HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Andrew, Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield
1325 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,223
Posts196,070
Members1,325
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 19
Rick H 16
Daryl 2
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (dedication, Kevin H, Karen Y, daylily), 2,156 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15
Re: Oct. 22, 1844 - More significant than we may think #8927
02/07/02 04:47 AM
02/07/02 04:47 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Charlene, so far what you have written is exactly what I believe. Although I might add the sins of those people in heaven still remain on the books and will not be blotted out and transferred to Satan until the return of Christ. Yes, they are covered, just not yet blotted from memory or book.

Moses and Elijah in particular hear about their sins every time they're read in the Bible. Which raises an interesting point: will we have a copy of the Bible throughout eternity? I tend to think not. Because then certain people mentioned in the Bible will remember their specific sins forever, whereas the Bible teaches that they will be blottted out of their mind. Of course we will never forget that we were once sinners saved by grace, but we are promised that we will not be able to recall the specifics. What do you think?

Re: Oct. 22, 1844 - More significant than we may think #8928
02/06/02 05:26 PM
02/06/02 05:26 PM
Charlene Van Hook  Offline
North Carolina, USA
Yes, Mark i do believe that all of God's people have had a clear understanding of the plan of salvation in regards to His future Sacrifice, the sacrifices of Cain and Able prove this is so. The tests of Abraham and others were very severe but the ones that are called upon to reveal God's character, i think, will go even to a greater degree of testing. My reasoning is that we are still here. What is God waiting for....the work to be finished in us, the test has not been completed for His number is not made up yet. There is going to be a special people...Having ALL truth revealed and living in harmony with this "All Truth" and standing firm in His power through the most severest testing of the history of His people. I see these as the 144.000 and those that are resurected at the special resurection will join the 144.000 but will not be part of them...Ellen White was told that if she remained faithul, She would be ressurected so she could see the coming of Christ, along with the 144.000 but she was not told she would become part of the 144.000.

The 144.000 are the end time people that have disproved the devil's accusations and are victorious in all the great temptations of great persecutions and tribulations. It is a prigilege to be living in this great time in History.....It will be a privilege to "count it all joy" to be severely tested, this is what the prayers of the Saints need to be focused on....more than trying times are ahead....The greatest tests will come and only Christ in us is the hope of Glory.

Re: Oct. 22, 1844 - More significant than we may think #8929
02/06/02 05:51 PM
02/06/02 05:51 PM
North Carolina, USA
Mike,
I think that is what I said.....The sins of the Saints that are in heaven are still on the books, but are just covered awaiting the "time of refreshing" to be blotted out. We are told that sins will leave scars that will be with us through out eternity....in what form i do not know...the Joy of heaven will not be deminished because of the scars but there will be some purpose or we would have not been told this.

Letters to Young Lovers-looking for Help---PG- 43
"Again my heart goes out to you. How is it with your soul? Have you a conscience void of offense toward God and man? Your associations, are they of that character to draw your mind
to God and to heavenly things, to increase in you reverence for your parents, pure and holy aspirations? Do you love the truth and the right? Or are you indulging in a creative imagination
that has no healthful influence upon the soul? Can you look back upon the last year of your life with satisfaction? Can you see a growth in spiritual power? Any low gratification, any self-indulgence, is a scar left upon the soul, and the noble powers of mind are corrupted. There may be repentance, but the soul is crippled, and will wear its scars through all time. Jesus can
wash away the sin but the soul has sustained a loss."

Don't want to get off topic. The understanding of the Blotting out of sins is very important..so correct me if this is wrong.

There are many that believe that as God forgives the repentant sins, He blots them out, so as their life progresses and the forgivness for sins continues and are blotted out...then at the last minute they fail and are lost....hell is the punishment for the last sin committed, because all other sins have been blotted out..another of Satan's lies..it might be comforting to some that hell will only hurt for one last sin.....but how sad not to know that when one is lost, all the sins that have been covered by His blood, are uncovered and the sinner will pay the "wage" of all sins he has committed.

Re: Oct. 22, 1844 - More significant than we may think #8930
02/06/02 06:51 PM
02/06/02 06:51 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Charlene, for several years now I've pondered that quote about the eternal effect of the scars of sin and one thing that kind of make sense to me is the idea that we will begin our walk in heaven where we left off here on earth - so whatever retarded our progress here will mean that we are that much behind for eternity.

That is, for eternity we will be one step behind where we might have been had we not sinned. Not in terms of sin, but in depth and degree of maturation. Like the difference between candle light and sunlight. As light we will shine more and more until the perfect day. Prov 4:18. Whereas eternity isn't long enough to exhaust our potential to shine brighter for Jesus. Again, the difference in intensity of light is not measured in terms of sin, but rather in terms of depth and degree of glory.

What about the Bible and eternity? Do you have thoughts on that?

Re: Oct. 22, 1844 - More significant than we may think #8931
02/06/02 07:09 PM
02/06/02 07:09 PM
North Carolina, USA
Mike I like your expalation of the scars of sin...it makes sense to me. if there is more to understand, we will learn it in God's time.

I"m sorry, I do not know exactly what you mean by "eternity and the Bible." Remember , so far i have only focused on page one. can you detail for me what you mean so I may address the particular?

Re: Oct. 22, 1844 - More significant than we may think #8932
02/06/02 08:43 PM
02/06/02 08:43 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
I'm referring to the last paragraph in my post twice back.

"Moses and Elijah in particular hear about their sins every time they're read in the Bible. Which raises an interesting point: will we have a copy of the Bible throughout eternity? I tend to think not. Because then certain people mentioned in the Bible will remember their specific sins forever, whereas the Bible teaches that they will be blottted out of their mind. Of course we will never forget that we were once sinners saved by grace, but we are promised that we will not be able to recall the specifics. What do you think?"

