HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Andrew, Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield
1325 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,223
Posts196,070
Members1,325
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 19
Rick H 16
Daryl 2
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Kevin H, Karen Y, daylily, TheophilusOne), 1,877 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
How Bush Will Rule the World #42247
09/24/02 01:49 AM
09/24/02 01:49 AM
L
Linda Sutton  Offline OP
Charter Member
2500+ Member
USA
Does it sound far-fetched? The title of the article in an Aussie paper is titled Bush: How I'll Rule the World. In the light of Bible prophecy, the contents of the article are very interesting.
quote:
The Bush Administration has spelt out its determination to enforce America's global domination, insisting it will allow no other power to challenge its military and economic supremacy.

In a 33-page document, published overnight Sydney time, President George Bush says the US will never allow its military might to be challenged the way it was during the Cold War.

It says "the President has no intention of allowing any foreign power to catch up with the huge lead the United States has opened since the fall of the Soviet Union more than a decade ago".

The interesting thing is I have not heard or seen anything about this document in a US source, not even Matt Drudge!

Re: How Bush Will Rule the World #42248
09/24/02 07:57 PM
09/24/02 07:57 PM
T
Tom Wetmore  Offline
Silver Spring, MD, USA
Linda,

This report entitled "The National Security Strategy of the United States" is an annual report the president is required to make to Congress. It has been filed every year by the president since 1986 as required by 50 USC 404a, which is part of the National Security Act. Perhaps the US press has grown accustomed to this routine report and saw nothing particularly unusual or newsworthy.

It would be interesting to compare the reports made by the various presidents since 1986 to see the trends, differences and similarities. I took a quick look at a summary of George W.'s father's report made in 1990. It seems there are some similarities of approach. I suspect that some of the broad strategies carry over from one administration to another.

If you are interested in doing some research on this, just do a general search using the title of the report. You should get a few hundred hits.

Happy hunting!

Tom

[ September 24, 2002, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: Tom Wetmore ]

Re: How Bush Will Rule the World #42249
09/24/02 06:02 PM
09/24/02 06:02 PM
L
Linda Sutton  Offline OP
Charter Member
2500+ Member
USA
Thanks Tom. I may do a comparison of the reports. 1986 would have been Ron Reagan, then Bush, Clinton, and Bush. Might make and interesting study.

Re: How Bush Will Rule the World #42250
09/25/02 09:02 PM
09/25/02 09:02 PM
L
Linda Sutton  Offline OP
Charter Member
2500+ Member
USA
I orginally made this post at 6PM yesterday, but it disappeared. Fortunately, I had saved a copy of this topic to my HD.

Did a little research and found that the entire document can be downloaded at http://www.whitehouse.gov/nsc/ Look for the PDF document link under the picture of Condeleeza (sp?) Rice.

I also discovered that this is the first strategy report that the GW Bush Whitehouse has done.

Re: How Bush Will Rule the World #42251
09/25/02 09:47 PM
09/25/02 09:47 PM
L
Linda Sutton  Offline OP
Charter Member
2500+ Member
USA
Tom alerted me to an article in Christianity Today regarding Bush's NS Strategy. It adds an interesting dimension. You can read it at Christian Leaders Respond to Bush's National Security Strategy.

The last four paragraphs of the CT article are notable. I have bolded what really stands out.
quote:
In standard policy framework of the past, Skillen says, preemptive action sought to disarm the means by which a country was intending harm. The proposed plans of the Bush administration speak of "regime change." Skillen says this is similar to comparing neutralizing hostile tanks posed on the border to wiping out a government.

"At that level, to refer to the longstanding preemptive action authority of the state doesn't at all get at what this policy is about," he says. "To claim the right to be able to end a regime compared to going to war against their ability to cause violence is something new and has to be debated. I don't see how it can be justified on older terms."

The strategy also poses serious questions of the United States' role in the world at large and within the U.N. Security Council. He says that fears of the U.S. acting as an empirical authority may be legitimate.

"It looks to me like there are elements in this strategy document that the U.S. is now going to look at the whole world and make sure that no power can stand in its way and it will take preemptive action," Skillen said. "These will be the terms that the U.N., if it has any operation in the future, will have to operate under. We should not assume there is a single government that can claim a sort of ultimate authority to decide what direction the whole globe should go."

And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. . . . And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Rev. 13:11-17.

The dragon's roar is growing louder, as he breaths out threatenings to those who would oppose global unity. Mr. Skillen is sadly wrong, there is a single government that will and does claim an ultimate authority to decide what direction the whole globe should go. That government is also a religious institution, and it's head is the Bishop of Rome.

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John
by dedication. 10/21/24 01:01 AM
Understanding the Battle of Armageddon
by dedication. 10/19/24 03:08 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 10/15/24 12:56 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 10/14/24 12:13 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 10/10/24 12:36 PM
The October 7th Massacre and Zechariah 9 Prophecy
by dedication. 10/08/24 05:41 PM
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 10/01/24 11:56 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by Rick H. 09/28/24 10:02 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 09/22/24 02:05 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by dedication. 10/21/24 08:37 PM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 10/15/24 05:21 PM
What Should Be Our Response to the "Sunday Laws"?
by dedication. 10/13/24 01:08 AM
Understanding the 1290 & 1335 of Daniel 12?
by dedication. 10/11/24 02:16 PM
Are The Prophecies Important?
by dedication. 10/08/24 04:18 PM
The Beast and the Image Beast
by Rick H. 10/05/24 04:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 10/03/24 11:50 PM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by kland. 10/03/24 12:06 PM
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!