HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,217
Posts195,963
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 27
kland 24
Daryl 4
asygo 3
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
7 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Kevin H, Daryl, TheophilusOne, 2 invisible), 1,830 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 37 of 54 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 53 54
Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: Mountain Man] #176880
09/15/15 03:50 PM
09/15/15 03:50 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Originally Posted By: kland
Using fission in general of any material:

What I did ask was:
If Iran were to be allowed to use centrifuges for producing nuclear bombs and missiles, would you say they would be making use of the same destructive power as Japan did by failing to have a backup plan for their nuclear reactors resulting in all kinds of death and destruction?

Back to your question. "If Iran were to be allowed to use centrifuges for producing nuclear bombs and missiles, would you say they would be making use of the same destructive power as Japan did by failing to have a backup plan for their nuclear reactors resulting in all kinds of death and destruction?"

Okay, one more attempt to answer your question. As I said before, I don't know enough about nuclear material to say, Yes or No. That is, I don't know if the two sources of nuclear material yield the "same destructive power". Do you have a follow up question?
Do you also not know enough about what "fission" is? What about ionizing radiation?

Quote:
Also, what do you mean by saying Japan made use of destructive nuclear power?
I mean by ionizing fission materials.

I'm guessing after all these attempts to get you to answer the question, and you refusing, answering other questions, or saying you don't know the technical details of nuclear power tells me one thing, not one, but several:
  • You know full well what is being asked, but do not wish to answer it.
  • You know full well that to answer it is to acknowledge what APL has explained to you in the past.
  • You know full well that by answering truthfully you will have to acknowledge you are wrong about interpreting one of your oft quoted passages:
    Quote:
    A single angel destroyed all the first-born of the Egyptians and filled the land with mourning. When David offended against God by numbering the people, one angel caused that terrible destruction by which his sin was punished. The same destructive power exercised by holy angels when God commands, will be exercised by evil angels when He permits. There are forces now ready, and only waiting the divine permission, to spread desolation everywhere. {GC 614.2}
I will assume you know full well, understand my question, and realize I know you do. Whether you answer it or not does not change that.

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: His child] #176881
09/15/15 03:56 PM
09/15/15 03:56 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: His child
We are in the endtime now or we are not.

Immediately before Christ comes, Joel describes drought and heat waves and misery.

So is the hand of God bringing about that which He has ordained or is it just a part of the natural cycle?
If you think what Joel describes is happening now, you have deceived yourself. You haven't seen anything, yet. You will be greatly surprised.

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #176883
09/15/15 04:15 PM
09/15/15 04:15 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
From http://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/envir...arming-industry
For well over a decade now, climate alarmists have been claiming that snow would soon become a thing of the past. In March 2000, for example, “senior research scientist” David Viner, working at the time for the Climatic Research Unit (CRU) at the University of East Anglia, told the U.K. Independent that within “a few years,” snowfall would become “a very rare and exciting event” in Britain. “Children just aren’t going to know what snow is,” he was quoted as claiming in the article, headlined “Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past.”

The very next year, snowfall across the United Kingdom increased by more than 50 percent. In 2008, perfectly timed for a “global warming” legislation debate in Parliament, London saw its first October snow since 1934 — or possibly even 1922, according to the U.K. Register. “It is unusual to have snow this early,” a spokesperson for the alarmist U.K. Met office admitted to The Guardian newspaper. By December of 2009, London saw its heaviest levels of snowfall in two decades. In 2010, the coldest U.K. winter since rec­ords began a century ago blanketed the islands with snow.

After the outlandish predictions of snowless winters failed to materialize, the CRU dramatically changed its tune on snowfall. All across Britain, in fact, global-warming alarmists rushed to blame the record cold and heavy snow experienced in recent years on — you guessed it! — global warming. Less snow: global warming. More snow: global warming. Get it? Good.

