HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,217
Posts195,976
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 30
Rick H 26
Daryl 4
asygo 3
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, TheophilusOne, Karen Y, Daryl, Kevin H, 1 invisible), 2,900 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
The Sins of Babylon Laid Open #42151
05/04/02 11:54 PM
05/04/02 11:54 PM
L
Linda Sutton  Offline OP
Charter Member
2500+ Member
USA
Anyone who has been following the news in the USA has to be aware of the scandle that is rocking the Catholic church in America. Pedophile priests have been abusing children, expecially boys, for years. The recent case in Boston that sent a (now) former priest to prison has opened wide a door to something that the church had tried to keep quiet for decades. It has been so bad, that the pope called the American archbishops to Rome a couple of weeks ago. According to polls, most Americans don't think it accomplished much.

Back in Boston, another priest has been charged with rape in a case brought by the now grown man and his parents. He was six at the time this crime was taking place. To add insult to injury, Boston Archbishop Law has said that the boy and his parents are at least partly to blame for this heinous crime!

What a terrible secret to have laid open to public view, that many in the priesthood, who must take vows of celibacy, are homosexual pedophiles. The funding for Catholic charities and other projects has slowed dramatically because of it.

But there is more.

In Europe, the papers last year were crying a similar story, but this time involving nuns. You can access information about it in the article The Harlotry Of Rome

quote:
The Rape of Nuns By Priests in 23 Countries – It’s Official.

Dr. Ian R.K. Paisley

In ‘The Independent’ of 21st March 2001 glared the heading of a report, ‘Vatican Confirms Report of Sexual Abuse and Rape of Nuns by Priests in 23 Countries’.

Doesn't the Bible say, Be sure your sins will find you out?

Re: The Sins of Babylon Laid Open #42152
05/05/02 08:16 AM
05/05/02 08:16 AM
Ikan  Offline
Very Dedicated Member
Plowing
Sorry Linda; not trying to hassle you, but the entire planet is quite aware of these sordid matters, and I live on the edge of the jungle in a non-christian nation and the media is full of this sinful subject. But being like the world pointing to the dark, focusing on the dark, will never bring anyone to the light.
Sister White had this same difficulty 110years ago among Adventists; please don't take offense, but ponder this:

"Writers and speakers among us will have to learn that the highest obligations of the Christian life involve the giving of careful attention in heeding the messages that God has sent to us. It is essential that we have a knowledge of our own motives and actions in order to have constant self-improvement. I long to see men in responsible positions feeling the burden in regard to themselves, so that they will exercise Christian politeness, and speak and write in a courteous manner. The Lord wants his workers to represent him, the great missionary worker. The manifestation of zeal and rashness always does harm. The proprieties essential for Christian life must be learned daily in the school of Christ. He who is careless and heedless in uttering words or in writing words for publication to be sent broadcast into the world, is disqualifying himself to be entrusted with the sacred work which devolves upon Christ's followers at this time. Those who practice giving hard thrusts are forming habits that will have to be repented of. To discharge every duty that devolves upon those who are entrusted with sacred responsibility, in the right manner, calls for humble prayer, and a close study of the life of Christ.
A surgeon, a physician, a teacher, a guide, needs to study carefully and attentively the way in which to do the work which is entrusted to his hands, and how much more should those who are entrusted with the sacred responsibility to watch for souls as they that must give an account, study to work in harmony with the truth, and in accordance with the wisdom which is from above, which is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be entreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy, and "the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace."
I am pained when I see the sharp thrusts which appear in the [American]Sentinel{A public SDA magazine}. I speak to my brethren who are communicating with the people through that paper: It is best for you to be as wise as serpents, and as harmless as doves. We should carefully and severally examine our ways and our spirits, and see in what manner we are doing the work given us of God, which involves the destiny of souls. The very highest obligation is resting upon us. Satan is standing ready, burning with zeal to inspire the whole confederacy of satanic agencies, that he may cause them to unite with evil men, and bring upon the believers of truth speedy and severe suffering. Every unwise word that is uttered by our brethren will be treasured up by the prince of darkness.

