HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Andrew, Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield
1325 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,223
Posts196,066
Members1,325
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 21
Rick H 16
Daryl 2
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, Dina, dedication, 1 invisible), 1,508 guests, and 15 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Tuberculosis In Milk? #31288
06/06/02 04:52 PM
06/06/02 04:52 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
I received an email with an article about tuberculosis in the milk in Califoria. Below is the link to the article:

http://notmilk.com/tuberculosis.html

quote:
The time will come when milk can not be used as freely as it is now used; but the present is not the time to discard it.... {TSDF 120.12}

But I wish to say that when the time comes that it is no longer safe to use milk, cream, butter, and eggs, God will reveal this. No extremes in health reform are to be advocated. The question of using milk and butter and eggs will work out its own problem. At present we have no burden on this line. Let your moderation be known unto all men. {TSDF 120.13}

I would think that the time is here.

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

[ June 06, 2002, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: Avalee ]

Re: Tuberculosis In Milk? #31289
06/06/02 05:43 PM
06/06/02 05:43 PM
Wendy F  Offline
Veteran Member
USA
YUCK!!! [Frown] [Eek!]

Re: Tuberculosis In Milk? #31290
06/06/02 06:54 PM
06/06/02 06:54 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
Wendy you took the words right out of my mouth..I started to write the same word but forgot....Double YUCK!!!!

Re: Tuberculosis In Milk? #31291
06/07/02 02:31 AM
06/07/02 02:31 AM
L
Linda Sutton  Offline
Charter Member
2500+ Member
USA
Definitely not appetizing! (Pretend the little green face has his tongue stuck out, not blowing a raspberry)

It has been common knowledge among those who work with cattle that TB transfers from cows to humans, as dairy farmers used to get the disese and, I am sure, still do.

Re: Tuberculosis In Milk? #31292
06/07/02 02:53 PM
06/07/02 02:53 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
A few months ago on the radio or TV I heard on the news about how TB was on the rise here in CA. Seems like they were saying it was because of so many people coming from foreign countries. Makes me wonder now just who it is coming from. I mention to a co-worker yesterday about the cows in Tulare haveing TB and how it can be passed to us. She said she did not believe it and had to have her milk. When it comes to appetite we just do not want to beleive the things we love could hurt us. I am so thankful I gave up milk long ago. But then there is the milk by products:D

Re: Tuberculosis In Milk? #31293
06/08/02 03:07 AM
06/08/02 03:07 AM
Sarah Moss  Offline
Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
I have to admit, I don't often feel blessed in having to watch my diet, but I am beginning to see more and more that the things that I groan about are actually blessings. It's healthier to not eat/drink dairy and now seems it will protect me from many other diseases... Next time I crave ice cream, I'll remember that! [Smile] (Hopefully it will make me feel better for not eating it, if nothing else!)

It helped me quit gelatin when I finally found out what it was all about . . . there is a double yuck!

Re: Tuberculosis In Milk? #31294
06/07/02 06:36 PM
06/07/02 06:36 PM
Wendy F  Offline
Veteran Member
USA
Just peruse the entire http://www.notmilk.com website and you may end up like I did yesterday.....not being able to eat anything!!! [Eek!]

I had such a hard day yesterday...I was starving. But that website did it for me. No more letting a little cheese slide through just cause the pizza is free. [Frown] waaaaah!!!

Well praise the Lord for revealing all truths to us so we can be healthier.
[Reading]

Re: Tuberculosis In Milk? #31295
06/07/02 10:14 PM
06/07/02 10:14 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
Wendy I understand how you feel. A friend of mine from church gave me a book to read about meat. Boy after reading that book it wiped out all desire for eating meat. Matter of fact it ruined my appetite for food altogether in a way. Maybe someday it will come back...but for right now I am just eating to live...The name of the book is:
International Meat Crisis. My friend gave it to on a Sabbath and my other friend and I went to the park to eat lunch before our afternoon meeting. I was finished already so stated to read the book out loud to Myrna. Yuck. Boy I can not understand when we know these things that are done with the meat we eat that we would continue to eat it. This book sure cured me of any desire for meat. Yuck!!!!!! [Tasty]

Re: Tuberculosis In Milk? #31296
06/08/02 02:54 AM
06/08/02 02:54 AM
Edward F Sutton  Offline
Charter Member
Most Dedicated Member
Zanesville, OH 43701
Then there's the website www.madcowboy.com

I think the time is far past when animal derived foods were safe. In fact when we came back to the SDA faith, it was 4 months before my head cleared after returning to a veggie diet, before I could begin to understand abstract concepts like I used to and relearn how to pray & study . Linda would discuss things with me & I would just have a blank look of non comprehension on my face, and that really scared her. We were always so intellectually on a par before, but that really scared her. She had to explain it to me later, it went over my head then.

