HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,217
Posts195,973
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 28
Rick H 26
Daryl 4
asygo 3
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
7 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, 3 invisible), 2,528 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Account of an Un-recorded End-Time Vision/Dream by E. G. White [Re: kland] #138240
12/19/11 01:48 PM
12/19/11 01:48 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
1 saved in 20 = 5 in 100= 50 in 1,000= 500 in 10,000 = 5,000 in 100,000 = 50,000 in 1,000,000 = 650,000 saved in 13,000,000.

Interesting and somber figures.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Account of an Un-recorded End-Time Vision/Dream by E. G. White [Re: Charity] #197982
09/16/24 05:27 AM
09/16/24 05:27 AM
Rick H  Offline
Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted by Charity
This account of a dream or vision by Ellen White seems to be reliable. The witnesses themselves are reliable but I haven't confirmed that Johnson's account is verbatim. I got it from Elder Richard Gates a couple days ago who got it from his son David Gates of Gospel Ministries International, the mission pilot/TV media ministry. If true, it's sobering.

A statement by Ellen G. White
Elmer M. Johnson

Brother Will Ross, now deceased, was a personal friend of mine for about 45 years. In our church fellowship we very often spent Sabbath afternoons discussing his experience in the message, and his conversations with Mrs. EGW.

About 1908, while living in Loma Linda near Sister White, he frequently accompanied her in her walks, and would discuss the message and future events. On one of these occasions, while waiting at the railroad depot, in company with Sister McInterfer, and Elder D. R. Robinson, her granddaughter’s husband, Sister White related to the three of them about the storm of persecution that was to come upon Seventh Day Adventists. Brother Will Ross related it to me as follows:

“Sister White told us as we three stood there on the depot platform, that a terrible storm of persecution was coming like a windstorm that blew down every standing object. There was not a Seventh Day Adventist to be seen. They, like the disciples, forsook Christ and fled. All who had sought positions were never seen any more.

“After the storm there was a calm, then the Adventists arose like a great flock of sheep, but there were no shepherds. They all waited in earnest prayer for help and wisdom, and the Lord answered by helping them to choose leaders from among them who had never sought positions before. They prayed earnestly for the Holy Spirit which was poured out upon them, making them fully ready for service. They then went forth ‘fair as the moon, clear as the sun, and terrible as an army with banners’ to give the message to the world.”

“I was astonished, and asked if that applied to Loma Linda, as we were looking in that direction Sister White replied to my question by stating that it applied to the entire denominational world. It so stunned me that I did not ask any more questions.” Will Ross, Boulder, Colorado.

In the year 1943 when Elder D.R. Robinson was visiting the churches in Colorado, I was serving on the platform that Sabbath that Elder Robinson visited the Boulder church having with him the large Bible which Sister White held in her hand and leafed through during one of her visions.

At the close of the service Brother Ross spoke with Elder Robinson when he, Sister Mcinterfer and Sister White were standing on the depot platform visiting together, and Sister White related to him about the terrible storm of persecution that was coming upon Seventh-day Adventists. Elder Robinson replied, “Yes, Brother Ross, I remember it.”

So I documented this reply January 16th, 1946, not wishing to forget this important narration related to my Brother Ross. I frequently discussed it with him in later years, and his statement never varied.

A statement by Ellen G. White, confirmed by Elder D.R. Robinson, who was present.
Recorded by Bro. Elmer M. Johnson

Really sobering isn't it. It doesn't have to come true IMO. The prophecy with the disciples was "strike the shepherd and the sheep shall be scattered" but we're told that didn't have to come true. I'm going to pray and fast that it doesn't. Please join me if you can. Jacob's curse on Levi that his seed would be scattered in Israel was turned into a blessing and he was given something better than lands. He inherited the Lord and His work.

It is on the ellenwhitedefend site... https://www.ellenwhitedefend.com/SOP-Library/History-Defense/LOMALIND.pdf
And there is more it seems..

"A STORM IS COMING: WM 1030
A TEMPEST IS COMING
'The tempest is coming, and we must get ready for its fury by having repentance
toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus. The Lord will arise to shake terribly the
earth. We shall see troubles on all sides. Thousands of ships will be hurled into the
depths of the sea. Navies will go down, and human lives will be sacrificed by millions.
Fires will break out unexpectedly, and no human effort will be able to quench them. The
palaces of earth will be swept away in the fury of the flames. Disasters by rail will be
more and more frequent; confusion, collision, and death without a moment's warning will
occur on the great lines of travel. The end is near, probation is closing. Oh, let us seek
God while he may be found, call upon Him while He is near.' Messages to Young
People, 89-90.

