HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,220
Posts196,016
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 27
Rick H 15
Daryl 1
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, TheophilusOne, Karen Y, 2 invisible), 1,841 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John #198023
10/01/24 03:42 PM
10/01/24 03:42 PM
dedication  Online Content OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
The themes in the gospel written by John the apostle.

We've just finished the study of the gospel written by Mark.
Mark took us on a whirl wind tour of Christ's life on earth as the Messiah.
His was probably the first gospel written.

This new quarter we look at an account of the gospel written much later, after the news of the gospel had been preached in much of the Roman Empire. A new generation was on the scene that was not alive when Jesus was on earth. A lot of things had changed, including the fall the of Jerusalem in 70 AD. John, himself, who was probably the youngest of the disciples, was now an old man, the last still alive of the original twelve.

In many ways it was written for us, who never had the physical Jesus among us. We need to find and believe in Jesus by faith, not sight.
"That we may BELIEVE that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God and that believing we may have life in His name." John 20:30
This statement is for us.
"Jesus said to Thomas, because you have seen me, you believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed." John 20:29

Reply Quote
Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Re: Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John [Re: dedication] #198026
10/03/24 12:59 PM
10/03/24 12:59 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
SIGNS
People kept asking for signs.
John 2:18 "What sign do you show to us, seeing that You do these things?
John 6:30 "What sign do you show us then, that we may see, and believe thee? what do you work?

The people want signs.
What John is pointing out is that the signs were given, they were in plain sight, BUT the people still did not believe and demanded Jesus show a sign that they specify at the time they they specify. Yet, Jesus never produced a sign at their demand. If they had eyes to see and ears to hear they would recognize the signs were all there. If they chose not to believe, no display of signs would be given at their request to satisfy their curiosity or their false expectations.

The gospel of Christ was a stumbling block to them because they demanded signs instead of a Saviour. They expected the Messiah to prove His claims by mighty deeds of conquest, to establish His empire on the ruins of earthly kingdoms. {COL 34.4}
Some such sign [like Joshua commanding the sun to stand still] was demanded of Jesus. But these signs were not what the Jews needed. No mere external evidence could benefit them. What they needed was not intellectual enlightenment, but spiritual renovation. {DA 406.1}

Reply Quote
Re: Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John [Re: dedication] #198027
10/03/24 02:55 PM
10/03/24 02:55 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
John chose to write about seven miracles as signs.
All of them point to Christ's ministry and our need for Christ to work a spiritual renovation in our lives.

1. Water Into Wine (John 2:1-11) Six empty jars of stone were filled with water which He then turned into wine. These six stone jars normally held water used for ceremonial cleansing, but He turned it to wine, the symbol of His cleansing blood.

2. Healing the Nobelman?s Son (John 4:43-54) A lesson on the necessity of faith! Do we take Jesus at His word and believe, or demand more evidence.

3. The Healing at the Pool of Bethesda (John 5:1-15) Do we want to be made whole? No man devised method or law can make us whole. Only Jesus can.

4. The Feeding of the 5000 (John 6:1-5) Physical food is for the moment, it perishes, but Jesus says I AM the bread of life. He who comes to me will never be hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty (John 6:35). Do not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting life, which the Son of Man will give you (6:27)

5: Walking on the Water (John 6:16-25) A storm was threatening the disciples' lives when they saw Jesus walking toward them on the water. The Master of earth and sea! When they recognized Him they let him into the boat and immediately reached their destination. Without Him, they were struggling, sinking, but with Him they arrived.

6: Healing The Man Born Blind (John 9:1-41) Physical blindness is contrasted with the spiritual blindness of many. Jesus said He came so the blind would see and those who claim they can see, but refuse to really see, would become blind.

7. Cleansing of the temple. (John 2) Cleansing the soul temple from sin. Jesus death on the cross tears down the old and builds up the new.

Reply Quote
Re: Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John [Re: dedication] #198030
Yesterday at 08:23 PM
Yesterday at 08:23 PM
Rick H  Offline

Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted by dedication
John chose to write about seven miracles as signs.
All of them point to Christ's ministry and our need for Christ to work a spiritual renovation in our lives.

1. Water Into Wine (John 2:1-11) Six empty jars of stone were filled with water which He then turned into wine. These six stone jars normally held water used for ceremonial cleansing, but He turned it to wine, the symbol of His cleansing blood.

2. Healing the Nobelman?s Son (John 4:43-54) A lesson on the necessity of faith! Do we take Jesus at His word and believe, or demand more evidence.

3. The Healing at the Pool of Bethesda (John 5:1-15) Do we want to be made whole? No man devised method or law can make us whole. Only Jesus can.

4. The Feeding of the 5000 (John 6:1-5) Physical food is for the moment, it perishes, but Jesus says I AM the bread of life. He who comes to me will never be hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty (John 6:35). Do not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting life, which the Son of Man will give you (6:27)

5: Walking on the Water (John 6:16-25) A storm was threatening the disciples' lives when they saw Jesus walking toward them on the water. The Master of earth and sea! When they recognized Him they let him into the boat and immediately reached their destination. Without Him, they were struggling, sinking, but with Him they arrived.