From http://thefederalist.com/2015/04/24/seven-big-failed-environmentalist-predictions/
Demographers agree almost unanimously on the following grim timetable: by 1975 widespread famines will begin in India; these will spread by 1990 to include all of India, Pakistan, China and the Near East, Africa. By the year 2000, or conceivably sooner, South and Central America will exist under famine conditions…. By the year 2000, thirty years from now, the entire world, with the exception of Western Europe, North America, and Australia, will be in famine.

I love the part about how “demographers agree almost unanimously.” Sound familiar? I don’t know whether that was really true in 1970, but if they did, they were almost unanimously wrong.

Let’s just take India, where the famines were supposed to start. In 2013, India became the world’s “seventh-largest exporter of agricultural products.” China is prosperous and relatively well-fed—much better than under Mao’s disastrous experiments. Most Latin American countries, which were supposed to be starving fifteen years ago, are also net exporters of grain, fruit, meat, and so on.

If there is one thing that global warming predicts, that is nothing. You just have to wait to see what to blame on it. Yep, blame the weather when bad things happen.

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #176891
09/15/15 08:12 PM
09/15/15 08:12 PM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
From A.T.Jones, written 120 years ago:

"The papacy "can see what is to be." She sees approaching, the time of commotion and upheaval and revolution which careful thinkers also see; which cause statesmen to be uneasy, and which are making rulers to fear: and she proposes to take advantage of it all to exalt herself once more to the place of supremacy among the nations and over their peoples. This is her own definitely laid-out plan, and to know it, is important. She likewise knows that the United States is leading the world, and that this country will therefore necessarily have a leading influence in shaping the solution of "the terrible problem;" consequently, she proposes to control the United States, and through this solve the problem to her satisfaction. {March 28, 1895 ATJ, AMS 97.3}

Has not the papacy had experience in just this course of things? Has not the papacy seen, practically, the world once in its death agony? The Roman Empire,—she saw it go to pieces, and universal anarchy reigning amid the ruins.

She sees the same elements again permeating society and States, the same movements again agitating the nations, and she congratulates herself and exclaims: "Out of the death agony of the world before, I drew life and vigor to myself; upon the ruins of society once, I rose to supremacy over all—I will do it again. {March 28, 1895 ATJ, AMS 97.5}

The "sure word of prophecy" has plain foretold that her scheme will succeed. For thus it stands written: "All that dwell upon the earth shall worship him [the beast, the papacy], whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world." Rev. 13:8. And "she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously," saying "in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow." Rev. 18:7.
And just then, and "Therefore shall her plagues come in one day... {March 28, 1895 ATJ, AMS 97}

All this shows as plainly as need be, that Rome's scheme, as mapped out and published by herself, is certain to succeed, so far as the world and worldly power is concerned; and that her certain triumph that far, is to bring her certain ruin for evermore.... Such is the course, the success, and the end, of this scheme pertaining to the papal "social pax vobiscum" for America and the world. And at this time, and in view of these things, there is heard "another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins,... {March 28, 1895 ATJ, AMS 97.10}

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #176893
09/15/15 11:02 PM
09/15/15 11:02 PM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
I know very little about the details of nuclear energy and ionizing fission materials, other than that scientific knowledge concerning these things has opened the door of making it possible for mankind to seriously mutilate and/or destroy every living thing upon the earth.

I've also been aware that there is/was a big push to convert to nuclear energy because the other energy sources were supposedly emitting to much stuff that caused "climate change". The claim was that nuclear energy was “emissions-free”.

But what about the tons of lethal high-level radioactive waste, and what about the clouds of radio active particles in the atmosphere when something goes wrong?
Any "climate change" is NOTHING compared to what nuclear knowledge has done to destroy the balances God placed in our world.

It's interesting how "climate change" is supposed to be the BIGGEST concern of the world....
Yet the nuclear problems which is by far the greater and more terrible risk is being played down as if it were nothing to worry about.

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: dedication] #176917
09/16/15 02:07 PM
09/16/15 02:07 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: dedication
Any "climate change" is NOTHING compared to what nuclear knowledge has done to destroy the balances God placed in our world.

