HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Andrew, Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield
1325 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,223
Posts196,066
Members1,325
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 21
Rick H 16
Daryl 2
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, Dina, dedication, 1 invisible), 1,631 guests, and 15 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 32 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 31 32
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: James Peterson] #180129
04/09/16 12:56 AM
04/09/16 12:56 AM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
James, SDAs believe everyone will be raised. I (& I think Adventist) don't agree with Green's 3 resurrections theory, but putting Green's pre-1st resurrection aside, my understanding is SDAs believe that the 1st resurrection is for only the ones that did "good" and the 2nd resurrection is for the "evil" which constitute everyone else that is raised and end up annihilated.

I now differ from SDAs position. As you probably read my post, I believe that the 1st resurrection is only for the Leaders (those called to reign with Christ Rev 20:6). The 2nd, I believe like you, that all (the ones that did the good deeds and the ones that did the evil deeds) BOTH will be resurrected.

We (Green, SDAs, you, and I) all have some variation in what we believe, but overall I see that we all are saying the same thing that everyone will be raised.

Originally Posted By: James Peterson
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
Originally Posted By: James Peterson
///

EGW's and your lack of Biblical evidence is glaring still.

///

Then prove to me, from the Bible, that God is not merciful. I assumed you would not require proof that God was merciful, but it appears I misunderstood your position. Please show me, from the Bible, where I am wrong. Maybe I read texts like Exodus 34:6-7 differently than you do?

Perhaps it failed to register (on you) that Ellen White failed to provide any biblical evidence for an idea drawn out of thin air (EGW, 1SG 193.1).

On the other hand, Jesus speaks of those who will be better off not having been born:
  • JUDAS: "The Son of Man indeed goes just as it is written of Him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed! It would have been good for that man if he had never been born." (Mark 14:21)

• PEDOPHILES: "It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones." (Luke 17:2)

And, Jesus (and Paul) also speaks about the resurrection of EVERYONE.
  • See John 5:28, "Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which ALL WHO ARE IN THE GRAVES will hear His voice ..."

• See Rom. 14:10-12, "For WE SHALL ALL stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written: 'As I live, says the Lord, Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God.' So then EACH OF US shall give account of himself to God."

According to Jesus Christ (and Paul) then, ALL who are in the graves, we shall ALL (EACH ONE of us) be raised, bow and confess. Therefore, the "STRANGE" idea that only some will be raised (EGW, 1SG 193.1) is false, misleading and beguiling.

///

Blessings
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: kland] #180130
04/09/16 01:03 AM
04/09/16 01:03 AM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: kland
No, Elle, I didn't find where you replied. But the above was to green as he thought I was replying to him.

Originally Posted By: Elle
Originally Posted By: kland
To me the beheading in Rev 20:4 means an overcomer needs to loose its own head by receiving a new mind & will -- the mind of Christ; thus receiving a new HEAD. Jesus is the HEAD of the body of overcomers.
So there are some raised who do not have a new mind and will (and not referring to after the millennium)?

No -- I believe that ALL that are raised at the 1st resurrection will be "beheaded"[spiritually speaking]. For sure some will had suffered a literal form of beheaded death before the grave, but most not. I do not believe that a literal beheading before death is a requirement to attain the 1st resurrection like James is proposing. To me it just doesn't add up with many other scriptures. If that would be so then that would means many like David, Joseph, Jacob, Moses, Paul, John, etc... won't make it just because they didn't die with a physical literal head chopping?

Well at least, that's my view... and I think our Church doesn't holds James view on this text either -- well at least I've never heard of it before. Actually I had never paid any reflection on this "beheaded" words in that verse before. So I'm grateful James brought it up. I had found myself agreeing with James many times, as I have seen him say some pretty profound things; but I'm not agreeing with this one.

But like all things...everyone needs to chew on this, look what other scriptures says, and go to the Holy Spirit with this and let Him tell you His interpretation.

