HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Andrew, Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield
1325 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,223
Posts196,067
Members1,325
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 21
Rick H 16
Daryl 2
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Dina, 1 invisible), 2,043 guests, and 14 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 39 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 38 39
Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: Mountain Man] #91626
08/29/07 07:59 PM
08/29/07 07:59 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
I am reposting this post:

Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
The following quotes teach that the wages of sin is death, that pardon does not negate the death penalty. Jesus had to die for us because someone has to die for our sins. There is no way around it.

AG 139
Justice demands that sin be not merely pardoned, but the death penalty must be executed. God, in the gift of His only-begotten Son, met both these requirements. By dying in man's stead, Christ exhausted the penalty and provided a pardon. {AG 139.2}

1BC 1086
In the plan of redemption there must be the shedding of blood, for death must come in consequence of man's sin. The beasts for sacrificial offerings were to prefigure Christ. In the slain victim, man was to see the fulfillment for the time being of God's word, "Ye shall surely die" {1BC 1086.7}

Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: Mountain Man] #91627
08/29/07 08:01 PM
08/29/07 08:01 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
PS - I'll be away on assignment until next week. Tom, I hope you get a chance to address the points I raised on page 4 and 5 of this thread. Thank you.

Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: Mountain Man] #91629
08/29/07 10:50 PM
08/29/07 10:50 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
I looked at the previous page, and did come across one post I had not addressed, but only one. I’m addressing it here. If there are other points you wish to have addressed, either because I missed them and didn’t comment, or because my comment did not adequately address your point, please repost them (or, if I missed a long post, you can try to redirect me to it). Thanks.

1. That beings from “other worlds” chose not to rebel with Satan is evident from the fact they were not banished to earth with him.

I don’t know why you’re mentioning this. This was never in question.

2. That Satan tried to persuade them to rebel with him is evident from the quotes I posted in my last post. Their decision was final. No further temptations would have led them astray.

Nor this. Their decision wasn’t final. They could have changed their mind. The cross settled thing in the minds of all the unfallen beings.

3. That they were tested with a forbidden tree is evident from the same list of quotes. However, the quotes do not indicate whether or not Satan tried to deceive them at the forbidden tree.

Of course he did. He wants as many on his side as possible. The fact that he was allowed access at the tree implies, of course!, that he tempted them there.

4. Although they felt Satan was worthy of death, it is clear they did not understand the relationship between sinning and dying. They needed more evidence.

Evidence of what?

5. Had man successfully resisted Satan at the forbidden tree, he would have been made eternally secure. Satan would have had no one else to tempt. Watching the evil angels squabble among themselves would have served no purpose. The great controversy would have ended.

The questions Satan had raised would still have had to be dealt with. It wasn’t until the cross that the unfallen beings were secured. You should be aware of this, as the quotes have been presented in past conversations. If not, I can reproduce the quotes. The opening paragraphs of „It is Finished“ is one place that speaks of this.

6. "I'm also not sure where you are getting the idea that the beings from other worlds chose not to eat of the forbidden tree long before Lucifer was created." I never said such a thing.

I meant to write "long before Lucifer fell"

Sin (as an idea, as a concept) will exist throughout eternity. Sinning, however, will not happen again.

Sin will cease to exist. This is the clear teaching of inspiration, and, indeed, is what the Great Controversy is all about; to bring an end to sin. Here is one text which states this truth (that sin will cease to exist).

Quote:
The great controversy is ended. Sin and sinners are no more. The entire universe is clean.(GC 678)

A sometimes frustrating circumstance in dialogging with you is your reluctance to admit to being in error. (Instead, you may make claims that the words, as you use them, do not mean the same thing as words mean when used by others.)

The statement "sin and sinners are no more" means that sin no longer exists.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: Rosangela] #91631
08/30/07 12:51 AM
08/30/07 12:51 AM
Daryl  Offline
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
 Originally Posted By: Rosangela
"As anciently the sins of the people were by faith placed upon the sin offering and through its blood transferred, in figure, to the earthly sanctuary, so in the new covenant the sins of the repentant are by faith placed upon Christ and transferred, in fact, to the heavenly sanctuary." {GC 421.3}

That's why I said that, in my opinion, it's not the blood which defiles, but sin. The blood (of Christ's sacrifice) is the means (the provision) through which our sins can be removed from us and transferred to the sanctuary. Instead of continuing to condemn and defile us, they are transferred to the sanctuary; thus we may be considered innocent (pronounced just) and the registry of our sins remains there, to be blotted out in the judgment.

