HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,217
Posts195,975
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 30
Rick H 26
Daryl 4
asygo 3
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, Kevin H, dedication, ProdigalOne, 2 invisible), 2,678 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: God's will and Satan's actions [Re: Mountain Man] #82422
12/12/06 08:44 PM
12/12/06 08:44 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
MM: True, but neither will He withhold it when it is appropriate. But God’s attitude about the punishment and destruction of the wicked in the lake of fire will be the same as the holy angels'. Do you agree?

-And what is the attitude of the holy angels?

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: God's will and Satan's actions [Re: Mountain Man] #82430
12/12/06 10:25 PM
12/12/06 10:25 PM
Tom  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
TE: One could argue that if God commands holy angles to do something that this is equivalent or tantamount to God doing it … It is [Satan] who perverts the truth and causes people to look upon disease and death as proceeding from God.

MM: So, which is it? Is God or Satan responsible for the death and destruction caused by holy angels?

The purpose of this thread is to discuss your assertion that when Satan acts that's tantamount to God's acting; that God uses Satan to do His billing. Unless you can explain how your questions fit into this topic, I'm going to ask that you post it to the topic that was already opened to discussed your question. Thank you.

……………….

MM: The holy angels praise God when sinners are destroyed, not Satan. Even though God gives evil angels permission to destroy sinners with the seven last plagues, the holy angels praise God, and give Him all the honor and glory. It is as though God did it Himself.

“And I heard the angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus. For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy. And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are thy judgments.” (Rev 16:5-7)

TE: I start all sorts of different threads, about all sorts of different topics, but you seem to have a one track mind. Every thread, virtually every post, all you can talk about is God's destroying.

MM: Thank you for that candid observation. Now, do you agree with my observation?

Again, please explain how this fits into the topic of this discussion, or post this to the appropriate topic.
……………………

MM: When humans fill up their cup of woe and wrath, do you mean to say God does not give evil angels permission to destroy them?

TE: No, I mean to say what I said. It is not God's will that humans be destroyed. It is His will to save them. It is Satan's will to destroy humans. … But does God intend that Satan do the evil that Satan does? I say no, that God never intends that any evil be done, ever.

MM: When humans fill up the cup of God’s wrath and vengeance and God pulls the stops restraining evil angels – what does God expect will happen? I believe He expects the evil angels to destroy them. Do you disagree?

This seems to be rhetorical. I guess an important point to consider, which we haven't yet, is what is God's desire. That's really where the difference lies between the evil angels and God, and is the core reason why God's permitting something to happen is not tantamount to His doing it Himself.

I think in principle you have already agreed to this in the case of temptation. That is, you have agreed that God does not tempt, yet He permits evil angels to tempt us. So there is a difference between God's doing something and His permitting evil angels to do it, correct?

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: God's will and Satan's actions [Re: Tom] #82433
12/12/06 10:30 PM
12/12/06 10:30 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
TV: And what is the attitude of the holy angels?

“And I heard the angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus. For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy. And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are thy judgments.” (Rev 16:5-7)

MM: And, what about the other questions I addressed to you in the same post?

Re: God's will and Satan's actions [Re: Mountain Man] #82435
12/12/06 10:54 PM
12/12/06 10:54 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
TE: One could argue that if God commands holy angles to do something that this is equivalent or tantamount to God doing it….

MM: I agree.

TE: It is [Satan] who perverts the truth and causes people to look upon disease and death as proceeding from God.

MM: This does not apply to those many times God commanded holy angels to destroy sinners. But how are we to know the difference? The results are the same, right? That is, whether or not God commands holy angels or gives evil angels permission to destroy sinners the results are the same. If we cannot tell the difference, what difference does it make? In either case, God’s will is served.

TE: Again, please explain how this fits into the topic of this discussion, or post this to the appropriate topic…. The purpose of this thread is to discuss your assertion that when Satan acts that's tantamount to God's acting; that God uses Satan to do His billing.