Blessings
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Elle] #180136
04/09/16 02:07 AM
04/09/16 02:07 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
James, SDAs believe everyone will be raised. I (& I think Adventist) don't agree with Green's 3 resurrections theory, but putting Green's pre-1st resurrection aside, my understanding is SDAs believe that the 1st resurrection is for only the ones that did "good" and the 2nd resurrection is for the "evil" which constitute everyone else that is raised and end up annihilated.

Actually, I believe in FOUR general resurrections--but three of those are future.

The very first one was the one that occurred at Jesus' resurrection. Others were resurrected in a "special group" of first-fruits that, in my understanding, have become the elders in heaven spoken of in Revelation. They join Moses, Elijah, and Enoch as witnesses in Heaven for all of humanity that what God has done is fair and good.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Green Cochoa] #180144
04/09/16 05:17 PM
04/09/16 05:17 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Actually, I believe in FOUR general resurrections--but three of those are future.

The very first one was the one that occurred at Jesus' resurrection. Others were resurrected in a "special group" of first-fruits that, in my understanding, have become the elders in heaven spoken of in Revelation. They join Moses, Elijah, and Enoch as witnesses in Heaven for all of humanity that what God has done is fair and good.

Could it be possible that you do not understand all these verses? That there's more to it than what you read superficially?

Rev 20:5,6 repeats twice that the FIRST(not the 3rd or 2nd) resurrection takes place before the Millennium at Jesus 2nd coming. And then the bible tells us there's another resurrection after the Millennium. To me these verses tells me there's 2 resurrections.

Blessings
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Elle] #180145
04/09/16 09:12 PM
04/09/16 09:12 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient

Could it be possible that you do not understand all these verses? That there's more to it than what you read superficially?

Rev 20:5,6 repeats twice that the FIRST(not the 3rd or 2nd) resurrection takes place before the Millennium at Jesus 2nd coming. And then the bible tells us there's another resurrection after the Millennium. To me these verses tells me there's 2 resurrections.

Elle,

Is one who rejects truth trying to instruct someone else to do likewise? I have it on good authority that people were raised with Jesus and taken to heaven as first-fruits of His work of redemption here on earth. Furthermore, consider when Revelation was written. If the author were looking forward in time, there would have been no need to consider this first special resurrection.

In fact, there are two "mass" resurrections and two special resurrections. Each of the special resurrections may include only a small, select group--one for saints, one for the lost. Again, with the mass resurrections, one is for saints, one is for the lost. The Bible is clear on the two mass resurrections as to who each is for and at what point they occur in relation to earth's history.

When the Bible uses terms like "first," it does so just as we might in modern English. Sometimes it really means the "original," such as the first Adam, and sometimes it simply refers to the order in which something occurs, such as the first day, month, or year, or the "first covenant" which actually came after the so-called "new covenant" in terms of its origination but comes before it in terms of its application to the followers of God. Nor do such terms intend to be an exhaustive list in and of themselves. One could easily study the scriptures and find many more covenants between mankind and God than simply two, and yet we do not see the Bible numbering them all. Why? It numbers the two that are most important. There is no need to speak of 1) Adamic Covenant, 2) Noachian Covenant, 3) Abrahamic Covenant, 4) Jacobic Covenant, 5) Israelite Covenant, etc. when two simple covenants can better help us to understand the most important truths for us to know. I would humbly suggest that these resurrections, in like manner, typify the two contrasted themes that have special importance for us.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Green Cochoa] #180149
04/10/16 05:58 AM
04/10/16 05:58 AM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: GreenC
Is one who rejects truth trying to instruct someone else to do likewise?

ouch!

I have it on good authority

Who? Peor?

Originally Posted By: Greenc
that people were raised with Jesus and taken to heaven as first-fruits of His work of redemption here on earth.

The Bible doesn't say that those raised were a)taken to heaven b)were firstfruits. Where did you get that? Not from scriptures. This is the text in question :

AV Mt 27:51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; 52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

This is the only text in the gospels that talks about it. No other gospels or Paul or other writers refers to this. Thus we do not have a 2nd witness for this text.

