HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Andrew, Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield
1325 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,223
Posts196,070
Members1,325
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 19
Rick H 16
Daryl 2
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Kevin H, Karen Y, daylily, TheophilusOne), 1,877 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 19 1 2 17 18 19
Re: Why or why not accept Mrs. White as a prophet? [Re: Green Cochoa] #189585
05/27/19 10:50 AM
05/27/19 10:50 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
James, I am very much like Matt Goodro in that I have sincerely, thoroughly investigated my beliefs. I am different in that I came to the conclusion Jesus is everything He claims to be. I am saddened Matt and Christina concluded otherwise.

Re: Why or why not accept Mrs. White as a prophet? [Re: Nadi] #189587
05/27/19 06:56 PM
05/27/19 06:56 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Nadi
Originally Posted By: James Peterson
There is ABSOLUTELY no need for Ellen White.
Well I will agree with that right off.

I agree. That is, emphasis on should absolutely be no need.
And so does Ellen White:

But there are not many of you that really know what is contained in the Testimonies. You are not familiar with the Scriptures. If you had made God's Word your study, with a desire to reach the Bible standard and attain to Christian perfection, you would not have needed the Testimonies. It is because you have neglected to acquaint yourselves with God's inspired Book that He has sought to reach you by simple, direct testimonies, calling your attention to the words of inspiration which you had neglected to obey, and urging you to fashion your lives in accordance with its pure and elevated teachings. 119 {CCh 92.5}

Re: Why or why not accept Mrs. White as a prophet? [Re: Green Cochoa] #189596
05/28/19 09:24 AM
05/28/19 09:24 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
I am not fond of the Testimonies that rebuke and reprimand people who are living in violation of God's will. I find them unsettling. I also cringe when I read similar messages in the Bible. God often rebuked the Jews for refusing to live in harmony with His will, promising to punish them, discipline them - knowing it was necessary to lead them to repentance and revival. Unfortunately, very rarely did it end well for God and the Jews. Super sad. Breaks my heart to read about it. Feel so sorry for God. He endures much grief because of our unwillingness to love and obey Him.

Re: Why or why not accept Mrs. White as a prophet? [Re: kland] #189836
06/25/19 04:38 PM
06/25/19 04:38 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted by kland
Originally Posted by Nadi
Originally Posted by James Peterson

It's rather interesting that ONLY SDA need Ellen White. Why? I wonder. Out of all the Christians in this world, about 3 billion people, ONLY SDA need Ellen White. Have you ever thought of that?

Everyone else can come to know God and enter through the gates into Paradise by simply reading the Testimony of his disciples, as John testifies, "And truly Jesus did many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book; but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name." John 20:30-31

Consider the experience of the Ethiopian eunuch with the disciple Philip in Acts 8:26-39. See how it ended? He went on his way rejoicing.

As simple as that.

///

Re: Why or why not accept Mrs. White as a prophet? [Re: Green Cochoa] #189840
06/25/19 07:53 PM
06/25/19 07:53 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Were you aware that many of the prophets in what is now the Old Testament were also rejected by the people of their era?

Some good examples are Elijah. and Jeremiah and this was when they were not a part of the Old Testament, as that became a part of the Bible much later. In fact, I would be curious to know how much later.

Will need to see what I can find out about that.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Why or why not accept Mrs. White as a prophet? [Re: Daryl] #189842
06/26/19 12:41 AM
06/26/19 12:41 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Yes, you're right: Elijah and Jeremiah and Ezekiel among others; and even Jesus, who said, "A prophet is not without honor except in his own country, among his own relatives, and in his own house." Mark 6:4.

But the age of the prophets passed with the death of John the Baptist according to Jesus, "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it." Luke 16:16. In the Christian era, we do not rely on prophets, seers (as it were) of the invisible realm, but on the Testimony of those who have seen, moreover walked and talked with God (i.e. Jesus Christ) face to face and lived. The disciples bore witness of what the angels told them, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven." Acts 1:11

The pure, simple, unadulterated gospel of salvation, of life in Christ has been preached since then. There is hope of life after death. All who believe will not perish. Do you believe, Daryl? That's all there is to it. As God sent His Son, so we have been sent into the world to preach the glad tidings, to heal the broken and to help the downtrodden. Mat. 25:31-46

But the RCC, SDA, JW and LDS have taken the GOSPEL and made it a Pharisaical burden, a bloated thing of a thousand doctrines on paper to sign on pain of excommunication and needful things to do and not do. Mat. 23:15

///

Re: Why or why not accept Mrs. White as a prophet? [Re: Green Cochoa] #189843
06/26/19 07:32 AM
06/26/19 07:32 AM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Wasn't John the Apostle, who eventually wrote the book of Revelation considered a prophet?

