HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Andrew, Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield
1325 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,223
Posts196,070
Members1,325
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 19
Rick H 16
Daryl 2
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Kevin H, Karen Y, daylily, TheophilusOne), 1,877 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
The Great Controversy and an Altar Call #9691
02/01/03 10:52 AM
02/01/03 10:52 AM
D
Doug Meister  Offline OP
The North State - California
The Great Controversy between Christ and Satan is the battle for the souls of mankind. As it was in The Garden of Eden there was a tree put there to test the new couple to see which character they would choose: God's character of Agapé Love or Satan's character of Self. We all are well aware of their horrible choice.

And now here on earth the cosmic battle continues. Christ has claimed His own and willingly infuses His glorious character of love into anyone willing to be made like Him. But many are they that will be eternally lost. No one will be lost that does not choose Self over Agapé Love.

Satan has sifted for the souls of men and is claiming many to be his servants. Sadly these people will feel hurt by things in their life and surroundings. Slowly self will croud out Christ's love until all they see is others seeking to hurt them.

IF this is happening in your life, pray to Almighty God to help you and to fill your heart with the true love of Jesus. Let the Cross of Christ croud out feelings of self. Pray urgently and diligently that Jesus will help you. He will not refuse. Without this help from God the wayward person will continue down the road to Self until it is too late to turn back. Ask God for discernment of your true state - so that you will be able to see your errors.

If any of you reading this now think that even by some stretch that you could possibly be allowing self to rule in your life even in a small way. Further if it is your desire to have these feelings removed by Christ, and you would like to re-dedicate your life to God - please step forward and stand for Christ Jesus our Lord and Saviour

Oh dear God, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, the God of Jacob, the God of Elijah, my God - please accept us as yours, please fill us with the love that Jesus had for the human race as He poured out his blood for us while we were yet sinners and enemies of you and in rebellion, and fill us with your love. Make us able to see ourselves as we really are - wretched, naked, and poor. fill us with your Holy Spirit and make us willing and happy servants of yours, Oh God. Let us go forth from here with a renewal of our hearts, filled with the love of Jesus - no one loves us more.

In Jesus name, A-men.
--Ðøug  -

Re: The Great Controversy and an Altar Call #9692
02/01/03 03:23 PM
02/01/03 03:23 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Doug, so true. Thank you. But must we beg God to do those things He is ready and willing to do? Must we ask Him to do things He is already doing? In your prayer you wrote, "Please accept us as yours...." Jesus made it clear that God already loves us, already accepts us, thus shouldn't our prayer be -

Thank you Lord for loving us with an everlasting love, thank you for sending Jesus to live and die for our salvation, thank you for the Holy Spirit who empowers us to daily live in harmony with the example of Jesus. Thank you for doing everything you can to influence our loved ones to accept and acknowledge Jesus as their personal Saviour. You are altogether lovely, and incredibly awesome. I love you with all my heart. Thank you for coming into my heart, you are welcome to stay. Thank you for making it possible for me to pray in the name of sweet Jesus. Amen.

Do you see the difference? And does it matter?

Re: The Great Controversy and an Altar Call #9693
02/01/03 10:15 PM
02/01/03 10:15 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
quote:

But must we beg God to do those things He is ready and willing to do?

Are we still not supposed to ask God to do for us what we know He wants to do for us?

Re: The Great Controversy and an Altar Call #9694
02/02/03 01:17 AM
02/02/03 01:17 AM
Charlene Van Hook  Offline
North Carolina, USA
yes, we must beg.....

Like Jacob, we must cling to Jesus and not "let Him go unless He bless us."

"Strive to enter in" Seek with all our hearts to find,,, the gifts are ready and and The God of Mercy and Grace is willing to give gifts to His children, but we must Ask that we may recieve.

I think nothing would please Jesus more than for us to repent and beg for His forgivness and mercy like the parable of the two servants of Mathew 18.

Re: The Great Controversy and an Altar Call #9695
02/02/03 03:17 PM
02/02/03 03:17 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
1. What can you beg God to do that He isn't already doing better than you can possibly imagine and plead for?

2. Will any of your begging and pleading change God's mind, or influence Him to act and answer contrary to His will?

3. Does God pace back and forth wringing His hands until we give Him permission to do those things necessary for the completion of the gospel and great controversy?

Re: The Great Controversy and an Altar Call #9696
02/02/03 06:23 PM
02/02/03 06:23 PM
Charlene Van Hook  Offline
North Carolina, USA
Silly, We cannot ever expect God do do something against his purpose or will, however we have evidence of God answering man as he pleads to God and God changes His mind.

Just two comes to mind but i know there are more,
Moses and Hezekiah.

Also we are told in SOP that God answers our prayers that he would not have answered, unless we asked. And do not for get intercessory paryers.....much of which would not be answered, had not one be impressed to "plead" for whatever.

God does not just dole out blessings because He is able and wants to. He is willing, more willing to give gifts than our earthly father, but we need to ask. The Holy Spirit comes because we ask. The Spirit will come in Great measure only by earnest [pleading] prayers. This is not a trivial subject.

--Messages to young people PG- 268

"Do not neglect secret prayer, for it is the soul of religion. With earnest, fervent prayer, plead for purity of soul. Plead as earnestly, as eagerly, as you would for your mortal life, were it at stake. Remain before God until unutterable longings are begotten within you for salvation, and the sweet evidence is obtained of pardoned sin."