The text doesn't say that those who were raised :

a)who exactly were these people -- "saints" is vague

b)that they were raised to immortality. Most likely they were raised back to life like all the others previous to them like Lazarus and the little sick girl and then died like any other.

c)that they were the firstfruits.

d)that they went to heaven. The text says they went to the city of Jerusalem where many people saw them.

So again GreenC you are filling up the gaps(Peor) with things that the Bible doesn't say. In another word -- you are adding to scriptures.

Furthermore, consider when Revelation was written. If the author were looking forward in time, there would have been no need to consider this first special resurrection.

Are you still talking about Mat 27?

In fact, there are two "mass" resurrections and two special resurrections.

According to scriptures, to me it says that the 1st resurrection is restrictive by only calling the Leaders. Rev 20:5.
Originally Posted By: elle
B4. The 1st Resurrection of the Overcomers : The day of Trumpet was known by the Jewish circle as “the day of the Awakening Blast”. My view is the first resurrection happens at the Feast of trumpet. However, those that are alive are only changed at the 1st day of the Feast of Tabernacle. So there's a 14 days gap of time before these two groups of Overcomers get’s unified. The Day of Atonement is in between these two events. The purpose of the 1st resurr. event is to prepare the hearts of all the believers for the day of Atonement. It is important because it will bring much repentance amongst the Church leaders and members. I think Joel 2:12-18 indicates that the Church leaders will blow the Jubilee trumpet on that day.

But for this subject at hand, it is important to note that the 1st resurrection is a restrictive resurrection that calls only the Leaders of the Kingdom as Rev 20:4-6 indicates.

Rev 20:4-6 “And I saw the thrones, and they that sat upon them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the soul of those who had been beheaded…who had not worshipped the beast…; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 This is the first resurrection. 6. Blessed and holy is the one who has part in the first resurrection;….they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years.

Law: The command given to Moses to construct two trumpets(Num 10:4) which suggest two resurrection. The blowing of one trumpet summoned the priests and leaders (Num 10:4); whereas two trumpets blown summoned the whole congregation(Num 10:3).

Scriptures : 1Thes 4:16(notice trumpet is in singular form); Rev 20:4-6; 1Kg 17:17-24; Joel 2:1-11;
Literal : Only the leaders[Overcomers] are raised. Those that are alive are changed 14 days later at the 1st day of Tabernacle.

The 2nd resurrection is a "mass" resurr. of all the rest that didn't make the 1st resurr. restricted to the leaders (Rev 20:6). This "mass" resurr. is all of those who did the "good deeds" and of those that did the "evil deeds". John 5:28,28

Originally Posted By: elle
C8. The 2nd Resurrection :

The first resurrection is described as a selective resurrection of those who will rule with Christ during the Millennium in Rev 20:4 (see event #B4). Only one trumpet was blown in 1 Thes 4:16 and 1Cor 15:52 by which in Num 10:4 says it summons only the Leaders. And again consistently, Jesus also associated the sound of “a trumpet” to “gather together his elect ” in Mat 24:31.

All the texts associated with the 2nd resurrection have no mentions of trumpet or trumpets; however it describes the group in some way as “all” or “the rest” :

-Rev 20:5 : “But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished.

-John 5:28 : “ ALL who are in the tombs shall hear His voice, 29 and shall come forth; those who did the good deeds…, those who commited the evil deeds…”. John 5 says it is ALL who are in the tombs hear His voice. Contrasting this verse with the 1st resurr. in 1 Thes 4:16 worded as “the dead in Christ”; that does not mean all is in this resurrection but only those in Christ

-Rev 20:12 : ““the dead, the great and the small”. This implies ALL.

-Acts 24:15 : “that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust. ” Paul says there’s A(one or a certain) resurrection for both “the just and unjust”. This is a similar text as John 5.