The following message that Ellen White related in Loma Linda back in 1908 in
the presence of her secretary, (Sr. Mclnterfer) and Elder D. E. Robinson (the husband of
her granddaughter Ella White) and W. E. Ross, should be of profound interest to all
concerned, knowing that it is applicable to the time we are living in at the present time.

Here is the message as related by W. E. Ross:
'About 1908, with Sr. Mclnterfer (her Secretary and Brother D. E. Robinson (her
granddaughter's husband) present, and myself Sister White told us that a terrible storm
of persecution was coming, like a windstorm that would blow down every standing
object. Not one Seventh-day Adventist was to be seen. They, like the disciples, all
forsook Christ and fled. All who had sought positions were never seen anymore. After
the storm there was a great calm. Then the Seventh-day Adventist's arose like a flock of
sheep, but without shepherds. They all united in earnest prayer to God who answered by
helping them choose leaders of their number who had never sought positions. They
prayed most earnestly again for God's Holy Spirit, which was poured upon them, making
them fully ready for service. They then unitedly went forth 'as an army with banners'
fearlessly and fully to give the message to all the world.' Related by W. E. Ross.

The brother who related this testimony said, 'I was surprised and asked, whether
this refers to Loma Linda. Her answer that this vision refers to the entire denominational
Adventist people in all the world. 'This startled me,' he said, 'So that I did not dare ask
further questions.'

..... https://www.sdadefend.com/MINDEX-C/A-Storm-Coming.pdf

Last edited by Rick H; 09/16/24 05:34 AM.
Re: Account of an Un-recorded End-Time Vision/Dream by E. G. White [Re: Charity] #197990
7 hours ago
7 hours ago
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Here is another account of a RECORDED vision by Ellen White (Life Sketches 190-193, also in Second Volume of Testimonies to the Church 594-597).

While at Battle Creek in August, 1868, I dreamed of being with a large body of people. A portion of this assembly started out prepared to journey. We had heavily loaded wagons. As we journeyed, the road seemed to ascend...
As we journeyed on, the road grew narrower and steeper. In some places it seemed so very narrow that we concluded that we could no longer travel with the loaded wagons. We then loosed them from the horses, took a portion of the luggage from the wagons and placed it upon the horses, and journeyed on horseback.

As we progressed, the path still continued to grow narrow. We were obliged to press close to the wall, to save ourselves from falling off the narrow road down the steep precipice. As we did this, the luggage on the horses pressed against the wall, and caused us to sway toward the precipice. We feared that we should fall, and be dashed in pieces on the rocks. We then cut the luggage from the horses, and it fell over the precipice. We continued on horseback, greatly fearing, as we came to the narrower places in the road, that we should lose our balance, and fall. At such times, a hand seemed to take the bridle, and guide us over the perilous way.

As the path grew more narrow, we decided that we could no longer go with safety on horseback, and we left the horses and went on foot, in single file, one following in the footsteps of another. At this point small cords were let down from the top of the pure white wall; these we eagerly grasped, to aid us in keeping our balance upon the path. As we traveled, the cord moved along with us. The path finally became so narrow that we concluded that we could travel more safely without our shoes; so we slipped them from our feet...

At every change, some were left behind, and those only remained who had accustomed themselves to endure hardships....

Our danger increased, we could not place our feet fully upon the path, for it was too narrow. We then suspended nearly our whole weight upon the cords, exclaiming: ?We have hold from above! We have hold from above!?....
Much of the time we were compelled to suspend our whole weight upon the cords, which increased in size as we progressed....

At length we came to a large chasm, at which our path ended. There was nothing now to guide the feet, nothing upon which to rest them. Our whole reliance must be upon the cords, which had increased in size, until they were as large as our bodies. Here we were for a time thrown into perplexity and distress. We inquired in fearful whispers, ?To what is the cord attached?? My husband was just before me. Large drops of sweat were falling from his brow, .. agonizing groans came from his lips. The sweat was dropping from my face, and I felt such anguish as I had never felt before. A fearful struggle was before us. Should we fail here, all the difficulties of our journey had been experienced for naught.

Before us, on the other side of the chasm, was a beautiful field of green grass...For a moment we hesitated to venture. Then we exclaimed: ?Our only hope is to trust wholly to the cord. It has been our dependence all the difficult way. It will not fail us now.? Still we were hesitating and distressed. The words were then spoken: ?God holds the cord.
My husband then swung himself over the fearful abyss into the beautiful field beyond. I immediately followed. And oh, what a sense of relief and gratitude to God we felt! I heard voices raised in triumphant praise to God.