MM: The holy angels praise God when sinners are destroyed, not Satan. Even though God gives evil angels permission to destroy sinners, the holy angels praise God, and give Him all the honor and glory. It is as though God did it Himself. I do not believe God “uses” Satan to do His bidding. He has holy angels to do that. But I do believe He allows Satan to do things that serve God’s will and desire. Satan just so happens to be willing to oblige.

………………………..

MM: When humans fill up the cup of God’s wrath, and God stops restraining evil angels – what does God expect them to do? I believe He expects the evil angels to destroy them. What other conclusion can there be? In this case, the evil angels are fulfilling God’s will and desire. They are doing exactly what He wants them to do.

………………………..

TE: That is, you have agreed that God does not tempt, yet He permits evil angels to tempt us. So there is a difference between God's doing something and His permitting evil angels to do it, correct?

MM: Only as it applies to evil angels tempting us to sin. By the way, it is God’s will and desire that we resist the temptations He allows. Otherwise, He wouldn’t allow evil angels to tempt us.

Re: God's will and Satan's actions [Re: Mountain Man] #82451
12/13/06 05:05 AM
12/13/06 05:05 AM
Tom  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
TE: That is, you have agreed that God does not tempt, yet He permits evil angels to tempt us. So there is a difference between God's doing something and His permitting evil angels to do it, correct?

MM: Only as it applies to evil angels tempting us to sin.

By the way, it is God’s will and desire that we resist the temptations He allows. Otherwise, He wouldn’t allow evil angels to tempt us.

This is faulty logic. (I mean starting from the "by the way" The first sentence doesn't have a problem in logic).

The error in logic is that it is possible that there are other reasons for why God would allow evil angels to tempt us other than His will and desire that we resist the temptations He allows. This isn't saying that it's not the case that God desires us to resist temptation, which is of course true. The error in logic is the way you are linking these together. In other words, the "otherwise" does not follow.

If this isn't clear, I'm provide an analogy.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: God's will and Satan's actions [Re: Mountain Man] #82455
12/13/06 11:19 AM
12/13/06 11:19 AM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
TV: And what is the attitude of the holy angels?

MM: And, what about the other questions I addressed to you in the same post?
The other question was what Tom believes about this. There are pages upon pages in this thread alone where Tom spells out his view about this. You have read it, have you understood it?

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: God's will and Satan's actions [Re: vastergotland] #82460
12/13/06 02:05 PM
12/13/06 02:05 PM
Tom  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Good answer!

Re: God's will and Satan's actions [Re: Tom] #82538
12/14/06 10:53 PM
12/14/06 10:53 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Thomas, do you agree with everything Tom has written about this topic? If not, would you be willing to explain how your view differs from his?

Also, would you be willing to summarize my view? I'm curious what you think I believe. I'm pretty sure you have misunderstood me.

Do you agree with me that God's attitude about those who reject Jesus and despise His sacrifice, during the time the seven last plagues are being poured out, will be the same attitude as the holy angels?

Re: God's will and Satan's actions [Re: Mountain Man] #82539
12/14/06 11:15 PM
12/14/06 11:15 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
MM: The holy angels praise God when evil angels destroy sinners in accordance with the permission God gave them. I do not believe God “uses” evil angels to do His bidding. He has holy angels to do that. But I do believe God allows evil angels to do things that serve His will and desire. It just so happens they are all too willing to oblige.

Do you agree?

………………………..

MM: When humans fill up the cup of God’s wrath, and God stops restraining evil angels – what does God expect them to do? I believe He expects the evil angels to destroy them. What other conclusion can there be? In this case, the evil angels are fulfilling God’s will and desire. They are doing exactly what He wants them to do.

Do you agree?

………………………..

MM: By the way, it is God’s will and desire that we resist the temptations He allows. Otherwise, He wouldn’t allow evil angels to tempt us.

TE: … it is possible that there are other reasons for why God would allow evil angels to tempt us other than His will and desire that we resist the temptations He allows.

MM: Okay. I’m open to suggestions. What are some of the “other reasons for why God would allow evil angels to tempt us”? By the way, I should have said – “It is God’s will and desire that we resist - unto His honor and glory - the temptations He allows.” By resisting temptation we disprove Satan’s accusations regarding the kingdom and character of God. We vindicate God.

