HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Andrew, Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield
1325 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,223
Posts196,070
Members1,325
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 19
Rick H 16
Daryl 2
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (dedication, Kevin H, Karen Y), 2,288 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
Re: Oct. 22, 1844 - More significant than we may think #8937
02/08/02 04:47 AM
02/08/02 04:47 AM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
I think, Mike, we could make a case that anyone who studied the sanctuary service thoroughly could have been enlightened by the Holy Spirit on the Most Holy Place ministry of Christ.

For example, David, who meditated on the cerimonial law 'day and night' saw, when he went into the sanctuary, the end of the wicked. It seems to me that the end of the wicked is displayed most vividly in the sanctuary in the Fall Feasts - the Day of Atonement and the Feast of Booths. If David could see the final judgment of the wicked which takes place after the close of probation, is it stretching it to think he also understood the spiritual significance of the Day of Atonement?

Re: Oct. 22, 1844 - More significant than we may think #8938
02/08/02 03:19 PM
02/08/02 03:19 PM
G
Grant  Offline
New Member (Starting to Post)
Belleville, Ontario
God's blessings to you all and a special "Thank You" to Mark Shipowicks for his invitation to meet you all.

I'll keep this brief since I would like to go over the posts and pick up the thread regarding the 1844 topic. This topic will take some time and I want to be certain I 'get the drift' before commenting. It is a most interesting topic.

'nuff fer now, EH?

Grant Kyte

Re: Oct. 22, 1844 - More significant than we may think #8939
02/09/02 03:16 AM
02/09/02 03:16 AM
Charlene Van Hook  Offline
North Carolina, USA
sorry , but i have had computer problems for the last two days and just now got on....i will read what has been posted then begin to post again...another day....it is late now...have a wonderful Sabbath. God Bless

Re: Oct. 22, 1844 - More significant than we may think #8940
02/09/02 02:35 PM
02/09/02 02:35 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Whether or not King David understood the spiritual significance of Christ entering the MHP in 1844 I can't say, but it's probably safe to assume he did not experience what the post-disappointment Millerites went through during and after 1844 as described in Rev 10. Somehow I think the Millerites, and those of us today who believe Jesus entered the MHP in 1844 according to the prophecies, are in a unique position to experience the time dated promises of God in a way not available to the previous saints and believers. That's not to say that they couldn't in a limited way, through an anticipation of Jesus' MHP ministry, experience certain things similar to post-1844 believers.

Re: Oct. 22, 1844 - More significant than we may think #8941
02/09/02 02:38 PM
02/09/02 02:38 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Grant, welcome aboard, and happy sabbath. I look forward to your participation in this and other discussions. God bless.

Re: Oct. 22, 1844 - More significant than we may think #8942
02/09/02 07:40 PM
02/09/02 07:40 PM
North Carolina, USA
Mike,
In regard to the Bible and eternity, after some thought, conclude this. Not based on any scriptural references but just some thoughts from my studies.

I see we are talking about the two witnesses, the old and new Testament, the complete work of God's messages to the world. A guide book that points to eternity and the Everlasting Love Of God.

When Michael stands up and says "it is done"....
these probationary years, and the plan of salvation is finished. Only leaving the distruction of the wicked, sin and sinners must perish and the earth cleansed. This completes the Story of Redemption. The Bible prophecies have been fulfilled, the warnings given the faithful victorious and the rewards bestowed. Praise God! there is nothing left but the shouts of thanksgiving and praises to our loving Saviour.

Never will eveil arise again!

Do we need to remember God's deliverance, His saving grace, His mercy and forgiveness? Yes, we will sing the song of Victory, "Moses and the Lamb."

We need not turn pages in the Bible to hear the stories of the Heroes of Hebrews 11, we will listen attentively to the "eye witness accout" of those that lived through the experiences and Praise God together. The Miracle of the Angels shutting the mouths of the Lions, Through tears of joy, the account of the three Hebrews that refused to bow in worship to man, will be told to us by those that were saved without a hair on their heads singed. Moses, Noah, Sampson, Jonah, John the Baptist, the life of Jesus, Little or no record of much that has happened during the 6,000 years of our occupation of this sin sick world, has been written. Eternity may not be long enough to hear all the miracles of God. The Gospel has been revealed to the entire universe, Created beings in distant places have witnessed the Love of God and have seen His character vindicated. The records are inbedded in the hearts/minds and on the tongues/words of the saved. The Bible/Holy Spirit was ment for these times of probation, to teach and to bring the erring to repentance. With this work finished there are better things to come...learning at the feet of Jesus.

We are told that nature is a second Bible....How joyous it will be to turn the pages of the Beautiful Creations God has prepared for His Children. To study and learn the mysteries of nature....what a promise to look forward to.

I suspect...in some Celestial museum.. we will be able to point to the only Holy Book that could bring a rebellious people to this heavenly place.

Rev 16:17 "
And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done."

[ February 09, 2002: Message edited by: Charlene Van Hook ]

Re: Oct. 22, 1844 - More significant than we may think #8943
02/09/02 09:03 PM
02/09/02 09:03 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Welcome back, Charlene.

