24 05:00 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 09/11/24 05:20 PM
The Judgment of the Living
by kland. 09/10/24 06:13 PM
Fireballs in the Sky
by kland. 09/10/24 06:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 09/10/24 11:45 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 09/03/24 05:48 PM
Are All Born Saved and All Choose to be Lost?
by dedication. 09/01/24 04:02 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 09/01/24 03:48 PM
Deep down, are humans basically good?
by kland. 08/28/24 12:10 PM
The fragility of our cultural lifestyle
by kland. 08/28/24 11:29 AM
O Canada for Freedom
by Rick H. 08/24/24 01:54 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by dedication. 09/18/24 12:45 AM
SDA Infiltration by Jesuits?
by kland. 09/17/24 11:30 AM
The church appears about to fall.
by dedication. 09/16/24 03:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by kland. 09/05/24 09:39 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by dedication. 09/02/24 04:58 PM
Timeline of the Last Day Events
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:28 PM
Is God letting loose the Four Winds of Strife?
by Rick H. 08/31/24 07:29 AM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:13 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 08/31/24 03:57 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 08/30/24 08:22 PM
LLU Endorses Gay Pride Month!
by kland. 08/28/24 11:36 AM
Perfection, when will we gain it?
by Rick H. 08/24/24 02:18 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!