Re: Oct. 22, 1844 - More significant than we may think #8933
02/07/02 12:02 PM
02/07/02 12:02 PM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Charlene, below are two paragraphs from two of your posts on the blotting out of sin. I’m reposting them because I think they are important and biblically accurate.
quote:

I see the sins of the people of those gone before us are not blotted out but are covered, they are not placed on the scapegoat until Satan is led into the wilderness to die. The quotes that are here on page one of the “blotting out of sins” ..is a promise that is conditional upon the lives of each saint or sinner.

There are many that believe that as God forgives the repentant sins, He blots them out, so as their life progresses and the forgivness for sins continues and are blotted out...then at the last minute they fail and are lost....hell is the punishment for the last sin committed, because all other sins have been blotted out..another of Satan's lies..it might be comforting to some that hell will only hurt for one last sin.....but how sad not to know that when one is lost, all the sins that have been covered by His blood, are uncovered and the sinner will pay the "wage" of all sins he has committed.

Once you’ve finished reading the other pages, please share your thoughts!

Re: Oct. 22, 1844 - More significant than we may think #8934
02/07/02 12:11 PM
02/07/02 12:11 PM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Mike, don't let me interrupt, but just let me interject a couple questions while you wait for Charlene to respond.

What do you all think was sealed in Daniel's prophecies - the truth about the Most Holy ministry of Christ, or just it's timing? Was it sealed to all of the saints, or was is sealed to the unwise? Is there a parallel today when it says that none of the wicked will understand? Daniel finally understood the vision according to his own testimony. What did he understand - all of it or only part of it?

Re: Oct. 22, 1844 - More significant than we may think #8935
02/07/02 11:06 PM
02/07/02 11:06 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
If Rev 10 symbolizes the timing as to when the book of Daniel was unsealed and understood, then my guess is that his prophecies were not clear to God's people until sometime during and after the Millerite Movement.

Seems to me this kind of knowledge must first be understood before it can be a blessing since the work of the MHP was future before 1844. Perhaps some people understood Jesus' future ministry through other books of the Bible and may have benefited from it by claiming the work by faith. I don't know? What do you think?

Re: Oct. 22, 1844 - More significant than we may think #8936
02/08/02 04:27 AM
02/08/02 04:27 AM
A
adventbeliever  Offline
Abbotsford B.C. Canada
Hey Mike: you know how a passage of Scripture explains another, right? You mentioned Daniel 12:10 where it says, "Many shall be purified, made white, and refined, but the wicked shall do wickedly; and none of the wicked shall understand, but THE WISE SHALL UNDERSTAND."

Paul says, "Therefore, DO NOT BE UNWISE, but UNDERSTAND WHAT THE WILL OF THE LORD IS. And do not be drunked with wine in which there is much dissipation, but BE FILLED WITH THE SPIRIT." Eph.5:17,18.

Understand what the will of the Lord is! Paul says. Understand that the will of the Lord is expressed in His words and commands and that His will is omnipotent! In the beginning it was His will that light should shine out of darkness, He said the word and it was so because His will is omnipotent! The first chapter of Genesis contains the Gospel.

The command is "Be filled with the Spirit." It is the will of God that we be filled with the Spirit! His will is omnipotent. "My word shall accomplish that which I please." Isaiah 55:11. His will is what He pleases and what He pleases is expressed in His words and commands and it pleases Him that we be filled with His Spirit! It is so if we do not interpose an evil heart of unbelief! Heb.3:7,12.

Ellen White takes this passage of Scripture, and she writes:

"Our Lord Himself has given the command, 'Be filled with the Spirit' (Eph.5:18), and this command is also a promise of its fulfillment." M.B.21. Every command is a promise because it is the will of God which is omnipotent to fulfill every jot and tittle of what is expressed in that word! Therefore, His words and commands are my delight!

Jesus said, "The Words that I speak unto you, they are Spirit and they are life." John 6:63.

Christ Himself has given the command, "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart and your neighbor as thyself." This command is also a promise of its fulfillment! Accepted by the will, received as the voice of God speaking to the soul in promise, that word imparts power, it begets life, even the very life of the Infinite One. And the life which is thus received is in like manner sustained, "by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God." Matt.4:4.

It is possible that this is the truth that makes wise the simple? "The testimony (commandment) of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple." Ps.19:7. Is this possible that this is the message that is to be receiced, believed, and acted upon?

Jesus is in the most holy place of the heavenly sanctuary pleading His divine merits in our behalf, claiming the gift of the Spirit that He may pour it upon us! He desires us to understand that it is His will that we be filled with the Spirit through His words and commands! As we hear His words and commands, faith springs up in the heart! Rom.10:17.

[ February 08, 2002: Message edited by: adventbeliever ]

Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John
by dedication. 10/21/24 01:01 AM
Understanding the Battle of Armageddon
by dedication. 10/19/24 03:08 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 10/15/24 12:56 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 10/14/24 12:13 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 10/10/24 12:36 PM
The October 7th Massacre and Zechariah 9 Prophecy
by dedication. 10/08/24 05:41 PM
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 10/01/24 11:56 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by Rick H. 09/28/24 10:02 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by dedication. 10/21/24 08:37 PM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 10/15/24 05:21 PM
What Should Be Our Response to the "Sunday Laws"?
by dedication. 10/13/24 01:08 AM
Understanding the 1290 & 1335 of Daniel 12?
by dedication. 10/11/24 02:16 PM
Are The Prophecies Important?
by dedication. 10/08/24 04:18 PM
The Beast and the Image Beast
by Rick H. 10/05/24 04:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 10/03/24 11:50 PM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by kland. 10/03/24 12:06 PM
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!