I am happy to see you were finally able to log in after the problem MSDAOL was having with its server space was finally corrected. We had lots of space account-wise, however, they had run out of space for the whole server, and, therefore, had to do an upgrade which they failed to notice until I finally realized it wasn't my space problem, but their space problem.

Don't reply to this here, unless it is a quick reply, as I don't want this to take away from the topic.

I also want to welcome Grant to MSDAOL.

Re: Oct. 22, 1844 - More significant than we may think #8944
02/10/02 03:50 AM
02/10/02 03:50 AM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Mike, I don't think David knew when the final atonement would be made - the 2300 day prophecy was given several centuries later - but I think he understood the spiritual significance of the Day of Atonement.

David, under the inspiration of the Spirit, drew up the plans for the temple. At the same time he also made regulations for the new structure. These regulations have not been preserved for us in scripture, and they are only very imperfectly preserved in Jewish writings. But there is general agreement among ancient and modern scholars that the Davidic regulations supplemented the Mosaic.

David appears to have passed on his indepth knowledge of the spiritual significance of the services to Solomon. Jewish tradition claims that Solomon understood the spiritual significance of all of the services, the only exception being some of the symbolism connected to the red heifer.

Thanks Charlene for your posts. Always an inspiration.

And a special welcome to Grant.

Re: Oct. 22, 1844 - More significant than we may think #8945
02/10/02 10:05 PM
02/10/02 10:05 PM
North Carolina, USA
Mark,
I have reread all pages now and you, along with others here have delved into this subject far more than i have. I am i take the simple truths of the sanctuary and don't dig like you have. so my comments will not be as informative as you might like. I think this is a very important subject and I also think one can get overwheled by it if not taught in a simple way.

My comments:

I see the whole plan of salvation is from the foundation of the world. Forgiveness and reformation of the repentant sinner was in the plan from the beginning. The promise being recorded in Gen. 3:15 the first lamb that was slain was the introduction of the teaching of the sanctuary doctrine. From the beginning, this only benfited those that believed in a coming Saviour. The promise was given to Adam and Eve so we know it was handed down to the generations to come....along with the pomises for redemption. when God's people 'departed from their faith and became captive....they lost the teachings that was once treasured and Moses was chosen to be the "christ" that would deliver His people.
The "Everlasting Gospel" has been the same from the beinning also. Christ has always wanted to occupy the hearts of His people...instead they externalized the promises and never gained a "Christ in you the Hope of Glory" belief. They became lovers of the ordinances and symbols rather than what they represented. Holding God at bay instead letting Him rule their lives. It was a whole economy that was at stake, and they were not willing to let go of self.

Every generation from Adam and Eve depends on the Sprinkling of the Blood on their behalf, for their salvation. For some it was yet to come, for others, they looked back.

The most Holy place is the innermost heart and the second apartment. The cleansing needs to be the heart. Fitness for the kingdom above. Christ is now sprinkling the blood for those whose lives totaly depend on Him. His Merits must be applied to me for me to be able to stand before a Holy God when the last trump shall sound. Those that have rejected the teaching that we must by faith move into the Most Holy place have rejected the cleansing power of God. When Christ moved into the MHP in 1844, those that came to the understanding of what was taking place, moved with Him to be made ready for the final touch of immortality.

I see the record book with PARDON written across the forgiven sins of the saints. But PARDON is conditional. The pardon must be maintained. The blotting out takes place just before he returns. I remember the note about Mary Magdalene "She was forgiven much so she loved much". This means that she remembered all that had been forgiven and it humbled her heart. Like eternity, we may experience it from the moment we give our life to Ghrist, but we do not inherit it until He comes. In the same sense...our pardoned sins wipe the records clean but we do not experience it until the times of refreshing.

The subject of the 144,000 is not for speculation, and i do not participate in explaining "who these are", like Sister White says...we will soon know.

The prayers of the people that have rejected the sanctuary message and will not enter into the MHP....they are an abomination to the Lord. Like the Jews of old that rejected the Messiah, they cannot benifit form Christ's work in the Sanctuary, so are lost. Only as converted individual Belivers can they come "boldly to the throne of Grace."

The plan of the Sanctuary, i believe is eternal because other worlds, years before this earth was created....had the Tree of Good and Evil, and the possibility to be decieved by Satan. Until they passed this test, there was the chance of sin. The plan in design was in place but not inplemented until Gen.3:15

just my take.....and if i come up with more....i will post your all doing a great job but some things you are posting are confusing to me, not simple enough for my brain.....God Bless

Re: Oct. 22, 1844 - More significant than we may think #8946
02/10/02 10:31 PM
02/10/02 10:31 PM
North Carolina, USA
DAY STAR ARTICLE====SANCTUARY

- The Day-Star--DT- 03-14-46--- Letter from Sister Harmon Falmouth Mass., Feb., 15, 1846