But I would like to ask, How dare finite human intelligences speak careless and venturesome words that will stir up the powers of hell against the saints of God, when Michael, the archangel, durst not bring against Satan a railing accusation, but said, "The Lord rebuke thee, O Satan"? It will be impossible for us to avoid difficulties and suffering. Jesus said, "Woe unto the world because of offenses! for it must needs be that offenses come; but woe to that man by whom the offense cometh!" But because offense will come, we should be careful not to stir up the natural temperament of those who love not the truth, by unwise words and by the manifestation of an unkind spirit. The truth works by love and purifies the soul. It is the privilege and duty of every child of God to have spiritual apprehension. If we are children of the light, we should walk in the light as Christ is in the light, and testify before the world, before angels and men, that the truth has power to transform human character, and to cause men to represent Christ. With David our testimony should be, "Thy gentleness hath made me great." O that we might have divine perceptions, and be able to appreciate the holy, sacred efficiency of the truth which fell from the lips of Christ! O that a permanent impression might be made upon the hearts of all!" {Special Testimonies to Ministers and Workers #A03 p.25.2}

Re: The Sins of Babylon Laid Open #42153
05/06/02 02:21 AM
05/06/02 02:21 AM
L
Linda Sutton  Offline OP
Charter Member
2500+ Member
USA
Ikan,

I trust that you have noticed that the name of this forum is Endtime Events. It's purpose is for anyone who is a member of this forum to place news worthy items they believe may be of importance to Christians in general and SDAs in particular. As I currently moderate this forum, I will continue to place news items here.

Since you seem to be unhappy with the existance of this part of MSDAOL, I invite you to begin a topic in the Suggestion Box forum and post your concerns there. As I have noticed that you have not seemed to post in any of the other forums, I kindly invite you to look at them. There are various topics in other forums here at Maritime that are much more active that the Endtime Eventsforum. Among those other topics and forums there must be something to which you could profitability contribute.

I want to also point out something else. I see that you are in Borneo, which is next door to Malayasia, a country that has been torn by religious persecution in the last few years. As an SDA, you must have some understanding of the Bible prophecies, and you obviously have a knowledge of the SOP. You have to be aware then, that the USA will form the image to the beast. There are a number of things that must happen in America for that to occur. Many American SDAs are watching the news because we are seeing the movements taking place that will soon bring about the very final events and the second coming of Jesus. We don't want to be caught unaware. That is one of the main purposes of posting news items here.

Since the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon on 9/11, great changes have taken place in this country. Those concerned with religious liberty are watching and keeping Americans posted as to what is happening. These events are going to impact us for eternity. As the end comes, we must be ready. Please pause and think about this. There is a place for this forum and its contents here at MSDAOL. Why not tell us of your personal view of what is taking place so close to your country? We want and even need to know. Just as what is happening in Malayasia seems very distant to us, so the events happening in America probably seem very distant to you. But it is this country that will compell, actually force, the rest of the world to bow to the beast power. We must watch.

[ May 05, 2002: Message edited by: Linda Sutton ]

Re: The Sins of Babylon Laid Open #42154
05/07/02 02:11 PM
05/07/02 02:11 PM
Ikan  Offline
Very Dedicated Member
Plowing
So my post of Sister White's you would not consider "newsworthy" enough? But the sexual sins of others is supposed to create faith and godly trust in Adventists...hmmm...interesting idea.

Re: The Sins of Babylon Laid Open #42155
05/08/02 03:47 AM
05/08/02 03:47 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
It is not a question of what is or isn't newsworthy enough.

We are told to be watchful of what is happening around us that would relate to the signs of the 2nd Coming.

What you have posted also has merit and is thus also newsworthy, however, until I know where you are coming from in this topic with that post, it may belong more to another topic or even to another of our MSDAOL forums.

==========

Corrected a spelling error only.

[ May 12, 2002: Message edited by: Daryl Fawcett ]

Re: The Sins of Babylon Laid Open #42156
05/07/02 05:02 PM
05/07/02 05:02 PM
G
Gregory  Offline
SDA
Chaplain

Active Member 2022
Most Dedicated Member
USA
Do we concentrate on the sins of others, to the neglect of our own--to include issues of the same nature within our church?

Re: The Sins of Babylon Laid Open #42157
05/07/02 06:54 PM
05/07/02 06:54 PM
L
Linda Sutton  Offline OP
Charter Member
2500+ Member
USA
Like "redemtive transfers?" I have been thinking ever since this thing broke open that this denomination's leaders better wake up and take a very close look at how they are handling pastors and other church/school leaders who commit sexual sins. Those memos sent to Cardinal Law gives away the fact that he was aware of what was happening in his archdiocese. The pigeons have come home to roost for him. It may not stop with the Catholic church.

