HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Andrew, Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield
1325 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,223
Posts196,070
Members1,325
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 19
Rick H 16
Daryl 2
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Kevin H, Karen Y, daylily, TheophilusOne), 1,877 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: A Revised View of the Mark of the Beast #44608
12/26/01 12:50 AM
12/26/01 12:50 AM
zyph  Offline
Dedicated Member
Australia
So "mark of the beast" should equate with "seal of the beast".

Vine's says a mark is an "indelible token", a "stamp or an impress". An indication, if you will.

A seal, however carries with it a meaning of authentication and destiny. A completion and fulfillment. (Vine's again.

Therefore: the mark is a symptom, visible even now, but made completely visible by the Sunday decree (for want of a better expression.) The seal is beyond that, declaring God's judgment and intent.

What do you think?

Re: A Revised View of the Mark of the Beast #44609
12/26/01 01:09 AM
12/26/01 01:09 AM
G
Greg Goodchild  Offline OP
Placerville, CA
Zyph:
It appears, to me anyway, that when we receive the mark then things are pretty well finished. However, in the Passover story, the people could receive the token, "oth" in hebrew, and yet were still able to rebel against God. So there appears to be a process involved in the sealing issue. It appears to me that when you get to sealing, it is both a process and a final event. So, personally, I want to keep as much room open for people to grow, develop, and mature, but I want to have the final product be immovable. I pray that when my name comes up in the process I will be sealed with the Sabbath and what all Sabbath means.

Re: A Revised View of the Mark of the Beast #44610
12/26/01 01:30 AM
12/26/01 01:30 AM
zyph  Offline
Dedicated Member
Australia
The mark of the beast in its literal form is definitely the defining mark, which invites the judgments of God, good or bad.

But I think there is a definite spiritual application to our lifestyle prior to that time.

I pray for the same things, Greg.

Re: A Revised View of the Mark of the Beast #44611
12/29/01 01:55 AM
12/29/01 01:55 AM
B
Bob Pickle  Offline
Active Member 2013
Dedicated Member
Halstad, MN
Catholic theology defines "natural law" differently than we do. It's laws that are written into the fibers of our being.

Then you have "positive law," something that isn't written there, something that you don't know intuitively, something you have to be told. The 4th is like that, and it is for this reason that some of those good Catholic quotes we use call the 4th a "most POSITIVE command."

The Catholic Church thinks it impossible to change natural law, but they believe they have so much power they can change positive law, even that which God wrote Himself on tables of stone.

If they really can do that, then they can do anything they want to. That's why it's a mark of their authority.

In order for something to be A mark of the beast, it has to be something that is a mark of THE beast.

But the Sabbath/Sunday issue involves more than we realize. It will test us all where we are weakest.

Suppose your weak point is popularity. Well, you'll have to decide between God and popularity.

Or what about appetite? Well, you'll have to decide between God and food.

Or maybe you're inclined to put family above God? Well, you'll have to decide between God and family on that day.

Thanks to the rise of republics and democracies as foretold in prophecy, everyone alive on the planet will get to cast their vote or raise their voice.

In the full light of the Holy Spirit poured out in the latter rain, to decide to stick with our secret sin, whatever it may be, instead of keeping the Sabbath, will be a final choice.

Re: A Revised View of the Mark of the Beast #44612
12/31/01 06:53 PM
12/31/01 06:53 PM
D
Durk  Offline
North America
If I may interupt this interesting train of thought, I'd like to ask Mike for a clarification of his earlier statement regarding the "seal of God" The text refered to was Isaiah 8:16, and the assertion was made that the law was the seal of God. I have not heard this assertion before, always being told that the "seal of God" was specifically the Sabbath commandment. However, even this claim does not agree with Scripture, which states that the seal of God is the Holy Spirit. (Eph. 1:13; 2 Cor. 1:21)

Please comment

Re: A Revised View of the Mark of the Beast #44613
12/31/01 07:31 PM
12/31/01 07:31 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Durk, you bring up an excellent point. Thank you. Here's what I posted awhile back:

"Whenever I have the opportunity to share this topic with non-SDA's I like to point out that the "seal" of God is the law (Isa 8:16) and that sabbath keeping is the "sign" of the seal of God (Eze 20:12,20). Thus the seal of God is more than just sabbath keeping. It includes the entire law."

According to these passages, taken together with the ones you eluded to, I would suggest that the seal of God is the law of God, that the sign of the seal of God is sabbath keeping, and that the Holy Spirit is the one who makes it possible for born again believers to experience the sign and seal of God.

What do you think?

Re: A Revised View of the Mark of the Beast #44614
12/31/01 08:29 PM
12/31/01 08:29 PM
G
Placerville, CA
The mark of the beast is an issue that requires much study. It covers as much territory as the law of God for the mark of the beast is the sign that one has fully and completely rejected God's plan of salvation. When that rejection is completed then the mark of the beast is given.