Bro. Jacobs:--
My vision which you published in the Day-Star was written under a deep sense of duty, to you, not expecting you would publish it. Had I for once thought it was to be spread before the many readers of your paper, I should have been more particular and stated some things which I left out. As the readers of the Day-Star have seen a part of what God has revealed to me, and
as the part which I have not written is of vast importance to the Saints; I humbly request you to publish this also in your paper. God showed me the
following, one year ago this month:--I saw a throne, and on it sat the Father and his Son Jesus Christ. I gazed on Jesus' countenance and admired his lovely person. The Fathers person I could not behold for a cloud of glorious light covered him. I asked Jesus if his Father had a form like himself; He said he had, but I could not behold it; for, said he, if you should for once see the glory of his person, you would cease to exist. Before the throne was the Advent people, the Church, and the world. I saw a company bowed down before the throne, deeply interested while most of them stood up
disinterested and careless. Those who were bowed before the throne would offer up their prayers and look to Jesus, then he would look to his Father and appeared to be pleading with him. Then a light came from the Father to his Son and from him to the praying company. Then I saw an exceeding bright light come from the Father to the Son and from the Son it waved over the
people before the throne. But few would receive this great light. Many came out from under it and immediately resisted it. Others were careless and did not cherish the light and it moved off from them. Some cherished it and went and bowed down before the throne with the little praying company. This company all received the light, and rejoiced in it as their countenances shone with its glory. Then I saw the Father rise from the throne and in a flaming chariot go into the Holy of Holies within the vail, and did sit. There I saw thrones which I had not seen before. Then Jesus rose up from the throne, and most of those who were bowed down rose up with him. And I did not see one ray of light pass from Jesus to the careless multitude after he rose up, and they were left in perfect darkness. Those who rose up when Jesus did, kept their eyes fixed on him as he left the throne, and led them out a little
way, then he raised his right arm and we heard his lovely voice saying, wait ye, I am going to my Father to receive the Kingdom. Keep your garments spotless and in a little while I will return from the wedding, and receive you to myself. And I saw a cloudy chariot with wheels like flaming fire. Angels were all about the chariot as it came where Jesus was; he stepped into it and was borne to the Holiest where the Father sat. Then I beheld Jesus as he was before the Father a great High Priest. On the hem of his garment was a bell and a pomegranate, a bell and a pomegranate. Then Jesus shewed me the
difference between faith and feeling. And I saw those who rose up with Jesus send up their faith to Jesus in the Holiest, and praying, Father give us thy spirit. Then Jesus would breathe on them the Holy Ghost. In the breath was light, power and much love, joy and peace.

(Consequences of refusing the light of the sanctuary, 3 angels messages, investigative Judgement =……..)

Then I turned to look at the company who were still bowed before the throne. They did not know that Jesus had left it. Satan appeared to be by the throne trying to carry on the work of God. I saw them look up to the throne and pray, My Father give us thy spirit. Then Satan would breathe on them an unholy influence. In it there was light and much power, but no sweet love, joy and peace. Satan's object was to keep them deceived and to draw back and deceive God's children. I saw one after another leave the company who were praying to Jesus in the Holiest, go and join those before the throne and they at once received the unholy influence of Satan.

The Day-Star-- 03-14-46--Letter from Sister Harmon Falmouth Mass., Feb., 15, 1846
About four months since, I had a vision of events, all in the future. And I saw the time of trouble, such as never was,--Jesus told me it was the time of Jacob's trouble, and that we should be delivered out of it by the voice of God. Just before we entered it, we all received the seal of the living God. Then I saw the four Angels cease to hold the four winds. And I saw famine, pestilence and sword, nation rose against nation, and the whole WORLD was in confusion. Then we cried to God for deliverance day and night till be began to hear the bells on Jesus' garment. And I saw Jesus rise up in the Holiest, and as he came out we heard the tinkling of bells, and knew our High Priest was coming out. Then we heard the voice of God which shook the heavens and earth, and gave the 144,000 the day and hour of Jesus' coming. Then the saints were free, united and full of the glory of God, for he had turned their captivity. And I saw a flaming cloud come where Jesus stood and he laid off his priestly garment and put on his kingly robe, took his place on the cloud which carried him to the east where it first appeared to the saints on earth, a small black cloud, which was the sign of the Son of Man. While the cloud was passing from the Holiest to the east which took a number of days, the Synagogue of Satan worshiped at the saints feet. Ellen G. Harmon

Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John
by dedication. 10/21/24 01:01 AM
Understanding the Battle of Armageddon
by dedication. 10/19/24 03:08 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 10/15/24 12:56 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 10/14/24 12:13 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 10/10/24 12:36 PM
The October 7th Massacre and Zechariah 9 Prophecy
by dedication. 10/08/24 05:41 PM
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 10/01/24 11:56 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by Rick H. 09/28/24 10:02 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by dedication. 10/21/24 08:37 PM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 10/15/24 05:21 PM
What Should Be Our Response to the "Sunday Laws"?
by dedication. 10/13/24 01:08 AM
Understanding the 1290 & 1335 of Daniel 12?
by dedication. 10/11/24 02:16 PM
Are The Prophecies Important?
by dedication. 10/08/24 04:18 PM
The Beast and the Image Beast
by Rick H. 10/05/24 04:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 10/03/24 11:50 PM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by kland. 10/03/24 12:06 PM
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!