Diet has a lot to do with the mind. What these quotes talk about happened to me, only God was able to draw me back. I experienced everything this quote talks about, it's all true.

"Eating the flesh of dead animals is deleterious to the health of the body, and all who use a meat diet are increasing their animal passions and are lessening their susceptibility of the soul to realize the force of truth and the necessity of its being brought into their practical life.--Letter 54, 1896, p. 5. (To Dr. J. H. Kellogg, July 10, 1896.) {4MR 384.1}

Eating the flesh of dead animals has an injurious effect upon spirituality. When meat is made the staple article of food, the higher faculties are overborne by the lower passions. These things are an offense to God, and are the cause of a decline in spiritual life. . . . Whatever we do in the line of eating and drinking should be done with the special purpose of nourishing the body, that we may serve God to Him name's glory. The whole body is the property of God, and we must give strict attention to our physical well-being, for the religious life is closely related to physical habits and practices.--Letter 69, 1896, pp. 3, 5. (To Brother McCullagh, July 11, 1896.) {4MR 384.2}

The Lord has been teaching His people that it is for their spiritual and physical good to abstain from flesh eating. There is no need to eat the flesh of dead animals.--Letter 83, 1901, p. 1. (To "Dear Brethren and Sisters," July 15, 1901.) {4MR 384.3}

What we eat and drink has an important bearing on our lives, and Christians should bring their habits of eating and drinking into conformity with the laws of nature. We must sense our obligations toward God in these matters. Obedience to the laws of health should be made a matter of earnest study; for willing ignorance on this subject is sin. Each one should feel a personal obligation to carry out the laws of healthful living. {4MR 385.1}

Many turn away from the light, provoked because a word of caution is given, and ask, "May we not do as we please with ourselves?" Did you create yourselves? Did you pay the redemption price for your souls and bodies? If so, you belong to yourselves. But the word of God declares, "Ye are bought with a price," "the precious blood of Christ." The word of God tells us plainly that our natural habits are to be strictly guarded and controlled. "Abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul. If we diligently heed its precepts, we shall be conformed, physically and spiritually into the image of God.--Letter 103, 1896, pp. 10, 11. (To the workers in Sydney, July 17, 1896.) {4MR 385.2}

Indulgence in meat-eating, and tea-drinking and other forms of self-pleasing is injurious to the health of body and the soul. . . . Every indulgence of perverted appetite is a fleshly lust which wars against the soul. By your large meat-eating you are placing in your stomach that which animalizes you. While strengthening the animal propensities, you are weakening the higher, holier attributes, which you so need to cultivate. Your sensibilities are blunted, so that you cannot discern sacred things. {4MR 385.3}

BTW TB in cattle is called Brucalosis (sp?) and people can & do get it. TB can affect any & every organ of the body, not just the lungs. When a dairy herd is milked all the milk goes in one tank. There is also bovine (cattle) Lukemia that transmits through dairy products. Cancer is a virus. There is also a virus that passes in dairy that destroys the iles of langrahand (sp) in the pancreas - AKA instant type 1 (brittle-insulin dependent) diabetes [the kind Newstart & CHIP can not reverse].

Perhaps after Sabbath I ought to see if any substitutionary recipes are posted for dairy. If you take away - replace with as good or better.

BTW Casin (the milk protein) accelerates tumor growth. I shudder to think how much casin I used to eat & drink in stubborness.

[ June 08, 2002, 12:03 AM: Message edited by: Edward F Sutton ]

Re: Tuberculosis In Milk? #31297
06/09/02 02:06 AM
06/09/02 02:06 AM
John H.  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
North Carolina, USA
Here's a link to the California Department of Food and Agriculture's press release about this:

http://www.cdfa.ca.gov/exec/pa/pressreleases/PressRelease.asp?PRnum=02-031

Of course they say, "The quality and safety of milk and meat products in California are not threatened by this animal disease." Saying anything else would cost the dairy and beef cattle industries a lot of money, would it not.

[ June 08, 2002, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: John ]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 10/15/24 12:56 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 10/14/24 12:13 PM
Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John
by dedication. 10/13/24 12:51 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 10/10/24 12:36 PM
The October 7th Massacre and Zechariah 9 Prophecy
by dedication. 10/08/24 05:41 PM
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 10/01/24 11:56 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by Rick H. 09/28/24 10:02 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 09/22/24 02:05 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 10/15/24 05:21 PM
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by kland. 10/15/24 05:12 PM
What Should Be Our Response to the "Sunday Laws"?
by dedication. 10/13/24 01:08 AM
Understanding the 1290 & 1335 of Daniel 12?
by dedication. 10/11/24 02:16 PM
Are The Prophecies Important?
by dedication. 10/08/24 04:18 PM
The Beast and the Image Beast
by Rick H. 10/05/24 04:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 10/03/24 11:50 PM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by kland. 10/03/24 12:06 PM
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!