HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Andrew, Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield
1325 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,223
Posts196,070
Members1,325
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 19
Rick H 16
Daryl 2
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Kevin H, Karen Y, daylily, TheophilusOne), 1,877 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: A Revised View of the Mark of the Beast #44598
12/20/01 07:14 PM
12/20/01 07:14 PM
G
Greg Goodchild  Offline OP
Placerville, CA
Mike:
Let us take today. There is no official sunday law in effect today. But are there people confirming their decisions for Christ or satan today? When that confirmation is accepted by God what would you call it, today?

There is no intent, or attempt, to lessen the final crisis issue of the sunday legislation issues. That event will become clear when it arrives. My thought is that close of personal probation, unpardonable sin, sealing, signing, marking, are all ways of saying that a person has taken a position that God can not get them to change. That position, for me, is the mark of the beast.

Re: A Revised View of the Mark of the Beast #44599
12/20/01 08:15 PM
12/20/01 08:15 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
I guess I'm getting hung up on the specifics. Would you say that the person who closes their probation before the sunday crisis has received the MOB according to the prophecy in Rev 13 and 14? I think that's where I'm getting stuck.

If the MOB can be anything that seals our destiny then what is all this stuff about sunday laws, the catholic church, the USA, etc? You see what I mean? I'm having a hard time between a and the MOB and the fulfillment of prophecy.

Re: A Revised View of the Mark of the Beast #44600
12/21/01 05:24 AM
12/21/01 05:24 AM
G
Placerville, CA
Mike:
Obviously all of Revelation 13 has not been fulfilled yet. When the mark of the beast, in chapter 13 is fulfilled we have ample evidence that the issue will be the sunday law. In the Daniel 3 typology the worship issue was not sunday but bowing to the image. In the Esther issue it was Mordecai bowing to Haman. In the Jesus story it was selecting Barabbas and Caesar over Jesus. The issue obviously can change but the principle is the same.
Again, I do not want to lessen in any way the prophetic clarity that Sunday will be the last testing issue for the world. We also have testimony that one of the last satanic efforts inside the SDA church will be to make of none effect the Spirit of Prophecy. If we reject that light, or if we reject the light of 1844 according to Early Writings the light will go out, we will stray off the path and we will fall to our damnation. No sunday, per se, but damnation none the less because we would have chosen to believe satan over Jesus.
I hope this is helpful to you. I do not desire to mislead you in any way. My desire and intent is to firm up the Bible understanding of the concept of mark, seal, and salvation.

Re: A Revised View of the Mark of the Beast #44601
12/21/01 07:04 AM
12/21/01 07:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello brother Greg

I had a modern day type of "awl" driven into my ear in my rock & roll days. It was to pierce my ear, and have a large, diamond stud put in.

Before you send me off; wait for my explanation.

This was a time in my life when I totally gave myself over to rock & roll, drugs, booze, and other things I cannot mention. I was also into witch craft related things. The ear ring, and all the other "trappings" was my way of expressing power, rebellion, & control of my insane life at the time. I was totally dedicated to satan and his ways...

Did I then, during some point of this period of my life, receive the mark of the beast?

Well, I will share a testimony about this when I next come back to the forum on Sabbath.

But before I go; I want to point out something, that I believe will build upon a very essential principle that you have brought up.

We are a people of the Word, so we like to say.

I am talking about how, when we study the Bible, that we need to start looking more at the "internal evidence," for a point we are making, or an answer we are seeking.

What do I mean by "internal evidence?"

Basically, looking right within the text itself, for more clues, as to what God wishes to convey.

So let us apply this briefly to the subject at hand:

There are seven separate texts in the Bible which mention "mark of the beast."

My favorite text of the seven, is as follows:

Revelation 13:17 "And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name".

Why is this my favorite one?

I see it as giving us the most complete picture of this "mark."

But, the main point I want to focus on is something we see in all of these passages.

Have you noticed a little three letter word in these Scriptures?

In every case, we read: "THE mark of
THE beast."

It does not read "a" mark. Nor does it read "one of the marks."

It says "THE mark of THEbeast."

Why do you suppose God inspired John to express it this way?

I believe you are correct, in saying we can express our beliefs by the Bible only; however, this study looks quite interesting, and I hope you will forgive me if I slip a short quote or two from Ellen White.

Re: A Revised View of the Mark of the Beast #44602
12/21/01 07:21 PM
12/21/01 07:21 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Greg, now I understand what you're getting at. Thank you. I had never thought of comparing the MOB to other situations and circumstances in the Bible and throughout life. Great observation. Again, thank you. I can see how that would help other people grasp the continuity of the concept of compromise. Do you have any other thoughts on this subject?