Law: The two trumpets Moses commanded to build. One trumpet sound
Scriptures : 1st: 1Thes 4:16; Rev 20:4,6; Mat 24:31; 1 Cor 15:52; 2nd: John 5:28,28; Acts 24:15; Rev 20:5;
Literal : All who remains in the graves (those that does good deeds and those that does evil deeds) resurrect.

Each of the special resurrections may include only a small, select group--one for saints, one for the lost. Again, with the mass resurrections, one is for saints, one is for the lost.

Nice theory but too bad it doesn't speak according to the Law. Moses made two trumpets.(see text comments under the Law heading in B4 about the 1st resurr.) The sounding of one trumpet summoned only the Leaders, whereas the sounding of two trumpets summoned the whole congregation.

These describes the two resurrections:
the 1st is a restrictive for the leaders only,
the 2nd is a "mass" for the remaining congregation (the goods & the evil)

Your theory doesn't talk according to the law.

The Bible is clear on the two mass resurrections as to who each is for and at what point they occur in relation to earth's history.

No to me the Bible is clear (see texts above of the two resurrections) there's only one restrictive resurr. for the Leaders and one "mass" resurr. in relation to the law and scriptures.

Blessings
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Daryl] #180151
04/10/16 06:39 AM
04/10/16 06:39 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Another witness...
Originally Posted By: Ellen White
Christ arose from the dead as the first fruits of those that slept. He was the antitype of the wave sheaf, and His resurrection took place on the very day when the wave sheaf was to be presented before the Lord. For more than a thousand years this symbolic ceremony had been performed. From the harvest fields the first heads of ripened grain were gathered, and when the people went up to Jerusalem to the Passover, the sheaf of first fruits was waved as a thank offering before the Lord. Not until this was presented could the sickle be put to the grain, and it be gathered into sheaves. The sheaf dedicated to God represented the harvest. So Christ the first fruits represented the great spiritual harvest to be gathered for the kingdom of God. His resurrection is the type and pledge of the resurrection of all the righteous dead. "For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with Him." 1 Thessalonians 4:14. {DA 785.4}

As Christ arose, He brought from the grave a multitude of captives. The earthquake at His death had rent open their graves, and when He arose, they came forth with Him. They were those who had been co-laborers with God, and who at the cost of their lives had borne testimony to the truth. Now they were to be witnesses for Him who had raised them from the dead. {DA 786.1}

During His ministry, Jesus had raised the dead to life. He had raised the son of the widow of Nain, and the ruler's daughter and Lazarus. But these were not clothed with immortality. After they were raised, they were still subject to death. But those who came forth from the grave at Christ's resurrection were raised to everlasting life. They ascended with Him as trophies of His victory over death and the grave. These, said Christ, are no longer the captives of Satan; I have redeemed them. I have brought them from the grave as the first fruits of My power, to be with Me where I am, nevermore to see death or experience sorrow. {DA 786.2}

These went into the city, and appeared unto many, declaring, Christ has risen from the dead, and we be risen with Him. Thus was immortalized the sacred truth of the resurrection. The risen saints bore witness to the truth of the words, "Thy dead men shall live, together with My dead body shall they arise." Their resurrection was an illustration of the fulfillment of the prophecy, "Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead." Isaiah 26:19. {DA 786.3}

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Green Cochoa] #180156
04/10/16 12:08 PM
04/10/16 12:08 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
That is not a witness, it's a commentary that need to be tested.

1. I hear that the Desired of Ages is one of the book that was made clear that Ellen White didn't write. It was her secretary that wrote it. However, it seems that Ellen did approve it and put her name on it. I say "it seems" as history is known to be distorted by the Jesuit. Regardless, all things has to be tested with scriptures. Including what I say and I hope you don't mind that I will test all that you say as it is our Christian duty as Ellen & James & Deut 13 & other scriptures say so.