God's Amazing Grace--- Press Your Case [BEG]
-PG- 87

I saw how this grace could be obtained. Go to your closet and there alone plead with God. "Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me" (Ps. 51:10). Be in
earnest, be sincere. Fervent prayer availeth much. Jacob-like, wrestle in prayer. Agonize. Jesus in the garden sweat great drops of blood; you must make an effort. Do not leave your closet until you feel strong in God; then watch, and just as long as you watch and pray, you can keep these evil besetments under, and the grace of God can, and will, appear in you."

Re: The Great Controversy and an Altar Call #9697
02/03/03 02:51 PM
02/03/03 02:51 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
1. Yes, but at point do we acknowledge that God has answered our prayer for purity?

2. Does God answer our prayer as soon as we believe it? Or, must we continue to plead until He believes it?

3. Can we ever come to the point where we just immediately believe God has answered our prayer, without long delays of unbelief? Or, must we always pray hard enough until we first persuade ourselves that He will answer our prayer? Will we always be so hard of believing?

You see, I do not doubt that God answers my prayers, so I do not find myself pleading or begging for Him to answer my prayers. I am fully persuaded in my mind and heart that God loves answering my prayers, and that He answers them as soon as I pray, and sometimes even before I pray, because He can answer them on credit knowing that I will be praying for it.

Also, God does not stop answering last week's prayers, or last year's prayers, and He has not stopped answering Jesus' prayers when He walked among men 2,000 years ago. When I first asked God, many years ago, to do everything He can to influence my children to respond favorably to the wooing of the Holy Spirit, I believe He is still answering that prayer. So that nowadays, instead of asking Him to do something He is already doing, I thank Him for doing it.

But I get the impression you think I'm doing something wrong because I no longer need to plead with God until I overcome my unbelief. But is it really wrong to immediately believe that God has answered my prayer, without first having to persuade myself, without always first having to overcome doubt?

Re: The Great Controversy and an Altar Call #9698
02/03/03 03:16 PM
02/03/03 03:16 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Daryl wrote:

"Are we still not supposed to ask God to do for us what we know He wants to do for us?"

Why haven't you already asked for those things? And if you have already asked, and God has already answered, why do you feel you need to beg and plead with Him again and again? Can't you just thank Him for continually answering your initial request?

Or, do our prayers run out of gas after a day and God quits answering them? If so, how long must we beg and plead with God before He is willing to resume answering our original prayer, the one He answered all day the day before?

As I see it, God answers our prayers as long as we continue to believe He is answering our prayers. If we believe for a hour then He answers that prayer for an hour, if we believe for a day then He answers it for a day, and if we believe for the rest of our lives then He answers it all the time. If we never stop believing then we never need to beg and plead afresh every day as if we stopped believing and God stopped answering. It is great faith that continues to believe and then daily thanks God for continuing to answer prayer.

Re: The Great Controversy and an Altar Call #9699
02/03/03 10:42 PM
02/03/03 10:42 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Charlene said:

quote:

Silly, We cannot ever expect God do do something against His purpose or will, however we have evidence of God answering man as he pleads to God and God changes His mind.

I seem to be saying this often. This could be a topic in itself. [Smile]

I can think of at least two instances where it seems that God did answer against His purpose or will. Please correct me, if I am wrong about these two instances.

1 - What about Israel asking for a king? Didn't He give them a king much against His purpose or will?

2 - What about their asking for quail instead of the manna He was feeding them? Did He not grant their request much against His purpose or will?

Why did God grant them these requests, particularly their request for a king like the other nations? We can see the mostly sad results of Israel having a human king.

Re: The Great Controversy and an Altar Call #9700
02/03/03 11:03 PM
02/03/03 11:03 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
It was God's will to punish them for throwing tantrums over things they wanted. It was God's purpose to punish them and to teach them a lesson. So, He didn't do anything against His will or purpose.

P.S. Are we going to overlook the questions I asked in my last two posts?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Fourth quarter, 2024, The Gospel of John
by dedication. 10/21/24 01:01 AM
Understanding the Battle of Armageddon
by dedication. 10/19/24 03:08 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 10/15/24 12:56 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 10/14/24 12:13 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 10/10/24 12:36 PM
The October 7th Massacre and Zechariah 9 Prophecy
by dedication. 10/08/24 05:41 PM
When they say Peace and Safety...
by Rick H. 10/01/24 11:56 AM
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by Rick H. 09/28/24 10:02 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 09/22/24 02:05 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Understanding the 1,260-year Prophecy
by dedication. 10/21/24 08:37 PM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by kland. 10/15/24 05:21 PM
What Should Be Our Response to the "Sunday Laws"?
by dedication. 10/13/24 01:08 AM
Understanding the 1290 & 1335 of Daniel 12?
by dedication. 10/11/24 02:16 PM
Are The Prophecies Important?
by dedication. 10/08/24 04:18 PM
The Beast and the Image Beast
by Rick H. 10/05/24 04:40 AM
A campaign against the church
by dedication. 10/03/24 11:50 PM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by kland. 10/03/24 12:06 PM
The 1260 Year Prophecy & The Roman Catholic Church
by dedication. 09/26/24 06:13 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!