Let me grasp the golden chain that is let down from heaven to earth, and let it draw me up to God and glory. This is my ambition; this is my aim. 2T 593

Re: Account of an Un-recorded End-Time Vision/Dream by E. G. White [Re: Charity] #197991
6 hours ago
6 hours ago
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Another vision recorded:

(This message was given at a time when leading brethren in Battle Creek were working against them.)
As I was thus thinking, a portion of the vision given me at Rochester, December 25, 1865, came like a flash of lightning to my mind, and I immediately related it to my husband: {1T 583.1}
I was shown a cluster of trees standing near together, forming a circle. Running up over these trees was a vine which covered them at the top and rested upon them, forming an arbor. Soon I saw the trees swaying to and fro, as though moved by a powerful wind. One branch after another of the vine was shaken from its support until the vine was shaken loose from the trees except a few tendrils which were left clinging to the lower branches. A person then came up and severed the remaining clinging tendrils of the vine, and it lay prostrated upon the earth. {1T 583.2}

The distress and anguish of my mind as I saw the vine
lying upon the ground was beyond description. Many passed and looked pityingly upon it, and I waited anxiously for a friendly hand to raise it; but no help was offered. I inquired why no hand raised the vine. Presently I saw an angel come to the apparently deserted vine. He spread out his arms and placed them beneath the vine and raised it so that it stood upright, saying: "Stand toward heaven, and let thy tendrils entwine about God. Thou art shaken from human support. Thou canst stand, in the strength of God, and flourish without it. Lean upon God alone, and thou shalt never lean in vain, or be shaken therefrom." I felt inexpressible relief, amounting to joy, as I saw the neglected vine cared for. I turned to the angel and inquired what these things meant. Said he: "Thou art this vine. All this thou wilt experience, and then, when these things occur, thou shalt fully understand the figure of the vine. God will be to thee a present help in time of trouble."
{1T 583.3}

God speaks through humans who have consecrated their lives to Him, and desires His church to encourage and strengthen each other, yet we are not to put our trust in humans. Satan's biggest efforts are targeted against those who know and teach truth, to get them to depend on things other than Christ, and thus lead those who look and lean on them, away from Christ.
Lean upon God alone, and thou shalt never lean in vain.

As trials thicken around us, both separation and unity will be seen in our ranks. Some who are now ready to take up weapons of warfare will in times of real peril make it manifest that they have not built upon the solid rock; they will yield to temptation. Those who have had great light and precious privileges but have not improved them will, under one pretext or another, go out from us.--6T 400 (1900).
Many a star that we have admired for its brilliance will then go out in darkness.--PK 188

The leaders of the people {of Israel} yielded to the temptations of Satan, and God could not give them the blessings He designed them to have, because they did not obey His voice but listened to the voice and policy of Lucifer. This experience will be repeated in the last years of the history of the people of God, who have been established by His grace and power. Men whom He has greatly honored will in the closing scenes of this earth's history pattern after ancient Israel. {13MR 379.2}

Our duty is to look to Christ. Place our full dependence and trust on HIM!
Others we thought would be pillars of strength that we could lean on, may fail, and even urge or coerce us to join them, but Christ will never fail, it is HE that will carry us through if we depend upon and follow HIM!

Last edited by dedication; 5 hours ago.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by dedication. 09/18/24 05:00 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 09/11/24 05:20 PM
The Judgment of the Living
by kland. 09/10/24 06:13 PM
Fireballs in the Sky
by kland. 09/10/24 06:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 09/10/24 11:45 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 09/03/24 05:48 PM
Are All Born Saved and All Choose to be Lost?
by dedication. 09/01/24 04:02 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 09/01/24 03:48 PM
Deep down, are humans basically good?
by kland. 08/28/24 12:10 PM
The fragility of our cultural lifestyle
by kland. 08/28/24 11:29 AM
O Canada for Freedom
by Rick H. 08/24/24 01:54 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by dedication. 09/18/24 12:45 AM
SDA Infiltration by Jesuits?
by kland. 09/17/24 11:30 AM
The church appears about to fall.
by dedication. 09/16/24 03:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by kland. 09/05/24 09:39 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by dedication. 09/02/24 04:58 PM
Timeline of the Last Day Events
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:28 PM
Is God letting loose the Four Winds of Strife?
by Rick H. 08/31/24 07:29 AM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:13 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 08/31/24 03:57 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 08/30/24 08:22 PM
LLU Endorses Gay Pride Month!
by kland. 08/28/24 11:36 AM
Perfection, when will we gain it?
by Rick H. 08/24/24 02:18 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!