2. No where in scripture does it say that those that was raise were raised to immortality.

3. No where in scripture does it say that they were the firstfruits. Actually that goes against what Paul said. He said they were the firstfruits and no one of them got changed to immortality yet and they all died.

4. If this was the raising of the firstfruits and a group raised to immortality -- at least one of the other disciples and apostles would of commented on it. That would of been a huge event. No one comments on it because these people wasn't raised to immortality and weren't firstfruits.

5. Jesus was the wave sheaf -- the firstfruits of the Barley harvest. When a firstfruits was presented at the temple, it blessed the harvest and everyone went to harvest their entire field. The harvest was not a partial harvest as what you are suggesting. So right there, to me you are not speaking according to the law. Everything that needed to be harvested for the Barley was harvested at the same time. The law forbids anyone to harvest anything before the wave sheaves was presented at the temple.

Jesus was the HEAD of the first Harvest of Barley. The Barley Harvest represents the Leaders- the overcomers at the 1st resurrection. They constitute the BODY of the first harvest. And the Barley Harvest (those raised at 1st resurr. + those alive) will be unified together as a group just before Jesus 2nd coming when the HEAD will be attached to the BODY together representing the Barley Firstfruits Harvest.

Their's 3 harvests, the next one is the Wheat harvest that represents the Church people that still have some leaven in them. The Wheat harvest is Pentecost which the main sacrifice was two loaves of leaven bread. They will gain their immortality robe once they are tested by fire and receives their lashing (whatever this means in a literal fulfilment).

The third harvest is the Grapes that represents the unbelievers. They are those whose name are not in the book of life and are cast in the lake of fire which is the execution their judgment is some form of servitude until the Great Jubilee comes. Then they will be return to their lost inheritance which is the glorified immortal body.

Another witness...
Christ arose from the dead as the first fruits of those that slept. He was the antitype of the wave sheaf, and His resurrection took place on the very day when the wave sheaf was to be presented before the Lord. For more than a thousand years this symbolic ceremony had been performed. From the harvest fields the first heads of ripened grain were gathered, and when the people went up to Jerusalem to the Passover, the sheaf of first fruits was waved as a thank offering before the Lord. Not until this was presented could the sickle be put to the grain, and it be gathered into sheaves. The sheaf dedicated to God represented the harvest. So Christ the first fruits represented the great spiritual harvest to be gathered for the kingdom of God. His resurrection is the type and pledge of the resurrection of all the righteous dead. "For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with Him." 1 Thessalonians 4:14. {DA 785.4}

As Christ arose, He brought from the grave a multitude of captives. The earthquake at His death had rent open their graves, and when He arose, they came forth with Him. They were those who had been co-laborers with God, and who at the cost of their lives had borne testimony to the truth. Now they were to be witnesses for Him who had raised them from the dead. {DA 786.1}

During His ministry, Jesus had raised the dead to life. He had raised the son of the widow of Nain, and the ruler's daughter and Lazarus. But these were not clothed with immortality. After they were raised, they were still subject to death. But those who came forth from the grave at Christ's resurrection were raised to everlasting life. They ascended with Him as trophies of His victory over death and the grave. These, said Christ, are no longer the captives of Satan; I have redeemed them. I have brought them from the grave as the first fruits of My power, to be with Me where I am, nevermore to see death or experience sorrow. {DA 786.2}

These went into the city, and appeared unto many, declaring, Christ has risen from the dead, and we be risen with Him. Thus was immortalized the sacred truth of the resurrection. The risen saints bore witness to the truth of the words, "Thy dead men shall live, together with My dead body shall they arise." Their resurrection was an illustration of the fulfillment of the prophecy, "Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead." Isaiah 26:19. {DA 786.3}

Blessings
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Elle] #180157
04/10/16 12:48 PM
04/10/16 12:48 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
That is not a witness, it's a commentary that need to be tested.

1. I hear that the Desired of Ages is one of the book that was made clear that Ellen White didn't write. It was her secretary that wrote it. However, it seems that Ellen did approve it and put her name on it. I say "it seems" as history is known to be distorted by the Jesuit. Regardless, all things has to be tested with scriptures.