I believe this is the main reason why He allows us to be tempted. He doesn't allow us to be tempted because He questions our loyalty. No way! Instead, God allows to be tempted so that we can demonstrate our loyalty. Test, trial, and temptation are divine appointments to showcase the power and praise of God Almighty.

Re: God's will and Satan's actions [Re: Mountain Man] #82551
12/15/06 12:40 AM
12/15/06 12:40 AM
Tom  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
MM: The holy angels praise God when evil angels destroy sinners in accordance with the permission God gave them. I do not believe God “uses” evil angels to do His bidding.

So you agree that your earlier response was wrong?

Quote:
TE: It sounds like you are saying, indeed, you are saying, that God uses Satan as His weapon, that Satan does God's bidding.

MM: Yes.

He has holy angels to do that. But I do believe God allows evil angels to do things that serve His will and desire. It just so happens they are all too willing to oblige.

Do you agree?

No, not at all. God's will was demonstrated by Jesus Christ. It is not demonstrated by Satan. In Satan we see what God's will is not.

………………………..

Do you agree?

Of course not. I believe this is Satanic. That is, Satan's will is Satanic, it is not God's will.

Also I believe you are incorrect in assuming that the evil angels will necessarily destroy those who refuse God's protection. He may bless them with riches, power, etc. in order to influence others away from Christ.

When God finally gives up on the those who refuse to respond to His Spirit, His will hasn't changed. He would still have them repent and be saved. He says, "Why will you die?" God is not willing that any should perish. This will is seen in the gift of His Son.

………………………..

MM: By the way, it is God’s will and desire that we resist the temptations He allows. Otherwise, He wouldn’t allow evil angels to tempt us.

TE: … it is possible that there are other reasons for why God would allow evil angels to tempt us other than His will and desire that we resist the temptations He allows.

MM: Okay. I’m open to suggestions. What are some of the “other reasons for why God would allow evil angels to tempt us”? By the way, I should have said – “It is God’s will and desire that we resist - unto His honor and glory - the temptations He allows.” By resisting temptation we disprove Satan’s accusations regarding the kingdom and character of God. We vindicate God.

I believe this is the main reason why He allows us to be tempted. He doesn't allow us to be tempted because He questions our loyalty. No way! Instead, God allows to be tempted so that we can demonstrate our loyalty. Test, trial, and temptation are divine appointments to showcase the power and praise of God Almighty.

Of course when God allows us to be tempted He desires that we resist. As to another reason why God allows us to be tempted, the fundamental reason is because there is a Great Controversy going on, and the only way it can be demonstrated what God's principles are in contrast to Satan's is to allow Satan the ability to make his case. That is, God must allow Satan enough leeway so that Satan cannot answer back, "You were unfair. I could have made my case if you had not prevented me from doing what I wanted, but you so tied my hands that I was never able to demonstrate the principles of my kingdom.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by dedication. 09/18/24 05:00 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 09/11/24 05:20 PM
The Judgment of the Living
by kland. 09/10/24 06:13 PM
Fireballs in the Sky
by kland. 09/10/24 06:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 09/10/24 11:45 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 09/03/24 05:48 PM
Are All Born Saved and All Choose to be Lost?
by dedication. 09/01/24 04:02 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 09/01/24 03:48 PM
Deep down, are humans basically good?
by kland. 08/28/24 12:10 PM
The fragility of our cultural lifestyle
by kland. 08/28/24 11:29 AM
O Canada for Freedom
by Rick H. 08/24/24 01:54 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by kland. 09/19/24 11:34 AM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 09/19/24 11:04 AM
SDA Infiltration by Jesuits?
by kland. 09/17/24 11:30 AM
The church appears about to fall.
by dedication. 09/16/24 03:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by kland. 09/05/24 09:39 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by dedication. 09/02/24 04:58 PM
Timeline of the Last Day Events
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:28 PM
Is God letting loose the Four Winds of Strife?
by Rick H. 08/31/24 07:29 AM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:13 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 08/31/24 03:57 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 08/30/24 08:22 PM
LLU Endorses Gay Pride Month!
by kland. 08/28/24 11:36 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!