In GC 495-496 we have the story of the first case of the mark of the beast. It reads as follows (emphasis mine):
"God in His great mercy bore long with Lucifer. He was not immediately degraded from his exalted station when he first indulged the spirit of discontent, nor even when he began to present his false claims before the loyal angels. Long was he retained in heaven. Again and again he was offered pardon on condition of repentance and submission. Such efforts as only infinite love and wisdom could devise were made to convince him of his error. The spirit of discontent had never before been known in heaven. Lucifer himself did not at first see whither he was drifting; he did not understand the real nature of his feelings. But as his dissatisfaction was proved to be without cause, Lucifer was convinced that he was in the wrong, that the divine claims were just, and that he ought to acknowledge them as such before all heaven. Had he done this, he might have saved himself and many angels. He had not at this time fully cast off his allegiance to God. Though he had forsaken his position as covering cherub, yet if he had been willing to return to God, acknowledging the Creator's wisdom, and satisfied to fill the place appointed him in God's great plan, he would have been reinstated in his office. But pride forbade him to submit. He persistently defended his own course, maintained that he had no need of repentance, and fully committed himself, in the great controversy, against his Maker."

When Lucifer fully committed to his rebellion, and he had fully been convinced of his error, and he had fully rejected God's plan of salvation for him, then he had come to the point of receiving the mark of the beast, the sign of complete loyalty to sin and complete rejection of God's plan to save.

The mark of the beast in heaven did not consist of the Sabbath per se but it did consist or rebellion against the authority of God and against His law. The experience of Adam and Eve did not conist of Sabbath per se, but it did consist of rejection of the authority of God and His law. The mark of Cain came as a result of murder and rejection of the sacrificial system, both are components of God's law. In each and every experience of interaction with God some people fell off, received the mark of the beast, and some continued in their walk with God. Even Achan made it through many tests before he succombed to his mark of the beast in takeing the "goodly babylonish garment" and the gold. He died not for breaking Sabbath primarily but for rejecting the law of God for a trinket.

As each experience is met each person has to decide what they will do with God and His law. Will they surrender to Him or will they establish themselves as the arbitrater of God's law. The final display of loyalty to God will be on the Sabbath issue the law most distorted by man. When logic fails to guide, when human reasoning does not suffice regarding God's revealed will then each person will have to decide based upon the movings of the spirit guiding them. The righteous will decide upon the movings of the Holy Spirit through the revealed will of God in Scripture, and the wicked will decide upon the movings of an unholy spirit through feelings, traditions, and the emotional issues of life. See John 12:42-43. Then everyones heart will be revealed by the sign of their loyalty - Sabbath for God, sunday for satan. That revealing of their loyalty is the mark of the beast.

Re: A Revised View of the Mark of the Beast #44615
12/31/01 11:48 PM
12/31/01 11:48 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Greg, while I appreciate how you seek to show a running connection between the history of rebellion and the mark of the beast, I'm not sure I agree with how you are referring to everything dating back to the fall of Lucifer as THE mark of the beast.

I would be much more comfortable if the phrase, A mark of the beast, was used to refer to these historical events. I believe to use the phrase, The mark of the beast, waters down and blurs the truth about the prophetic intentions of this entire subject.

Re: A Revised View of the Mark of the Beast #44616
01/01/02 04:18 AM
01/01/02 04:18 AM
G
Placerville, CA
I can live with the phrase a mark of the beast when referring to these events.

Re: A Revised View of the Mark of the Beast #44617
01/01/02 05:34 PM
01/01/02 05:34 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Greg, perhaps I'm missing you're main point? From what you've been studying so far, do you see a difference between a and the mark of the beast? I don't mean to cut you short by mentioning my concerns. Mostly I want to learn what you're trying to share. Sometimes I catch on slower than I'm willing to admit. Please continue sharing what's on your heart. Thank you.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John
by dedication. 10/21/24 01:01 AM
Understanding the Battle of Armageddon
by dedication. 10/19/24 03:08 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 10/15/24 12:56 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 10/14/24 12:13 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 10/10/24 12:36 PM
The October 7th Massacre and Zechariah 9 Prophecy
by dedication. 10/08/24 05:41 PM
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 10/01/24 11:56 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by Rick H. 09/28/24 10:02 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 09/22/24 02:05 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by dedication. 10/21/24 08:37 PM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 10/15/24 05:21 PM
What Should Be Our Response to the "Sunday Laws"?
by dedication. 10/13/24 01:08 AM
Understanding the 1290 & 1335 of Daniel 12?
by dedication. 10/11/24 02:16 PM
Are The Prophecies Important?
by dedication. 10/08/24 04:18 PM
The Beast and the Image Beast
by Rick H. 10/05/24 04:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 10/03/24 11:50 PM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by kland. 10/03/24 12:06 PM
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!