2. No where in scripture does it say that those that was raise were raised to immortality.

3. No where in scripture does it say that they were the firstfruits. Actually that goes against what Paul said. He said they were the firstfruits and no one of them got changed to immortality yet and they all died.

4. If this was the raising of the firstfruits and a group raised to immortality -- at least one of the other disciples and apostles would of commented on it. That would of been a huge event. No one comments on it because these people wasn't raised to immortality and weren't firstfruits.

5. Jesus was the wave sheaf -- the firstfruits of the Barley harvest. When a firstfruits was presented at the temple, it blessed the harvest and everyone went to harvest their entire field. The harvest was not a partial harvest as what you are suggesting. So right there, it is not speaking according to the law. It was the whole field that was harvested.

Jesus was the HEAD of the first Harvest of Barley. The Barley Harvest represents the Leaders- the overcomers at the 1st resurrection. They constitute the BODY of the first harvest. And the Barley Harvest (those raised at 1st resurr. + those alive) will be unified together as a group just before Jesus 2nd coming when the HEAD will be attached to the BODY together representing the Barley Firstfruits Harvest.

Their's 3 harvests, the next one is the Wheat harvest that represents the Church people that still have some leaven in them. The Wheat harvest is Pentecost which the main sacrifice was two loaves of leaven bread. They will gain their immortality robe once they are tested by fire and receives their lashing (whatever this means in a literal fulfilment).

The third harvest is the Grapes that represents the unbelievers. They are those whose name are not in the book of life and are cast in the lake of fire which is the execution their judgment is some form of servitude until the Great Jubilee comes. Then they will be return to their lost inheritance which is the glorified immortal body.

Another witness...

Elle,

I know not whom you would believe. Only yourself, I fear. Nevertheless, here is another witness, but perhaps I already know you will reject it, just like the keepers of the vineyard did with the messengers their Lord sent.

Originally Posted By: John Nevins Andrews
Our evidence established two points: 1. The fact that the sanctuary should be cleansed at the end of the 2300 days, and that they should terminate in the seventh month, 1844. 2. The types in the example and shadow of heavenly things, set before us the work of the high priest in the seventh month, viz.: his act of passing from the holy place to the holiest of all, to cleanse the sanctuary. We reasoned, that as the paschal lamb, which was slain on the fourteenth day of the first month, met its antitype in the death of the Lamb of God, on that day (Ex. 12:3-6, 46; 1 Cor. 5:7; John 18:23; 19:36); and the offering of the first-fruits on the sixteenth day of that month, met its antitype in the resurrection of Christ, on that day, the first fruits of them that slept (Lev. 28:10, 15; 1 Cor. 15:20, 23; Matt. 28:1, 2); and the feast of Pentecost met its antitype on the day of its occurrence {1872 JNA, S23D 94.3}

And another witness...