Seeing that the writings of EGW are a lesser light leading to the greater light, can this EGW quote be backed by a Bible reference?

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: Daryl] #91633
08/30/07 02:46 AM
08/30/07 02:46 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
She's explaining the sanctuary service, so Bible texts which deal with the sanctuary service could be cited.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: Tom] #91638
08/30/07 11:41 PM
08/30/07 11:41 PM
Daryl  Offline
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Is there a Bible text about the blood being transferred as stated in that EGW quote, again quoted below?
 Quote:

"As anciently the sins of the people were by faith placed upon the sin offering and through its blood transferred, in figure, to the earthly sanctuary, so in the new covenant the sins of the repentant are by faith placed upon Christ and transferred, in fact, to the heavenly sanctuary." {GC 421.3}

If so, then give me a Bible answer. \:\)

Daryl smile

Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: Daryl] #91640
08/31/07 02:59 AM
08/31/07 02:59 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Look at Hebrews.

What Ellen White wrote, that you quoted, would have been obvious to anyone familiar with the Hebrew customs. She was simply saying that the heavenly sanctuary was the anti-type to the type, which was the earthly sanctuary, which the Hebrews already knew. There was no need for Scripture to state what she wrote, since that was already obvious to them.

Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: Tom] #91644
08/31/07 10:04 PM
08/31/07 10:04 PM
Daryl  Offline
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
So are you saying there isn't any actual specific Bible text to back up that the blood is transferred, "in figure, to the earthly sanctuary"?

Daryl smile

Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: Daryl] #91653
09/01/07 03:30 AM
09/01/07 03:30 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
That's what the Bible text means, Daryl! It's like, for example, the Bible says, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." and Ellen White writes, "Man was deceived; his mind was darkened by Satan's sophistry. The height and depth of the love of God he did not know. For him there was hope in a knowledge of God's love. By beholding His character he might be drawn back to God." and you ask, "Is there any text in the Bible that says this" and one answers, "Yes, there's John 3:16". One could say, "but it doesn't specifically say that," however, that's the meaning of the text.

Similarly, regarding the sanctuary service, Ellen White is simply explaining the meaning of the text. People who are familiar with the Hebrew culture (which, of course, any of those who were alive when the Scripture texts about the sanctuary were written would be) would understand the meaning of the text. But now we live in a different time and culture, and are far removed from the Hebrew culture and time in which the sanctuary service was as natural a metaphor as cars or televisions would be for us today. So God sends a prophet to explain what the texts mean, a lesser light to point to the greater light. But the meaning of the texts was always there in the text.

You can't expect that a book written thousands of years ago would use the same language and means to explain things as 19th century English. So if your question is, "Is there some Bible text that uses the same sentence construction and words as a 19th century author writing in a Western language did" then the answer is "No, of course not." But if you're wondering where to find the same meaning of what Ellen White wrote, the answer is, look at the texts which speak of that which Ellen White is describing, because what she is explaining is implicit in those texts (and actually explicit for those to whom these things were written).

Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: Daryl] #91654
09/01/07 04:23 AM
09/01/07 04:23 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
 Originally Posted By: Daryl Fawcett
So are you saying there isn't any actual specific Bible text to back up that the blood is transferred, "in figure, to the earthly sanctuary"?

Are you asking about the blood, or sin? If you want texts showing blood sprinkled everywhere, they're in Leviticus.

But the EGW quote is talking about sin being transferred.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Page 6 of 39 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 38 39

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John
by dedication. 10/18/24 11:18 AM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 10/15/24 12:56 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 10/14/24 12:13 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 10/10/24 12:36 PM
The October 7th Massacre and Zechariah 9 Prophecy
by dedication. 10/08/24 05:41 PM
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 10/01/24 11:56 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by Rick H. 09/28/24 10:02 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 09/22/24 02:05 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 10/15/24 05:21 PM
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by kland. 10/15/24 05:12 PM
What Should Be Our Response to the "Sunday Laws"?
by dedication. 10/13/24 01:08 AM
Understanding the 1290 & 1335 of Daniel 12?
by dedication. 10/11/24 02:16 PM
Are The Prophecies Important?
by dedication. 10/08/24 04:18 PM
The Beast and the Image Beast
by Rick H. 10/05/24 04:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 10/03/24 11:50 PM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by kland. 10/03/24 12:06 PM
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!