It's interesting how "climate change" is supposed to be the BIGGEST concern of the world....
Yet the nuclear problems which is by far the greater and more terrible risk is being played down as if it were nothing to worry about.

Amen!

That's what I've been saying. And people patting themselves on the back for changing their light bulbs, but failing to adjust their thermostat. They strain gnats but swallow camels.

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #176918
09/16/15 02:10 PM
09/16/15 02:10 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/french-fo...te-chaos_052014
Obama is partially right (for once). Climate change is a fact, because well, the climate will always and has always changed. It’s just like saying the wind blows or the rain falls. Always has, always will. That’s why the phrase “global warming” was phased out, actually. The data did not support that the globe was actually warming:

Perhaps the most inconvenient fact is the lack of global warming for well over 10 years now… The lack of warming for more than a decade—indeed, the smaller-than-predicted warming over the 22 years since the U.N.’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) began issuing projections—suggests that computer models have greatly exaggerated how much warming additional CO2 can cause. Faced with this embarrassment, those promoting alarm have shifted their drumbeat from warming to weather extremes, to enable anything unusual that happens in our chaotic climate to be ascribed to CO2.

…So the concept of global warming had to be replaced with something that couldn’t be so readily argued with.

Oh, and CO2 is not a pollutant, by the way; it’s a necessary component of the life cycle on this planet.

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #176937
09/18/15 12:13 AM
09/18/15 12:13 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Personally, I have wondered for a long time now why we haven't used thorium or scalar waves instead?

Nikola Tesla figured out the scalar waves and the USA tested thorium at the Oakridge National Laboratory in Tennessee and they both worked fine.

I believe it is the wine of Babylon being forced on our society. The dragon at work in our government.

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: Mountain Man] #177048
09/23/15 08:14 PM
09/23/15 08:14 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Originally Posted By: kland
Tell us, which fits in with our fundamental beliefs better, which explains the great controversy better: Evil men and evil angels torturing innocent women and children or Jesus torturing innocent women and children?

I believe APL's view explains it best, namely, Jesus withdraws His protection and permits evil men and evil angels to torture and kill innocent women and children.
He rightly bases his idea on passages like the following:

Thank you for making that clearer.

Why is it that all this time it appeared to me that you were [maybe ridiculing is too strong, how about mocking] APL for believing this way, that you were questioning how he could possibly believe such a thing?

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #177075
09/25/15 08:41 AM
09/25/15 08:41 AM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
I believe Mountain Man may be absent. He said, he was going on an extended wilderness survival retreat to be filmed for The History Channel.
I'm not sure of his departure date; however, he is supposed to be gone for a quite awhile, I think he said a couple of months.

May God watch over him.

"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16
Page 37 of 54 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 53 54

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by dedication. 09/15/24 02:59 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 09/11/24 05:20 PM
The Judgment of the Living
by kland. 09/10/24 06:13 PM
Fireballs in the Sky
by kland. 09/10/24 06:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 09/10/24 11:45 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 09/03/24 05:48 PM
Are All Born Saved and All Choose to be Lost?
by dedication. 09/01/24 04:02 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 09/01/24 03:48 PM
Deep down, are humans basically good?
by kland. 08/28/24 12:10 PM
The fragility of our cultural lifestyle
by kland. 08/28/24 11:29 AM
O Canada for Freedom
by Rick H. 08/24/24 01:54 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The church appears about to fall.
by dedication. 09/16/24 03:40 AM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by dedication. 09/15/24 11:53 PM
SDA Infiltration by Jesuits?
by dedication. 09/15/24 12:06 PM
A campaign against the church
by kland. 09/05/24 09:39 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by dedication. 09/02/24 04:58 PM
Timeline of the Last Day Events
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:28 PM
Is God letting loose the Four Winds of Strife?
by Rick H. 08/31/24 07:29 AM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:13 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 08/31/24 03:57 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 08/30/24 08:22 PM
LLU Endorses Gay Pride Month!
by kland. 08/28/24 11:36 AM
Perfection, when will we gain it?
by Rick H. 08/24/24 02:18 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!