Originally Posted By: Joseph Bates
This text is clear, emphatic, and repeated; which distinctly teaches Christ the first fruits of them that slept; afterwards they that are Christ's at his coming, when both the dead and living will be the first fruits to God and the lamb conjointly. To harmonize the type, the saints at Christ's second coming are the next or second fruits to God at the second or last harvest in the 7th month, the revolution, or ingathering of the year, the feast of Tabernacles. Another writer J.Porter, states, that Jesus took these saints that arose at Jerusalem right up to his Father, and then received his power, and returned the same day; and he might also have added, travelled with the two to Emmaus, seven and a half miles; and as others will have it, was back time enough to keep the whole day with his disciples, for the first Sabbath after his resurrection. If we really want the truth, God will give it to us, but not by rejecting other truths. {1848 JB, SC3 219.1}
Now let us see whether the description of character given in these five verses of the 144,000, will apply to the saints that arose in Jerusalem at the resurrection. In the first place, these were never numbered. Second - The record is entirely silent about their being united in their trials and experience, so sing a peculiar song of their own. Third - These were not redeemed form among men, on the earth, but out from among the dead. Fourth - They could not be the first fruit before the harvest, for Paul says, "Christ the first fruits, afterwards they that are Christ's at his coming," (second coming,) not them that were his at his going away at his first advent, - first harvest. That would be a clear perversion of the text; we must wait for the second harvest for the next fruit, 7th month. Fifth - To say that they were virgins, and not defiled with women, is only admitting what we know nothing about. Sixth - John saw the messenger that sealed, and says the number was 144,000; all this, was sixty years what transpired at Jerusalem. This is out of the limits of his vision; and what will, and does forever, destroy this erroneous view is, that the four winds are to be holden by the four Angel nations, until the whole number were sealed, and they have not let go yet; unless it can be proved that it was done 1800 years ago. That old Jerusalem was called a holy place; see Exo.9:8; Acts 6:13; also the testimony of Jesus, Matt.24:15 {1848 JB, SC3 219.2}

And another one...

Originally Posted By: Steven Nelson Haskell
The priest did not enter the temple with only one head of grain, he waved a handful before the Lord; neither did Jesus come forth from the grave alone, for "many bodies of the saints which slept arose, and came out of the graves after His resurrection." 4 While the Jews were preparing to perform the empty service of the offering of first-fruits in the temple, and the Roman soldiers were telling the people that the disciples had stolen the body of Jesus, these resurrected saints went through the streets of the city, proclaiming that Christ had indeed risen. 5 {1914 SNH, CIS 110.1}
It is a sad fact that even the disciples who loved their Lord were so blinded that they could not recognize the fact that
the time had come for the appearance of the great Antitype of the service they had yearly celebrated all their lives; and even when they listened to the announcement of His resurrection, it seemed to them as an idle tale, and they believed it not. 6 But God never lacks for agents. When living human beings are dumb, He awakens sleeping saints to perform his appointed work. In the type the grain was waved in the temple, and to fulfil the antitype Christ must present Himself and the company who had risen with Him before God in the first apartment of the heavenly temple. {1914 SNH, CIS 110.2}
In the early morning of the resurrection day, when Jesus appeared to Mary, she fell at His feet to worship Him, but Jesus said to her, "Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to My Father: but go to My brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto My Father, and your Father; and to My God, and your God." 7 In these words Jesus notified His followers of the great event to take place in heaven, hoping that on earth there might be an answering chord to the wonderful rejoicing in heaven; but just as they had slept in the garden on the night of Christ's agony, and failed to give Him their sympathy, 8 so now, blinded by unbelief, they failed to share the joy of the Saviour's great triumph. Later on the same day Jesus appeared to His followers, and allowed them to hold Him by the feet and worship Him, 9 showing that in the meantime He had ascended to His Father. {1914 SNH, CIS 111.1}
Paul tells us that when Christ ascended up on high, "He led a multitude of captives." 10 In speaking of them in Rom. 8:29,30, he tells how this company of resurrected saints, who came forth from their graves with Christ, were chosen. They were "predestinated," then called, "and whom He called, them He also justified: and whom He justified, them He also
glorified". This was done that "He might be the first-born among many brethren." This company was composed of individuals chosen from every age, from that of Adam down to the time of Christ. They were no longer subject to death, but ascended with Christ as trophies of His power to awaken all that sleep in their graves. As the handful of grain in the typical service was a pledge of the coming harvest, so these saints were a pledge of the innumerable company that Christ will awaken from the dust of the earth when He comes the second time as King of kings and Lord of lords. 11 {1914 SNH, CIS 111.2}
Little did the inhabitants of earth dream of the wonderful antitypical offering of first-fruits that was being celebrated in the heavenly temple at the time the Jews were carrying out the empty forms in the temple on earth. {1914 SNH, CIS 112.1}

Another one...