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Why or why not accept Mrs. White as a prophet? [Re: Daryl] #189846
06/26/19 10:28 AM
06/26/19 10:28 AM
N
Nadi  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2020
Canada
Originally Posted by Daryl
Were you aware that many of the prophets in what is now the Old Testament were also rejected by the people of their era?

EGW and her writings have often been "compared" to Biblical writers as constituting some sort of "proof" of her prophetic office. Though some people may consider this sound evidence, I do not.

"Our vision is often more obstructed by what we think we know than by our lack of knowledge." K. Stendahl
Re: Why or why not accept Mrs. White as a prophet? [Re: Daryl] #189849
06/26/19 12:51 PM
06/26/19 12:51 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted by Daryl
Wasn't John the Apostle, who eventually wrote the book of Revelation considered a prophet?

• Yes, he is considered to be; but his was not an office, occupation or profession (like that of the Old Testament prophet-hoods). He received a message which he delivered. "I, John, ... was on the island that is called Patmos for the word of God and for the testimony of Jesus Christ." Rev. 1:9 And having received the Testimony of Jesus Christ, he "bore witness to the word of God, and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, to all things that he saw." Rev. 1:2

Notice it is called the Testimony of Jesus Christ, the Revelation which God gave to Him to show to us. The introduction is careful to point out who is the prophet: not John but Jesus Christ. John also says, "No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him." John 1:18.

• In other words, in Jesus Christ, we have a man who has revealed the fullness of the revelation of God. The book of Hebrews states this well, "God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son ..." Heb. 1:1-2 And at the end of the Revelation, there is that solemn warning:

"For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. He who testifies to these things says, Surely I am coming quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus! The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen." Rev. 22:18-21

• Why then, in spite of that dire warning, did Joseph Smith and Ellen White purport to be some new testimony of jesus christ and a sop? And why are millions today mesmerized by their claim like moths to the flame? 2 Corinthians 3:15-18

///

Re: Why or why not accept Mrs. White as a prophet? [Re: James Peterson] #189876
06/27/19 01:20 PM
06/27/19 01:20 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted by kland
Originally Posted by Nadi

It's rather interesting that ONLY SDA need Ellen White. Why? I wonder. Out of all the Christians in this world, about 3 billion people, ONLY SDA need Ellen White. Have you ever thought of that?

Everyone else can come to know God and enter through the gates into Paradise by simply reading the Testimony of his disciples, as John testifies, "And truly Jesus did many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book; but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name." John 20:30-31

Consider the experience of the Ethiopian eunuch with the disciple Philip in Acts 8:26-39. See how it ended? He went on his way rejoicing.

As simple as that.

///

James, People needed Ellen White before there were such thing as SDAs. Ellen White gave writings before there were SDAs. You knew that. There was a need before SDAs. Those who recognized that need came together to search it out. Eventually they organized as SDAs.

Page 19 of 19 1 2 17 18 19

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John
by dedication. 10/21/24 01:01 AM
Understanding the Battle of Armageddon
by dedication. 10/19/24 03:08 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 10/15/24 12:56 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 10/14/24 12:13 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 10/10/24 12:36 PM
The October 7th Massacre and Zechariah 9 Prophecy
by dedication. 10/08/24 05:41 PM
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 10/01/24 11:56 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by Rick H. 09/28/24 10:02 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 09/22/24 02:05 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by dedication. 10/21/24 08:37 PM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 10/15/24 05:21 PM
What Should Be Our Response to the "Sunday Laws"?
by dedication. 10/13/24 01:08 AM
Understanding the 1290 & 1335 of Daniel 12?
by dedication. 10/11/24 02:16 PM
Are The Prophecies Important?
by dedication. 10/08/24 04:18 PM
The Beast and the Image Beast
by Rick H. 10/05/24 04:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 10/03/24 11:50 PM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by kland. 10/03/24 12:06 PM
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!