Re: The Sins of Babylon Laid Open #42158
05/07/02 07:27 PM
05/07/02 07:27 PM
Avalee  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
I think most of us know that these sexual sins happen in our own SDA church too and as other churches have done..they move the pastor on to another place. My late husband's daughter was molested by her stepfather and during the trial the lawyer for him brought up the fact that our church(not my church now) had a pastor who molested a child and was moved to another church and nothing was done about it. At the time I could not see why that was brought up for this case but it was. In other words these things will come back to haunt our church in time.

Re: The Sins of Babylon Laid Open #42159
05/08/02 04:59 AM
05/08/02 04:59 AM
Ikan  Offline
Very Dedicated Member
Plowing
Sadly, perhaps the quotes given by myself from our God-given messenger, Sister White, were too esoteric for the original premise of this section of the forum; my apologies for expecting others to see things from my perspective so readily. However, I still adjure that our own spiritual interests as individuals and hence as a church are best served by avoiding, even in private, dissecting, advertising, and proclaiming the sins of others, as it will lead to a morbid "eye", spiritually. By beholding we are transformed.
If this is a serious discussion on End Time Events, and not a 'slug-fest' on the fallen churches (why is it we never hear any concern about Protestant false doctrines in America?) perhaps correct Adventist eschatology can be discussed. Yes, I understand the title covers "Events"...May I suggest a few?
1.Is not rabid killing over Israeli/Palestinian soil not a sign of a complete misunderstanding by Christians, Muslims, and Jews of God's promise to Abraham? Wasn't it a promise of a New Earth and not the "rented house" of Canaan which the Hebrews were to use as a missionary post to preach the gospel to the entire world, not some sort of eternal nation state?
Has no one seen that the fallen churches in America have projected this theory to their political leaders? Surely this is an endtime event that any Adventist who studies will see as quite relevant.

2.How about EGW's quote in The Great Controversy (page 601?) About "when the hand of apostate Protestantism reaches across he gulf to embrace Romanism....together with Spiritualism" (sorry this is a rough rememberance; I am not at my desk)
I hear very little about the third power being discussed among us Adventists, spiritualism. Does no one see that it is the wonders that demons will and are presenting to non-Adventists (not just Pentecostalism; the 'living' state of the dead is the norm among every religion on earth, except us)and non-belivers alike that will give 'proof' to the claims of fallen churches, the confederacy of false Christianity? Surely there are many things here that would be under the "End Time Events" umbrella...

3. Wouldn't the depictions of other religions about the Advent be useful here? Does anyone realize that Muslims are expecting Christ to return, also? Or that orthodox Jews put stones on their loved ones graves to throw at Jesus, in case He does "actually return"?

But, you may be right Linda and Daryl; perhaps no one is interested in such things here... maybe folks would rather discuss ravished nuns and paedophiles. But I see no value or correlation with those topics with Christ's warning to "watch".

[ May 10, 2002: Message edited by: Ikan ]

Re: The Sins of Babylon Laid Open #42160
05/08/02 01:07 PM
05/08/02 01:07 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
What you posted here, Ikan, is relevant to this particular topic, The Sins of Babylon Laid Open, and can be, and also need to be explored further here.

[ May 10, 2002: Message edited by: Daryl Fawcett ]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by dedication. 09/18/24 05:00 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 09/11/24 05:20 PM
The Judgment of the Living
by kland. 09/10/24 06:13 PM
Fireballs in the Sky
by kland. 09/10/24 06:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 09/10/24 11:45 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 09/03/24 05:48 PM
Are All Born Saved and All Choose to be Lost?
by dedication. 09/01/24 04:02 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 09/01/24 03:48 PM
Deep down, are humans basically good?
by kland. 08/28/24 12:10 PM
The fragility of our cultural lifestyle
by kland. 08/28/24 11:29 AM
O Canada for Freedom
by Rick H. 08/24/24 01:54 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by dedication. 09/20/24 01:04 PM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 09/19/24 11:04 AM
SDA Infiltration by Jesuits?
by kland. 09/17/24 11:30 AM
The church appears about to fall.
by dedication. 09/16/24 03:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by kland. 09/05/24 09:39 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by dedication. 09/02/24 04:58 PM
Timeline of the Last Day Events
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:28 PM
Is God letting loose the Four Winds of Strife?
by Rick H. 08/31/24 07:29 AM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:13 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 08/31/24 03:57 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 08/30/24 08:22 PM
LLU Endorses Gay Pride Month!
by kland. 08/28/24 11:36 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!