Originally Posted By: Alonzo Trevier Jones
Now, what next becomes of these? In his resurrection from the dead, Christ was "the first fruits of them that slept." 1 Cor. 15:20. In connection with his resurrection also "many bodies of the saints which slept arose, and came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many." Matt. 27:50-53. This "multitude of captives" Jesus led when he ascended up on high. Eph. 4:8, margin. In this resurrection of the saints he "spoiled" the "principalities and powers" that were at enmity with God. And when he led these saints "up on high," this was his triumph over these principalities and powers. Col. 2:15. {January 30, 1900 ATJ, ARSH 72.3}
This resurrection of Christ and the saints was the antitype of the wave offering of "the first fruits" of the harvest, which, annually, on the sixteenth day of the first month, was waved before the Lord. Lev. 23:10-12. That wave sheaf of the first fruits offered to the Lord was a sample of the whole harvest. Accordingly, Christ and these saints rising fro the dead, "the first fruits of them that slept," as the antitype of that wave sheaf of the first fruits in the Levitical law, were a sample of the whole harvest of saints that should be gathered from all the earth, in all ages. As with these, so with all the others. And as these ascended up on high with Christ when he ascended, so will all the other saints from this world ascend up on high with Christ when he ascends again. {January 30, 1900 ATJ, ARSH 72.4}
Those who ascended to heaven with Jesus in triumph, after his resurrection, were seen by John in heaven. "And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; and hast made us unto our God kings and priests." Rev. 5:9, 10. {January 30, 1900 ATJ, ARSH 72.5}

Are they all Jesuits, Elle, who would understand things differently than you?

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Green Cochoa] #180158
04/10/16 01:57 PM
04/10/16 01:57 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Are they all Jesuits, Elle, who would understand things differently than you?

We do not know who in our early Church history were with the Jesuits or with the Masons. So in the post above you are making an assumption that all those men were not. Let us suppose that all were not, we still have to test everything they say.

Here's a quote from another discussion with a link.
There is an old picture from the 1888 conference having all the men(5 of them) sitting next to Ellen in the front row doing the masson's secret hidden hand symbol. There is an interesting discussion here on this forum about this. Only from the picture there's a large possibility that the SDA Church was infiltrated as early as 1888 or even sooner. So to me those that suspect any writings beyond 1881 is not that far fetch.

This picture does suggest that our church was heavily infiltrated within our leaders as early as 1888 that started sometimes before. This dark history of our Church, it is hidden to us. Thus, this support why the Lord told us in Deut 13 to test all things.

As I have seen in the other discussion you are very strong in adding to scriptures and giving many assumptions while treating them as truth. I hope you don't mind that I will test everything you say and not take these men's quotes as witnesses.

To my understanding of what a true witnesses are, they only will repeat the Lord's word and speak as Moses Deut 18 (meaning they won't contradict the Law or the testimonies(manner of keeping the law -- Is 20:8).

Just because you found some people within the Church pioneers holding your position; doesn't mean what they spoke came from Jesus mouth and that they are true witnesses.

Blessings
Page 12 of 32 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 31 32

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 10/15/24 12:56 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 10/14/24 12:13 PM
Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John
by dedication. 10/13/24 12:51 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 10/10/24 12:36 PM
The October 7th Massacre and Zechariah 9 Prophecy
by dedication. 10/08/24 05:41 PM
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 10/01/24 11:56 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by Rick H. 09/28/24 10:02 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 09/22/24 02:05 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 10/15/24 05:21 PM
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by kland. 10/15/24 05:12 PM
What Should Be Our Response to the "Sunday Laws"?
by dedication. 10/13/24 01:08 AM
Understanding the 1290 & 1335 of Daniel 12?
by dedication. 10/11/24 02:16 PM
Are The Prophecies Important?
by dedication. 10/08/24 04:18 PM
The Beast and the Image Beast
by Rick H. 10/05/24 04:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 10/03/24 11:50 PM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by kland. 10/03/24 12:06 PM
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!