David, thank you for the thoughts you shared. I look forward to any further thoughts you have in mind.

Re: A Revised View of the Mark of the Beast #44603
12/23/01 06:08 PM
12/23/01 06:08 PM
G
Placerville, CA
Mike:
Thanks for the feedback.
David:
I will be interested in your feedback. I am not trying to minimize "the" mark of the beast. I am only posing the concept that there have been marks of the beast before the end starting with the mark of cain.

Re: A Revised View of the Mark of the Beast #44604
12/25/01 11:57 PM
12/25/01 11:57 PM
zyph  Offline
Dedicated Member
Australia
Greg, you are equating the mark of the beast with circumstances where ultimate destiny is decided. I think that is a fair comparison, but is only part of the picture. I read somewhere else that the mark symbolises any form of enforcement of a religious law by human means. And a prime example is when we try to obey the commandments in our own strength. Could the issue of Sunday law enforcement be simple to bring about because most of christendom has been busily creating their own personal "image to the beast" in their lives? That is, enforcing righteousness in themselves by gritting their teeth and trying harder? One day, will it not seem the most natural thing to force people to obey a religious law "for their own good" because that's how people have done it personally up to that point?

Ellen White said that righteusness by faith was the third angel's message "in verity".

Re: A Revised View of the Mark of the Beast #44605
12/26/01 12:13 AM
12/26/01 12:13 AM
G
Placerville, CA
Zyph:
I think your question starts in the garden of eden. In Genesis 1:26 God says "Let us make man in our image." Jesus made man in His image. When man was totally in tune with God then man was not only in the image of God but his mind, and behavior were in tune with the mind and behavior of God. When you saw man you saw an image of what God was like. Man was not exactly God but he revealed as much of God as man had been designed to reveal. When man sinned he marred the image of God, and became recreated in the image of satan. Whoever you obey you become servants of that which you have surrendered to. The plan of salvation is to recreate the image of God in man. The image of the beast is to maintain the image of satan. satan was a liar, a murderer, an adulterer, a idol worshiper, a parent abuser, etc from the beginning. When any person chooses, Jesus died to give us freedom of choice and the opportunity to come to Him for recreation, to live out in his life the principles of satan he is made in the image of the beast. Everything about him, even his talents, are in tune with the personality of satan and he naturally does the things of his lord and master.
To me the last conflict is the natural outworkings of these principles. We will see on earth the battle of armageddon which is just a rehash of the battle in heaven described in Rev 12. The principles are the same, the leaders are the same, the particpants are different. When anyone has chosen Jesus, or satan, and there is nothing more that can be done to change their minds, by either God or satan, then they are sealed. The seal of God is the Sabbath, and all the rest of God's revealed will, or the sunday and all the rest of satans will.

Re: A Revised View of the Mark of the Beast #44606
12/26/01 12:25 AM
12/26/01 12:25 AM
zyph  Offline
Dedicated Member
Australia
But "seal" doesn't equal "mark" does it?

Re: A Revised View of the Mark of the Beast #44607
12/26/01 12:31 AM
12/26/01 12:31 AM
G
Placerville, CA
Check in the concordance. In greek and hebrew there seems to be a difference in the term, but I don't think the functional difference is significant. An interesting study is to check the word for mark in Genesis 4:15 and the token in the Exodus 13:16 which they were to place on their hands and forheads. I would appreciate your feedback.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John
by dedication. 10/21/24 01:01 AM
Understanding the Battle of Armageddon
by dedication. 10/19/24 03:08 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 10/15/24 12:56 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 10/14/24 12:13 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 10/10/24 12:36 PM
The October 7th Massacre and Zechariah 9 Prophecy
by dedication. 10/08/24 05:41 PM
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 10/01/24 11:56 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by Rick H. 09/28/24 10:02 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 09/22/24 02:05 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by dedication. 10/21/24 08:37 PM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 10/15/24 05:21 PM
What Should Be Our Response to the "Sunday Laws"?
by dedication. 10/13/24 01:08 AM
Understanding the 1290 & 1335 of Daniel 12?
by dedication. 10/11/24 02:16 PM
Are The Prophecies Important?
by dedication. 10/08/24 04:18 PM
The Beast and the Image Beast
by Rick H. 10/05/24 04:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 10/03/24 11:50 PM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by kland. 10/03/24 12:06 PM
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!