6: Healing The Man Born Blind (John 9:1-41) Physical blindness is contrasted with the spiritual blindness of many. Jesus said He came so the blind would see and those who claim they can see, but refuse to really see, would become blind.

7. Cleansing of the temple. (John 2) Cleansing the soul temple from sin. Jesus death on the cross tears down the old and builds up the new.
He gave the ones that help the people and gave honor and glory to God, and showed the work that God does..

Reply Quote
Re: Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John [Re: dedication] #198033
Yesterday at 11:17 PM
Yesterday at 11:17 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

The focus on SEVENS in John's writings.

We know there are a lot of sevens in Revelation.
Seven churches, seven spirits, seven candlesticks, seven stars, seven lamps, seven seals, seven horns, seven eyes, seven trumpets, seven angels, seven thunders, seven heads, seven crowns, seven plagues, seven vials, seven mountains, seven kings.

But we usually don't hear that much about the sevens in the gospel written by John.

He gives seven miracles which are called signs. Signs of what?
"they are written that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name." 20:31

There are seven I AM statements:

In the Old Testament, God revealed His name to Moses: ?I AM WHO I AM. Exodus 3:14.
When Jesus said: In (John 8:58) , Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM. The verbs Jesus uses are in stark contrast with each other: Abraham was, I AM.
The Jews understood Jesus was claiming to be one with God, and they picked up stones to stone Him. They understood what John also told us was true, in the first verse of this gospel, but they would not believe.

John records seven I AM statements of Jesus.

1. "I am the bread of life. (John 6:35, 41, 48, 51)
2. "I am the light of the world. (John 8:12; 9:5)
3. "I am the door. (John 10:7 and 9,)
4. "I am the good shepherd. (John 10:11, 14)
5. "I am the way and the truth and the life. (John 14:6)
6. "I am the true vine. (John 15:1, 5).
7. "I am the resurrection and the life. (John 11:25)

"I am He" (John 18:4?6) and the mob drew back and fell to the ground, for at that moment (for a brief moment) His divinity flashed through His humanity. But they still would not believe.

Reply Quote
Re: Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John [Re: dedication] #198034
3 hours ago
3 hours ago
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Lesson One

The Wedding in Cana
John 2:11 This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.
John 2:11 NKJV, This beginning of signs Jesus did in Cana of Galilee and manifested His glory and His disciples believed in Him.

There are several things that help us better understand our Savior.

1. He showed His sympathy for people, and His desire to minister to their happiness, coming into close contact with people in their daily lives: linking Himself with the interests of humanity.
2. He mingled with people to benefit them and to win their friendship, rejoice with them.
3. He honored the marriage covenant by performing His first miracle to enhance the wedding. By attending this feast, Jesus honored marriage as a divine institution.

Why did He answer His mother the way He did?
1. It was not a rude remark, though it sounds that way in English.
2. Mary, for thirty years had treasured the events of His birth in her heart, but did not understand her Son's mission. Like others she was eager for Him to finally declare Himself, show His power, take the throne and bring freedom and peace to Israel.
Jesus gently told her that time was not now.
3. A mother is the guide of the child's early life, but Jesus was not only the "son of man" He was the "Son of God", even at the age of twelve, He gently pointed out that He needed to be about His Father's business. He had come to do His heavenly Father's will, and though He loved and respected His earthly parents, His heavenly Father's will for His life was His guide.

What spiritual truth did this miracle provide?
1. Those water pots were generally used to hold water for purification rituals. The water represented baptism into His death; the wine, the shedding of His blood for the sins of the world.

"At the first feast, the wedding in Cana, He attended with His disciples, Jesus gave them the cup that symbolized His work for their salvation. At the last supper He gave it again, in the institution of that sacred rite by which His death was to be shown forth "till He come." 1 Corinthians 11:26

2. "To the mind of Jesus the gladness of the wedding festivities pointed forward to the rejoicing of that day when He shall bring home His bride to the Father's house, and the redeemed with the Redeemer shall sit down to the marriage supper of the Lamb....
Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honor to Him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and His wife hath made herself ready." "Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb." Revelation 19:6, 7, 9. {DA 151.1}

Reply Quote
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John
by dedication. 10/05/24 12:11 AM
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 10/01/24 11:56 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 09/30/24 11:43 AM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 09/29/24 11:55 PM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by Rick H. 09/28/24 10:02 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 09/22/24 02:05 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 09/11/24 05:20 PM
The Judgment of the Living
by kland. 09/10/24 06:13 PM
Fireballs in the Sky
by kland. 09/10/24 06:04 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by dedication. 10/05/24 02:34 AM
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 10/03/24 11:50 PM
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by dedication. 10/03/24 05:45 PM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by kland. 10/03/24 12:06 PM
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
SDA Infiltration by Jesuits?
by kland. 09/17/24 11:30 AM
The church appears about to fall.
by dedication. 09/16/24 03:40 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!