HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Andrew, Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield
1325 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,223
Posts196,066
Members1,325
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 21
Rick H 16
Daryl 2
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, Dina, dedication, 1 invisible), 1,508 guests, and 15 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14
Re: Exercise???? How do you find the time? #48755
12/01/01 01:04 AM
12/01/01 01:04 AM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
DrD!

Are you funny, or what!

Daryl

Re: Exercise???? How do you find the time? #48756
12/05/01 08:39 PM
12/05/01 08:39 PM
C
Chantale Bérubé  Offline
Fredericton, NB, Canada
hi!
no one can find the "time" to actully excersise.. i can't but somehow i do find some!!
Daryl.. You must know where kingwood is? Well that's where i go.. and you get motivaded by going.... well that's what happened with me!!
And, exercising makes you mor alert, more confident and for me, it helps me stay focused...
I guess that's it!

Re: Exercise???? How do you find the time? #48757
12/08/01 07:23 AM
12/08/01 07:23 AM
Zita  Offline
Christchurch, New Zealand
Chantale, you are so right.
If you try and find time to exercise, you will never find it. The secret is to make time.
I set aside 6am - 8.30am, that's what suits me, 6 days a week.
I have so many options here I never get bored.
Wet weather hikes are different to dry days.
I was excited this week to discover yet another wet weather hike sheltered from the southerly.
Climbing hills is the ultimate in loosing weight and keeping fit! Ask my dogs.

Re: Exercise???? How do you find the time? #48758
12/12/01 05:03 AM
12/12/01 05:03 AM
Sarah Moss  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
That's the trick!! Maybe I just need a dog!

My exercise program has fallen by the wayside lately, lack of time, although I get lots of exercise going to all my busy activities!

In addition, rollerblading came to a rapid end when fall hit and there were leaves and sticks all over the ground! Couldn't take the risk of serious injury!

Winter is here though and time to hit the streets walking. I love walking in winter - it is sooooo refreshing and beautiful..... Now if only I could get those skis done so I can get out on those.....

Stick to the exercise programs! I can vouch for the fact that they work! I lost some weight - and it was a good start.... I've even kept it off which is more important! I'd still like to lose more or just get into better shape, but I'm taking it one step at a time.... I just have to remember to do it!

Keep up the encouragement. Remember that sometimes someone needs to hear exactly what you have to say in encouragement and that will keep them on the right path! I need the humour dropped by DrD as well as the encouragement from the rest and I know I'm not alone in that!

Re: Exercise???? How do you find the time? #48759
12/12/01 02:59 PM
12/12/01 02:59 PM
Edward F Sutton  Offline
Charter Member
Most Dedicated Member
Zanesville, OH 43701
Let's see 10,000 Km, that would be a nice trip. Plenty of exercise along the way. Let's see Dr D could pump the keyboard for a few reps (e-tickets - 101). Then Sara could roller blade the luggage down the people mover).

Daryl could row the glasses & ice down the isle. Andrew could push the peanuts(honey roasted of course). Ed would pop the tops(higher reps) of Ginger Beer ("Jamakian mon" of course). Then we all hum loudly at 30,000 ft "Fly the friendly skies...." Then as the Pacific sun rises we sing Hawaiian songs and hope the e-mail went through for the accomodations off the beaten path on the "big Island". No the "Big Island" is not Ed's tummy lint factory side up, floating in the Pacific. And Kilua Whai is not a giant lint fryer on over drive.

However anybody care to do the paperwork for a research grant to cross the western pond to go and research it to find out for sure.

Re: Exercise???? How do you find the time? #48760
12/13/01 07:32 AM
12/13/01 07:32 AM
Zita  Offline
Christchurch, New Zealand
Sarah, I was wondering why one of my dogs was loosing so much weight. The bones were really showing, yet he could still run up the hills after the rabbits.
I found out today that the cat mince I was mixing with the rice and veges didn't have enough fat in it. I thought wow, eating no fat and runing after rabbits 6 days a week must be the answer!
Now, I am not suggesting here that we eat cat mince! lol
So it's back to dog logs in the veges and he is looking better already!

Re: Exercise???? How do you find the time? #48761
12/14/01 08:29 AM
12/14/01 08:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello Sarah

I couldn't resist making a brief comment here.

This evening as we doled out a few cookies to our kids, for supper, our oldest boy (9 yrs.) got his first, and just before he took the first bite; he said: "Hey Dad! I am going to do my exercises now...This one is called 'The Cookie Stretch!'"

Re: Exercise???? How do you find the time? #48762
12/15/01 03:33 PM
12/15/01 03:33 PM
D
DrD  Offline
USA
Zita
If you think your dog had trouble with rabbits because its bones were showing, just think about this story.

One day me and my houn' dog Zeke was out in the woods a-huntin' fer rabbits. We was a-runnin powerful short of meat that spring an' Zeke knew as well as I did that it was purty important we git one or we better not go home. We poked out all the briar patches and tromped through the wild plum thickets and was a-gitten purty discouraged cuz we hadn't seen hide ner hair of a rabbit yit. I set down clost by a saplin' fer to rest a spell, but Zeke wasn't tard yit, so he wandered on out into the woods and wuz gone so long I was wunderin' what become of him, when all at onct here come a rabbit licketysplit outa the thicket right towards me, and right behind him come Zeke jest a-tarn' up the airth behind 'im, he was a-runnin' so fast. The rabbit darted past me an' the saplin' an' tore for a briar patch about a hunnert feet away. Now I always knew Zeke was a mighty smart dawg an' I knew he'd figger out some way to gain on that rabbit before it got to the briar patch. Well, Zeke never took time to go around the saplin'; he hit it head on and at sech speed that the saplin' split that houn'-dawg clean in two, from the tip of his nose to the end of his tail. Right quick like I grabbed up the two halves and slapped them together again, only in my haste I got two legs up and two legs down. Well, that never hindered Zeke at all. He just kept on a-runnin', turnin' over and over like a cartwheel, an' he caught that rabbit jest two jumps short of the briar patch.

Zeke was half water spaniel and Irish setter. One day when I was a-fishin', my dog was sittin' by my side a-lookin' into the water. All at onest he dived into the crick and out of sight. I thought he was drowned. About fifteen minutes later I heard a dog barkin' a quarter mile down the crick and saw to my suprise there were ten catfish and eight bass that ole Zeke had treed.

And I don't even feed him cat mince!

Have a great day!

Re: Exercise???? How do you find the time? #48763
12/15/01 08:00 PM
12/15/01 08:00 PM
Sarah Moss  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
I'm not even going to pretend I believe that one!

Maybe I should try the cat mince! Not likely - I've smelled my cats food - sure wouldn't want to eat it! Maybe that is why they went vegetarian!

Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 10/15/24 12:56 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 10/14/24 12:13 PM
Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John
by dedication. 10/13/24 12:51 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 10/10/24 12:36 PM
The October 7th Massacre and Zechariah 9 Prophecy
by dedication. 10/08/24 05:41 PM
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 10/01/24 11:56 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by Rick H. 09/28/24 10:02 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 09/22/24 02:05 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 10/15/24 05:21 PM
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by kland. 10/15/24 05:12 PM
What Should Be Our Response to the "Sunday Laws"?
by dedication. 10/13/24 01:08 AM
Understanding the 1290 & 1335 of Daniel 12?
by dedication. 10/11/24 02:16 PM
Are The Prophecies Important?
by dedication. 10/08/24 04:18 PM
The Beast and the Image Beast
by Rick H. 10/05/24 04:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 10/03/24 11:50 PM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by kland. 10/03/24 12:06 PM
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!