HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,217
Posts195,963
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 27
kland 24
Daryl 4
asygo 3
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
7 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Kevin H, Daryl, TheophilusOne, 2 invisible), 1,830 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17
Re: The truth about the fall #9961
09/16/03 07:39 PM
09/16/03 07:39 PM
Darius  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Muncie, IN
Mike, you are missing the entire picture. No one has claimed that Eve did not know. No one has claimed that she did not deserve to be punished. Why are you out on that limb. The point is that the Bible says that she was deceived. This is contrary to popular Christian doctrine that she rebelled. And the evidence that she was truly deceived lies in the fact that he knowledge came second hand. Had she known first hand from God it could not have been called deception.

Re: The truth about the fall #9962
09/16/03 07:56 PM
09/16/03 07:56 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
What's the difference whether Eve knew first-hand or second-hand? Either way, Eve was still deceived. Whether it was first-hand or second-hand, Eve was definitely warned!

As far as what Ellen White said, I can accept that God also told Eve herself. After all, I believe Ellen White was also divinely inspired.

Just because Moses never said it in the Scriptures, and Ellen White did, doesn't contradict the Scriptures.

I believe it was a mute point with Moses as I also believe the focus was more on what Adam knowingly did rather than on what Eve was deceived into doing. T

he Scrpitures also didn't blantantly come out and say that Eve separated herself from Adam, however, it is apparent she did, which Ellen White described in detail.

All Ellen White did was added more detail that doesn't contradict the Scriptures as the Scriptures were silent on whether or not God or Adam, or even both warned Eve.

Re: The truth about the fall #9963
09/16/03 08:19 PM
09/16/03 08:19 PM
Darius  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Muncie, IN
quote:
Originally posted by Daryl Fawcett:
What's the difference whether Eve knew first-hand or second-hand? Either way, Eve was still deceived. Whether it was first-hand or second-hand, Eve was definitely warned!

But if Eve knew first hand Paul was wrong. That is crucial since he is the only biblical writer who corroborates Moses' account. He does it twice and each time he says she was deceived. I find it difficult to believe you seriously do not see the difference between committing an act under the influence of deception or with full and complete knowledge.

Re: The truth about the fall #9964
09/17/03 10:54 PM
09/17/03 10:54 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Darius, I enjoy studying with you, but please dispense with the personal insults. I do not appreciate some of your comments. Thank you.

I agree with Daryl. Eve was warned personally by God not to eat the forbidden fruit. It does not increase or decrease her guilt one iota even if she had been warned second hand. Eve clearly said that God warned her not to eat fruit. I've shared this before on this thread.

Paul and Moses are both right. Ellen White is right. All three inspired accounts agree perfectly. I do not detect any discrepancies in the insights shared by these inspired authors. Eve was deceived into eating the fruit God told her not to eat. Adam unwisely resolved to share her fate. That's the truth about the fall.

Re: The truth about the fall #9965
09/17/03 11:27 PM
09/17/03 11:27 PM
Darius  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Muncie, IN
I apologize for any hurt caused. I don't mean to be insulting.

Just answer this solitary question. If Eve had been told by God not to eat of the fruit then there would be no doubt in her mind that God had said not to eat of that tree. The only way for her to eat of the tree would be for her to decide that she would not pay heed to what God had said. That would not be deception. So how can you both say that she was told firsthand and that Paul was correct in saying she was deceived? This is more than just words. Nor can you deny the fact that the clear implication of Moses' account is that she did not hear it from God, else he would have included it in his story.

If you can show me how a person going against what they heard first hand is still deception I'll lose some of my frustration. At this point all I can see is a desire to protect EGW at all costs.

Re: The truth about the fall #9966
09/18/03 02:12 PM
09/18/03 02:12 PM
Darius  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Muncie, IN
quote:
Originally posted by Daryl Fawcett:
As far as what Ellen White said, I can accept that God also told Eve herself. After all, I believe Ellen White was also divinely inspired.

I have been wrestling with this issue and this is what God showed me last night. EGW states that God repeatedly told Adam AND Eve not to eat of the tree. Why would God repeat a message to creatures with perfect memory and recall? This is solid evidence that EGW was simply bolstering a personal belief rather than a direct revelation from God.

