Excellent Jan, and I think you hit it right on the head. There must be a balance indeed people have misused the Bible numerous times and sometimes for very ill purposes.
Good point about the bashful part, and I amazed to see people not being embarrassed by the likes of Oral Roberts, and Tim Lahey (made a few false prophecies in the 80's about the end of the world), and we can clearly see that their message(s) are deluded at best.
We all know that Sister White was inspired, and what she has written and is consistent with the Bible, and these are for the few books I have read so far.
There is a book I believe it is Selected Messages Volume 1 where she has written where people will hate what she has written, and allsorts of things. We are seeing that today, but you are also right in where we have people who have put her on par with the Bible,.

You are correct John she is inspired by God and saw many visions and revealed some very essential truths found in the Bible, clearly the lesser light pointing to the greater Light. That is why I find it a blessing to read what she has written, many dont like it, but I definitely enjoy it and not as if it were a novel I am talking about prophecies coming in definitely read Aims of the Papal Church, Scriputre as a Safeguard in GC. I may create some threads about those chapters because I think it is essential for us.
God Bless you all and have a Happy Sabbath,
Will