Re: The truth about the fall #9967
09/18/03 08:06 PM
09/18/03 08:06 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Darius, apology accepted. Thank you. To answer your sole question - Eve was not deceived into believing God never warned her not to eat the forbidden fruit, rather she was deceived into believing eating the fruit would improve her intellect and likeness to God. She made it clear to the serpent that God told her not to eat the forbidden fruit.

BTW, I do not recall reading where Sister White wrote that God "repeatedly" warned Adam and Eve not to eat the forbidden fruit. Please share that quote. Thank you.

Re: The truth about the fall #9968
09/18/03 10:17 PM
09/18/03 10:17 PM
Darius  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Muncie, IN
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Lowe:
Eve was not deceived into believing God never warned her not to eat the forbidden fruit, rather she was deceived into believing eating the fruit would improve her intellect and likeness to God.

Since you insist on making this point I would point out to you that what you claim was deception was not. Instead of your version I will quote Moses' account of what Eve perceived. V 4: "the serpent said to the woman. 5 "For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil." V 22: "And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil." God Himself says that what was stated by the serpent was the truth. That can hardly be called deception.
quote:

She made it clear to the serpent that God told her not to eat the forbidden fruit.

I hate to break this to you but you could not have come to this interpretation had you not read EGW's account and been determined to make the biblcal account match hers. The serpent did not ask "Did God tell you . . .?" He asked "Did God say X?" The focus is on what was said not on who said it to whom.

Re: The truth about the fall #9969
09/19/03 08:17 PM
09/19/03 08:17 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
The serpent asked, "Did God really say, You must not eat..." Gen 3:1 (NIV). He did not say, Did God really tell Adam, You must not eat. Eve responded by saying, "... but God did say, You must not eat..." I've said it before, how could Moses have made it any clearer that Eve was warned by God Himself?

Also, whether the devil told the truth about the consequences of eating the forbidden fruit does not take away from the fact he used the truth to get Eve to eat the fruit God told her not to eat. What a clever deception!

Someone sent me a private email and suggested that I share with you the following insights: Why are con artists successful? Isn't because they usually mix just enough truth and error to get people to fall for their scam? They use deception to get people to do things they would otherwise not do. Eve said God told her not to eat the forbidden fruit, but the devil deceived her into doing it. He deceived her into believing eating the fruit would be good for her.

Re: The truth about the fall #9970
09/21/03 08:45 PM
09/21/03 08:45 PM
Larry Kirkpatrick  Offline
Pastor
Veteran Member
Highland, CA, USA
Darius:
Do you accept as truth our fundamental belief #17 which includes the statement that the writings of Ellen G. White are "an authoritative and continuing source of truth"? From your remakrs above it seems very much that you could not affirm this teaching.
LK

Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Third Quarter 2024 The Book of Mark
by dedication. 09/15/24 02:59 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 09/11/24 05:20 PM
The Judgment of the Living
by kland. 09/10/24 06:13 PM
Fireballs in the Sky
by kland. 09/10/24 06:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 09/10/24 11:45 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 09/03/24 05:48 PM
Are All Born Saved and All Choose to be Lost?
by dedication. 09/01/24 04:02 PM
Profiles Of Jesus In Zecharia
by dedication. 09/01/24 03:48 PM
Deep down, are humans basically good?
by kland. 08/28/24 12:10 PM
The fragility of our cultural lifestyle
by kland. 08/28/24 11:29 AM
O Canada for Freedom
by Rick H. 08/24/24 01:54 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The church appears about to fall.
by dedication. 09/16/24 03:40 AM
Dr Conrad Vine Banned
by dedication. 09/15/24 11:53 PM
SDA Infiltration by Jesuits?
by dedication. 09/15/24 12:06 PM
A campaign against the church
by kland. 09/05/24 09:39 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by dedication. 09/02/24 04:58 PM
Timeline of the Last Day Events
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:28 PM
Is God letting loose the Four Winds of Strife?
by Rick H. 08/31/24 07:29 AM
Why Is Papacy Uniting COVID/Climate Change
by Rick H. 08/31/24 04:13 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 08/31/24 03:57 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 08/30/24 08:22 PM
LLU Endorses Gay Pride Month!
by kland. 08/28/24 11:36 AM
Perfection, when will we gain it?
by Rick H. 08/24/24 02:18 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!